+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so I really like this guy... but I'm also really nervous

I guess I thought I shouldn't have sent him a fb chat message because it might scare him off. Also he then said he had to go... don't know if he was just trying to get away u coz he's not interested...

Quick analysis: he winked at you. Twice. Obvious much? Nice guys are often shy guys, so that strikes me as bold.

Detailed analysis: he thanked you for IMing him. He did so because you made him feel like you are interested in him, which is a huge relief because nice guys are afraid to hit on girls that might not like them. Furthermore, he enjoys talking to you, and initiating a Facebook chat gave him the opportunity to do just that. He apologized when he had to go so that you wouldn't get the impression that IMing him was a bad idea--he wants you to be willing to do it again, for the aforementioned reasons. Lastly, he stated (again, twice) that he will speak to you again. This means that your initiation of Facebook chat made him feel more comfortable around you than he was previously. He now feels assured that you won't be annoyed if he turns the tables and strikes up some conversations with you--therefore, he is likely to do that.

I suggest leaving him be the next time you are on Facebook simultaneously, to find out if he will contact you. Do this for a day or maybe two. I suggest this only because I get the impression he's a busy type, and could neglect to contact you for harmless reasons. Either that, or he could still be pussying out. Either way, if you return the ball to his court by initiation contact again after this period, he is much more likely to strike.

Yeah, you are overthinking it and overanalyzing it. It's casual right now so don't worry. Take it easy and let things build up. You will know if they aren't going anywhere.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks guys That's helpful. I'll just wait and see what happens next and keep you posted if there are any developments

yeah whats wrong with what you said?
    and btw when i said let him do all the stuttering, it wasn't supposed to literal!
    i meant let him do all the work lol

just let things flow :]
    Ello Love

Ok so he hasn't come on Facebook chat once since our last conversation. I'm worried that maybe he isn't coming online because he doesn't want to speak to me or something...

Although to be honest I've only ever known him to be online a few times.

But still I'm worried. I wish he'd make contact. I'm seeing him at church on Sunday and I'd like to hear from him again otherwise I'll be nervous and won't know how to react.

Urgh... men!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12