+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why won't my husband agree to an open relationship?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And he can't handle that. I say you just go ahead and cheat. (and I'm not generally an advocate for cheating but I know you won't leave the cheater) He's done it why can't you?

Where the heck do you find these 'disrespectful' men, who think they can shaft who they want too and yet who expect you to be faithful.
    Why do women tolerate these shitty situations?

Tell him to get stood on and go find yourself a REAL hunk of a man

Can someone explain to me why people get married and proceed into an "open relationship?" It seems to kind of break down the whole frame of "marriage".........

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you want to stay married, or not?

If yes, then your choices are to: cheat, tell him not to cheat, or suck his cheating up.

Personally, I would just divorce if gander won't let his goose have sauce too. Of course, you don't need his permission, but you'd better be prepared for the consequences. Some ppl are very hypocritical in their behaviour.

You're already in an open relationship. He is kissing other women. Go out and find some guys to kiss.

Why don't you guys just get a divorce? This way you'll be free to love whomever you want.
    Why struggle with this open relationship? There is no such thing as open marriage. If you sleep with
    other people, you have NO MARRIAGE. Just cut him loose, and pursue your own happiness.

Touch in happiness?

Quote Originally Posted by the ice man View Post
    Touch in happiness?
    </dislike>

as someone said, i dont understand, why are you still married, sounds like there is a backstory from other posts it seems he cheats, and say you want to (and a bit weird that you are asking for his permission - imo anyway), surely thats breaking the whole marriage thing, is something wrong with you? do you live off him?

He's banging another chick, you may as well get your needs met too.

There is no reason to cheat in this day and age. No one is forcing you to stay married. If you feel like sleeping with other people, then just get a divorce and pursue your needs.
    Why would people go through the trouble of sneaking around, lying, and being a total unfaithful whore? If you are unhappy in the marriage, just LEAVE!
    Yes it gets complicated when there are children in the family, but it doesn't get any easier through cheating. We have the freedom to stay or leave. We stay only because we
    want to. If you want an open marriage, then you really don't love your husband. Think about that.

My 2 cents

Sounds like he wants the best of both worlds, just by reading this one thread. I know people who have an "open relationship" some make it work by "swinging" with couples they know. My friend was in an "open relationship" and married, they had rules that they were to follow and not break and it made them happy for a while. She's now seperated because he found someone else I guess that he wanted to be with.If you don't like the idea that he may be or is with other women yet he wont allow you the same, then maybe you guys shouldn't be married. If you guys have kids, it will confuse them and/or mess them up. If he is doing stuff with other women while being away from you, and you ask to have the samething and he's not okay with it, then tell him he's not aloud either.

IMO I don't think an "Open Relationship" is a good idea for anybody. If you love someone you're true to them and only them, you do not want to have sex with or be with anyone else. . If you're lonely go hang out with your friends and family to take your mind off the fact that he's in Korea. If you have sexual urges visit XXX Store.

maybe he loves you and doesn't want to share

I'm just curious...are thinking about seeing someone else out of loneliness or because you are bored or horny?

I think for the horny bit, some toys and your hand would do as good...but I guess it depends on the person...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Frankly, this is why I don't give advice to stupid people. I cannot rationally give any advice for this other than to simply divorce.
    We all know that's not going to happen though, because people are stupid and they will do anything to keep their marriage alive... like a dog lying in its own piss.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 03-07-10 at 10:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast