+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Displays of Affection..

Extreme PDAs are the stuff of teenagers. Of course it is distasteful, and many teenagers lack the ability and motivation to control themselves. When I see outrageous behavior, I remind mysef that the brain development continues into a person's 20s. Unfortunately, combined with immature brain structure, these kids are also not taught that it is not right to make other people feel uncomfortable and that other people's feelings matter.

(I don't think most peope are offended by "normal" displays of intimacy such as hugs, hand holding, or a brief kiss.)
    It's not "the stuff" of all teenagers. That's just a stereotype. I'm 17 and I've never gone beyond a kiss in public. I've also known many teenagers to not show extreme PDAs. In fact, most teens I know do not do that. Not all teenagers are immature, just like not all adults are mature.

PDA's are unnecessary, what really matters is how close the couple is in private... people who can't take their hands off each other in public are only trying to prove something, whatever that is...
    But a couple that is close in public but can't be close in public must be trying to prove something as well. Some couples simply do not enjoy being apart from eachother and wish to be as close as possible at all times. That has nothing to do with proving something.

pda... c'mon people.... wait let me explain first.

when we were back in the days of retainers and stressing over a pop quiz, PDA was a thing that you did for two things.. one, because you wanted to make out with your sig other.. and two, brag to everyone about your hot girl..!!

now that you're a little older and mature, these sorts of things are saved for the bedroom because they only lead to much much wilder actions.

with that in mind, who gives a f*ck if you see two children getting it on, however, if two prunes are stuck together in a face to face tongue actions, i'd slap the dentures right from their mouth.

raverboy
    Um....no. Not every teenager is an idiot who only cares about how "hot" the person they are with is and the reputation they receive because of it. And not every adult has wild sex. Hell, not every adult has sex. And some people are as disgusted by young people making out or worse as you are of old people doing the same.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I grope Amy all the time in public.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinai View Post
    It's not "the stuff" of all teenagers. .
    Really? That's funny, because when I see extreme PDA action, I can't remember when I've seen adults doing it (unless they are drunks in a nightclub).

Anyway, I never said ALL teenagers. Don't be so defensive.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Really? That's funny, because when I see extreme PDA action, I can't remember when I've seen adults doing it (unless they are drunks in a nightclub).

Anyway, I never said ALL teenagers. Don't be so defensive.
    You are correct, you did not say all teenagers. But you did generalize about teenagers. I'm sorry if I appear defensive. Stereotyping is something that deeply annoys me, probably due to me being the subject of much stereotyping. And the last time I saw extreme PDA from teens was two years ago, and then 5 years before that. From an adult, I've seen it once in the past 2 years. Never before that as far as I can remember.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    probably due to me being the subject of much stereotyping.
    You probably deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You probably deserve it.
    Of course I do. Because I'm a guy, I deserve to be stereotyped as a sex addict and a slob. Because I'm a guy with long hair, I deserve to be stereotyped as a stoner. Because my beloved is younger than me, I deserve to be stereotyped as a pedophile. Because I have a trenchcoat, I deserve to be stereotyped as scary and bad. Because I'm not Christian, I deserve to be stereotyped as Satanic. Because I'm quiet at times, I deserve to be stereotyped as the kid in school who might shoot everyone.
    It makes perfect sense that I deserve to be stereotyped as these things since I hate sex and like cleanliness, don't do drugs(or even drink alcohol for that matter), me and my beloved are both teenagers and I don't even want sex anyway, anyone who really knows me knows I'm not scary, I've never even wanted to be Satanic, and I don't even like hurting insects,let alone people.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Emo. ^^

Shinai, you might want to toughen up a bit - Frasbee was just playing with you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so let me get this straight, because i support pda and everyone around the forum is a sexist, then dammit, i'd be proud to call myself a pervert. anyways,

Um....no. Not every teenager is an idiot who only cares about how "hot" the person they are with is and the reputation they receive because of it. And not every adult has wild sex. Hell, not every adult has sex. And some people are as disgusted by young people making out or worse as you are of old people doing the same.
    look whose stereotyping now?? you only assume that i'm talking about all you little kids. however, i am talking about MYSELF. did you forget to see the "we" in my post??

lastly, you're lucky because i would never stereotype you as the child who would shoot up a school. you come off more so as a boring and self centered nerd who's mad because of some bullshit in the past. but when you really think about this matter, it's usually the angry kids who shoots up their high school.. oh oh, did i just pull out another stereotype?

listen buddy, you have to understand that not everyone will share the same viewpoints as you. so what if people think different, shit happens. i just think that it's funnier when you get offended like this and then start to bitch about it. it gives me laughs and makes my day.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    so let me get this straight, because i support pda and everyone around the forum is a sexist, then dammit, i'd be proud to call myself a pervert. anyways,

look whose stereotyping now?? you only assume that i'm talking about all you little kids. however, i am talking about MYSELF. did you forget to see the "we" in my post??

lastly, you're lucky because i would never stereotype you as the child who would shoot up a school. you come off more so as a boring and self centered nerd who's mad because of some bullshit in the past. but when you really think about this matter, it's usually the angry kids who shoots up their high school.. oh oh, did i just pull out another stereotype?

listen buddy, you have to understand that not everyone will share the same viewpoints as you. so what if people think different, shit happens. i just think that it's funnier when you get offended like this and then start to bitch about it. it gives me laughs and makes my day.

raverboy
    I wasn't assuming anything. You were referring to people teenagers, including yourself, from what I read. Or did I misread what you were trying to say?

