+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birthday Ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    No offense taken. From the story, it sounded like the night went really bad. It's hard to be grateful if you're waiting for your loved one to show up and he's late (-1), then you would like him to do something extra to make up for being late, but he gets you fake flowers (-2). Then you wait for at least a nice dinner, since everything else went wrong, but the dinner sucked (-3) and the guy's ex is there (-4). If it was only one or two things, then maybe you brush it off and say "mistakes happen." However, when more and more unpleasant things happen in a row, it is hard to feel great on any day, but especially Valentine's Day, when you see all the couples together and having a great time. You'd feel like you'd want to have a great time too.

Really, Tone redeemed himself nicely on her birthday.
    True! I'm so dumb it's un-beliveable lol! I guess all the little things made it worse, I bet he did redeem himself in other area's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Tone Guest
    The biggest problem was that she was my best friend for a year before dating.

And she knew almost EVERYTHING about my past relationship... she knew all the sweet things I use to do, and so I always had to live up to my past expectations, make sense? Like anytime I wouldn't do somethin it'd be "Well you did <this> for Amanda...", "You use to sneak into Amanda's window...", etc.

Yeah true I could have shown up empty handed, but she knew me. She knows I like to do special things for my girl... it was bad enough the whole thing came up prior to us goin to dinner about how I would do it for my ex... but then when we SAW her there it only brought it BACK up... yeah not a good night.

But yeah, I made sure nothing like this happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    The biggest problem was that she was my best friend for a year before dating.

And she knew almost EVERYTHING about my past relationship... she knew all the sweet things I use to do, and so I always had to live up to my past expectations, make sense? Like anytime I wouldn't do somethin it'd be "Well you did <this> for Amanda...", "You use to sneak into Amanda's window...", etc.
    Yeah true I could have shown up empty handed, but she knew me. She knows I like to do special things for my girl... it was bad enough the whole thing came up prior to us goin to dinner about how I would do it for my ex... but then when we SAW her there it only brought it BACK up... yeah not a good night.

But yeah, I made sure nothing like this happens again.
    Oh God, I used to say that to my ex, no wonder I got dumped haha! But yeah I wont be saying that stuff again.

Tone Guest
    LoL well it's hard when you know a lot of details about your partner's past relationships... cause when they don't treat you the same way they treat the others you start to think it's cause they maybe don't like you as much!

I also realize how goofy the window thing sounds... LoL - it's because we got in an argument because she wanted me to sneak over to her house at night to have sex in her bedroom. I was NOT cool with this cause her father is VERY intimidating and I did NOT want to get caught by him... but she knew I use to sneak over to my ex g/f house ALL the time.. well - she lived with her MOM and YOUNGER brother.. no one to lynch me if we get caught! Huge difference!

Anyways...

LoL well it's hard when you know a lot of details about your partner's past relationships... cause when they don't treat you the same way they treat the others you start to think it's cause they maybe don't like you as much!

I also realize how goofy the window thing sounds... LoL - it's because we got in an argument because she wanted me to sneak over to her house at night to have sex in her bedroom. I was NOT cool with this cause her father is VERY intimidating and I did NOT want to get caught by him... but she knew I use to sneak over to my ex g/f house ALL the time.. well - she lived with her MOM and YOUNGER brother.. no one to lynch me if we get caught! Huge difference!

Anyways...
    The window thing sounded cute apart from the father being scurry!! Yeah sorry about talking about your history lol.

Anyways...
    Definately true. Good luck with that next time Tone. Haha.

I had an ex who screamed out my name from his window in the residence hall while I was walking outside. It was VERY embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    Definately true. Good luck with that next time Tone. Haha.

I had an ex who screamed out my name from his window in the residence hall while I was walking outside. It was VERY embarrassing.
    Ahh man this is depressing I've never had 'BIG' gestures of love like you guys have!

Tone Guest
    Pfft I don't care to talk about history.. I just don't want to hijack homeboy's thread any further!

Even though we are semi-on-topic.

Poor Pears LoL.. my ex's current S/O is psycho like that.

Haha yeah sorry! I hijack too much. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12