+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online relationships and meeting in person-H*E*L*P

Talking on the phone is a whole different thing

Ok, she's gone to NY for the weekend so since she is not online she decided to call... I was melting while she was talking... I get stupified when I hear her, she knows I get shy and she understands, in a way she enjoys that. I try to keep the conversation going but I can't seem to have the courage to say all the sweet things I say to her online and that I know she likes. Shall I start with maybe one sweet word per phone call?

Thanks

I just read the topic and felt I had to jump in and not even read the post. I don't feel it is the best idea to meet people online in person. You have aside you show online and then the real you. People tend to lie about things to make them look better. People fall in Online Love all the time but when they meet in real life the fantasy is over and for the most part you are left wanting. Not to say all people are not who they say they are but just be ready to see the1980 Ford rusted truck in the driveway and not the 2004 limited V8 convertable Corvette.

While this is true, it shouldn't be discouraged for people to try it out. For the thousands that meet and are disappointed there are a handful now and then who hit it off and eventually get married. Hell look at squirrley and iron off of this very forum. They met in person and they're closer than you could imagine. Not married but you get the idea.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Good luck with your meeting - keep us posted it will be sooo nice to know how you get on!

Also just be yourself , be natural and remember HAVE FUN!

Me and my boyfriend met online - we only live 16 miles apart though and we are able to see each other everday but we still met up in person and totally starting falling for each other - 10 months later we are still together , still in love and still VERY happy

***Zek - Baby Angel***

Thanks a lot girls! I'm really exited. She called me from NY again and wanted to know how I was since she is far away from her computer... (remember we don't talk on the phone) I was feeling a bit more confident today and started to call her for what I always call her "Kitten" I know she likes it so there we go We meet in Oct 16 so maybe by then we may have talked a few more times, one of the things I was afraid of was my spanish accent but she knew about that, I get nervous when I talk to her on the phone and I had to tell her that so she didnt' think she was talking to a retard I know once we meet in person I'll get more confident but it may take a few hours and some blushing hehehe fortunatelly I'll see her all that weekend.

Tha'ts my update and thanks again for listening and for your advice

**the Time Has Come**

Ok guys-girls FRIDAY is the day... After almost 4 months... I'm going to meet this sweetheart, I'm driving to FL on Thurs. night, I'm still really nervous and so is she but we both are really looking forward for us to meet. Wish me luck and any last minute advice??? It will be very appreciated

Take care dudes and dudettes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12