That's interesting that I come off as such to you, I'm actually nothing like that. I think I joined this forum at a bad time, I've been in a pretty bad mood most of this week. I'm probably boring to people I don't like, since if I don't like someone I just don't talk to them. Around others I vary from calm and quiet to hyper and overactive. I'm not sure about me being self-centered. I tend to put other people before myself. But I care about my beloved more than anyone or anything else, and I suppose putting one person above everyone else because of my feelings is a bit selfish. As for nerd, it would depend on what you mean. My grades are usually pretty bad. I can be smart though and I like anime, video games, comics, and such. The only thing I'm really mad about is something that has screwed up my life since the beginning of this week, but that's leading to me getting aggravated and annoyed by a lot of things...more than I should be I guess. It's usually hard to anger me.

You're right, not everyone will share my viewpoints. But I'll still be annoyed by viewpoints that I know to be not entirely true. I'll just try to to be so argumentative about it, every little thing has been aggravating me this week.

You're right, not everyone will share my viewpoints. But I'll still be annoyed by viewpoints that I know to be not entirely true.
    Has it ever occurred to you that a particular viewpoint may be entirely true to someone else, even though it isn't entirely true to you? I can see where Illusional is coming from in calling you self centered. Try accepting a different idea for a change.
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” -Dr. Seuss

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wasn't assuming anything. You were referring to people teenagers, including yourself, from what I read. Or did I misread what you were trying to say?
    first of all, yes i was talking about myself and how i have seen teens over the past few years. yes, not of all them are like that, however, i was one of them who didn't care what the teachers thought about me. my ex's dean was trying to break up our relationship because i was two years older than her when i was a freshman.. now how stupid is that?

secondly, you might have been in a bad mood, but remember that what you do will affect others. if you come off in a bad way, i guarantee that someone will reply negatively.

as for being a nerd, maybe that was the wrong word. should i say sheltered?? or not as big of a party animal as i am? yes, i was an still am a big baby when it comes to parties, i can't resist and i'm already 28 just in case you were wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChombo View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that a particular viewpoint may be entirely true to someone else, even though it isn't entirely true to you? I can see where Illusional is coming from in calling you self centered. Try accepting a different idea for a change.
    as for this quote, i called you self-centered because of the way that you replied. i can only go off what you have posted, and that i did. you came off as a person that looked negatively among people who did show pda because they did not have the same view points as you. you probably aren't self centered if you say so, and i could care less if you are.. as long as your fine with yourself that is what should really matter..right?

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by ElChombo View Post
    The viewpoints I was talking about are the generalizations people make, things I have seen to be untrue in many cases.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love teenagers. really. I know lots of fantastic teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    first of all, yes i was talking about myself and how i have seen teens over the past few years. yes, not of all them are like that, however, i was one of them who didn't care what the teachers thought about me. my ex's dean was trying to break up our relationship because i was two years older than her when i was a freshman.. now how stupid is that?

secondly, you might have been in a bad mood, but remember that what you do will affect others. if you come off in a bad way, i guarantee that someone will reply negatively.

as for being a nerd, maybe that was the wrong word. should i say sheltered?? or not as big of a party animal as i am? yes, i was an still am a big baby when it comes to parties, i can't resist and i'm already 28 just in case you were wondering.

as for this quote, i called you self-centered because of the way that you replied. i can only go off what you have posted, and that i did. you came off as a person that looked negatively among people who did show pda because they did not have the same view points as you. you probably aren't self centered if you say so, and i could care less if you are.. as long as your fine with yourself that is what should really matter..right?

raverboy
    I don't care what teachers, or anyone else for that matter, think of me either. And I currently have plenty of people wanting to break me and my beloved up, thought perhaps in my case it may be a bit more..."justified" as our age gap is a bit more.

Yes I realize that and I take full responsibility for my actions. Unfortunately, I didn't really give a damn what I came across as at the time.

Well, I'm not exactly sheltered but I don't really like partying so much, probably because almost every party I've been to is mostly about the drinking and I stopped drinking a while ago.

Personally, I have no problem with people showing PDAs. I'm pretty much neutral on the subject. The farthest I'll go is hugging, kissing lightly, holding hands, and cuddling. But then again that's the farthest I'll go at all, public or private. I'm just not sexual. But if other people want to do more, then so be it. If you don't like it then look away.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha i'm the opposite... i got into exhibitionism and sex is public is very risque. (shit... how do i make the little thing about the e??)

raverboy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast