+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the use of drugs...

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I used to smoke weed... alot. Probably around £80 per week. So erm... yeah. That was whilst I worked a full time job.

I suppose it depends how well educated people are on the matter. I wouldn't expect anyone to understand what weed is like once you are past the 'giggles' and 'munchies' stage. The effects for me now are very very stimulating, mentally. It provides clarity and I love the conversations I'll have with friends whilst high.

I have always said, I would rather the world be high than drunk...

I occasionally smoke it now. Very occasionally since I became a bit of a fitness freak. I still enjoy it when I do and my last relationship was full of great times whilst smoking it with my ex.

I've done other stuff aswell, non of which I've enjoyed as much except 'herbal highs'... I used to take a pill called 'Dove' when I would go to a superclub. Was completely legal until about a month ago over here. Damn lol

As far as relationships and drugs go... I would never ever jeapordise a relationship to pursue drugs. Like Shheadz said, if she had a problem with it, I would do it in my own time, not with or around her. Relationships are far more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a low tolerance for people who are always high/drunk/stoned. It's an occupational hazzard. People who use ANY substance regularly are the neediest, selfish, most annoying patients on the floor, despite them not usually being the sickest.

And I hate the way chronic users assume they are more worldly and enlightened than anyone else who doesn't use.

I don't mean to sound preachy, because I did a LOT of drugs when I was young, but you are supposed to outgrow that eventually, and for the record, I do not have an issue with occassional boozing or pot smoking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

What I'm getting from this is that an interest in drugs is not a problem so long as I'm not an addict/junkie. That's fine with me, because I'm not. I'm the type who uses irregularly, but uses extremely high amounts when I do. I guess I like the idea of a vision quest, maybe from having read too many books on Native Americans as a kid.

I know I can keep my use separate from relationships, because I have, before. Some of the most awesome sex I've had was when I accidentally ended up having sex while still a bit under the influence--I just hid that fact, because my partners were too naive to realize. I'm not sure if I want to hide it, though. Entheogens have affected the way I perceive the world pretty strongly, such that I think an understanding of what they are about would be important to how someone understands me as well. But the cultural biases against it have been so strong where I've been that I always feared that girls would not understand, even if they could, just due to the negative stigma attached.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12