+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Ideas!!

Birthday Ideas!!

My gf and I have been together about 2 months now. I have no clue what to get her. A book, some lingerie, dinner, goto a live theatre. She's been hinting that she wants something memorable. I can understand since she's moving away in about 2 months. She's mentioned she wanted to go shopping at Victoria's Secret. But that's about 5 hour drive away ONE WAY. Should I make a wish come true?

OR

Do you all have some better suggestions?

Tone Guest
    Can't you order her something from Victoria Secret online or somethin???

Anyways - I have a TON of great birthday/anniversary/somethin special ideas I have a log of, but I'M SORRY I can't share them. If I share them and the more people who do them, the less special/unique they will be when I use them.

I know that by saying this it makes me a dick, but TOUGH

yeah try and buy it online, or if you cant then think outside of the box!

make it pesonal, not the typical.

Tone Guest
    One thing to remember.. the most important thing is to not just rush things and put a lot of thought into whatever you do. If you do this, it shows.

Example. This is so embarrassing - but I'll tell it anyways. I procrastinated a Valentines Day a few years ago... and prioritized EVERYTHING else BUT my girlfriend this day. So I ran out late... as I was suppose to go pick her up I ran to a flower shop on the way... looked around hastily (as I was late) and found this big boquet of roses for $30. I was like "Cool this looks good" bought it quick and ran out the shop.. as I'm goin back to my car I realize I just bought some FAKE ****ING FLOWERS... FAKE!!!

I was so pissed (at myself) but already late and thought I could make this work somehow.. WOW my g/f was UPSET.. she was hurt and pissed off that I just didn't take time and just rushed this. Dinner was horrible.. we just fought the whole time.. and to top it off I saw one of my ex-girlfriends, who was also eating at the same restaurant as us.. and that certainly didn't help. (She thought I still had feelings for her from the start)

So fast forward two months later and her birthday comes up. After the V-Day fallout she probably wasn't expecting much. So I went out and bought a bunch of balloons, got this picnic set, and some candles. Put them in the trunk.

Went and picked her up (DAMN I can still picture the skirt she was wearin and how good she looked this day..) I pick her up, give her a rose and tell her I'm taking her out to eat. She gets in the car. And I say "Oh yeah forgot one thing... you have to wear this." And I pull out a blindfold. So I blindfold her and take her to her favorite place (Red Lobster) - I make her wait in the car and I get the food to go (I know what she likes). So I get the food and drive her out (still blindfolded) to our favorite park. Find a nice little spot and setup the balloons, blanket, candles, and everythin. Unblindfold her and WOW she was so suprised and she just loved it...

Let me tell you... we stayed in the park til after dark, and it was definately a good night - one we both won't forget, and even today we sometimes mention that birthday.

Moral of the story - take the time to think things out.

Tone - Just woah!!! I need a boyfriend like this!

Anyway I don't care about reciveing presents on my b'day from a b/f I just wanna get laid! BIRTHDAY SEX over a pressi any day!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    Tone - Just woah!!! I need a boyfriend like this!
    To give you fake roses on V-Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    To give you fake roses on V-Day?

Lol I wouldn't care, it's the thought that counts, anyway because they're fake I could look at them forever!! Haha cheese!

Tone Guest
    Lol I wouldn't care, it's the thought that counts, anyway because they're fake I could look at them forever!! Haha cheese!
    LoL I tried using that line too... yeah didn't quite work out...

She saw right through me, she knew I rushed it.

At least you made the effort!

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    One thing to remember.. the most important thing is to not just rush things and put a lot of thought into whatever you do. If you do this, it shows.

Example. This is so embarrassing - but I'll tell it anyways. I procrastinated a Valentines Day a few years ago... and prioritized EVERYTHING else BUT my girlfriend this day. So I ran out late... as I was suppose to go pick her up I ran to a flower shop on the way... looked around hastily (as I was late) and found this big boquet of roses for $30. I was like "Cool this looks good" bought it quick and ran out the shop.. as I'm goin back to my car I realize I just bought some FAKE ****ING FLOWERS... FAKE!!!

I was so pissed (at myself) but already late and thought I could make this work somehow.. WOW my g/f was UPSET.. she was hurt and pissed off that I just didn't take time and just rushed this. Dinner was horrible.. we just fought the whole time.. and to top it off I saw one of my ex-girlfriends, who was also eating at the same restaurant as us.. and that certainly didn't help. (She thought I still had feelings for her from the start)

So fast forward two months later and her birthday comes up. After the V-Day fallout she probably wasn't expecting much. So I went out and bought a bunch of balloons, got this picnic set, and some candles. Put them in the trunk.

Went and picked her up (DAMN I can still picture the skirt she was wearin and how good she looked this day..) I pick her up, give her a rose and tell her I'm taking her out to eat. She gets in the car. And I say "Oh yeah forgot one thing... you have to wear this." And I pull out a blindfold. So I blindfold her and take her to her favorite place (Red Lobster) - I make her wait in the car and I get the food to go (I know what she likes). So I get the food and drive her out (still blindfolded) to our favorite park. Find a nice little spot and setup the balloons, blanket, candles, and everythin. Unblindfold her and WOW she was so suprised and she just loved it...

Let me tell you... we stayed in the park til after dark, and it was definately a good night - one we both won't forget, and even today we sometimes mention that birthday.

Moral of the story - take the time to think things out.
    I laughed really really really hard when I read this. That must have been shit, meeting your ex there, hahahaha.

Way to go, I'll have to try that when I finally get my license

[EDIT] My girlfriend got me a carnation on V-Day. I was like "wow, who died?"

Tone, I'm really glad you made up for it. If it were me, you'd be dead after that Valentine's Day.

funkybuddha, you could definately order something online. Or maybe you can find lingerie from another shop that looks just as good.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    Tone, I'm really glad you made up for it. If it were me, you'd be dead after that Valentine's Day.
    You and me both!

Yeah I definately dropped the ball that V-Day...

Quote Originally Posted by Pears
    Tone, I'm really glad you made up for it. If it were me, you'd be dead after that Valentine's Day. funkybuddha, you could definately order something online. Or maybe you can find lingerie from another shop that looks just as good.
    I don't understand this, if I was Tones girl in that situation I would have laughed it off and would have been grateful that he went to so much effort, some people are so un-grateful. No offence Pears.

I don't understand this, if I was Tones girl in that situation I would have laughed it off and would have been grateful that he went to so much effort, some people are so un-grateful. No offence Pears.
    No offense taken. From the story, it sounded like the night went really bad. It's hard to be grateful if you're waiting for your loved one to show up and he's late (-1), then you would like him to do something extra to make up for being late, but he gets you fake flowers (-2). Then you wait for at least a nice dinner, since everything else went wrong, but the dinner sucked (-3) and the guy's ex is there (-4). If it was only one or two things, then maybe you brush it off and say "mistakes happen." However, when more and more unpleasant things happen in a row, it is hard to feel great on any day, but especially Valentine's Day, when you see all the couples together and having a great time. You'd feel like you'd want to have a great time too.

Really, Tone redeemed himself nicely on her birthday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast