+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've fallen in love with my best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog View Post
    Because this socially inept nerd has never had any other interaction with another "female". He is so wrapped up in these Freudian-esque feelings for someone he has become so close to, he hasn't even allowed himself the possibility of getting close to anyone else.

Who else would hold up to her standards? Who else would be as perfect as this pedestal-lifted goddess his mind has created?

This dork just wrote a 1400 word essay that could be summed up in 60 with a well placed run on sentence:

I'm a loser, I'm fat, I'm pining over a girl who is obviously too good for me, and since she is the only chick I've ever had the balls to talk to, and who was kind enough to actually give me some attention, I am, of course, going to risk it all and try to make a move on her.

You want some advice? Lose the 80 lbs., the acne, the social awkwardness, the chick "best friends", the pathetic obsessions, and stop thinking everything is a "sign" when it isn't.

Translation for the slow - She's boning some other dude who is getting the job done, and you are the backup plan / shoulder to cry on. You will never successfully be out of this position, so do yourself - and the rest of us - a favor by accepting this, and moving on. It's obvious she has.

_
    _
    _
    Congratulations on being a clueless idiot. Constructive advice if your "bold" statement had any veracity. I have witnessed more intelligence from a box of Q-Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by whoweare View Post
    Congratulations on being a clueless idiot. Constructive advice if your "bold" statement had any veracity. I have witnessed more intelligence from a box of Q-Tips.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Nice response Whoweare!

I disagree. I think whoweare got bad directions to "Sophist Forum". Cy had some very valid points, especially the part in the first paragraph about not allowing himself to get close to anyone else.
    Spammer Spanker

You can make valid points without being a total a$$hole.
    This is a place for advice, not a place to see if you can get the biggest jerk award.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I disagree. I think whoweare got bad directions to "Sophist Forum".

Quote Originally Posted by celestialxs View Post
    You can make valid points without being a total a$.
    This is a place for advice, not a place to see if you can get the biggest jerk award.
    Meh. If we gave a "biggest jerk" award, Cybog would probably win it. I still think he's great.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Meh. If we gave a "biggest jerk" award, Cybog would probably win it. I still think he's great.
    Actually, I'm not so sure Cybog would win the award. I've seen a few other jerks posting on this forum as well.

Oh, then I suggest you do some research. Few posters are capable of being a vitriolic and scathing as Cy has been, and certainly nobody who is posting regularly now.
    Spammer Spanker

True. I probably recently read an older post, but it really irritated a lot of people who read and posted on the thread.
    I'm gonna find it....

Oh yes...

Cuddlemonster and the "Are all women egocentric???" thread.

He's a contender too, in my opinion.

What? You seriously think Cuddlemonster would be in the running for Biggest Jerk?

Man, you should have seen Zro, or even Zarathu. Or this guy named Hugo Pickle who was around a couple of years ago. Cuddlemonster is nice.
    Spammer Spanker

No, no, no. I misread the posters. I realized it AFTER I posted it.

I meant GrkScorp and his responses to cuddlemonster's and almost everyone elses posts in the egoccentric thread.

Sorry, my mistake.

Oh! Well, he pisses lots of people off, it's true, but he also really focuses on people's issues and gives his advice. I think he definitely makes a contribution. That's what I like about Cybog, too. Yes, he can be just evil as hell, but he stands by his opinions and spends the time and energy to throughly explain himself.

Not lately, obviously. He only posts once in a blue moon.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, giving advice is a good thing. I just disagree with bashing people while doing it. C'mon, what good does that do? Besides, I think it can sometimes detract from the valid advice and opinions you're giving.
    People are less likely to listen to someone who comes off as a complete jerk.

I think there's a lot to be said for the good cop/ bad cop approach. Sometimes it's more effective than the hand-holding.

Maybe someday you will play bad cop. It's kinda fun, actually.
    Spammer Spanker

I'm not saying don't be blunt and to the point.

I just think it's immature and unnecessary to call someone names like "sociall inept nerd" when trying to sincerely get a good point across. You saw it. Whoweare didn't even remotely see the good point Cy brought up because they were clouded by Cy's immature approach.

There's good cop, there's bad cop, and then there's robber. That's what Cy was, a robber. He robbed all the valid points in his post by being rude. It's a shame.

People like yourself, and even myself at times, can see these points, but we're not emotionally involved in the situation. If you really want to reach the person who created a thread, Cy's way is probably not the way to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast