+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quit Smoking

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't see how they could hurt your lungs.

I heard that eating pot in brownies or whatever, messes you up a LOT more and lasts a lot longer because you digest it. And after I hold some pot smoke in my lungs for a while, and think about that, I say no thank you! I don't need to be high 24/7, just once in a while, for a little while and that's way different. But I know that it's not healthy, just like cigs, so it might sound hypocritical. It's not an "ohh if I don't have a smoke on the toilet, or while I'm driving" thing, either, not even close, so it is completely different! And if I smoked 20 joints in one day I would die, seriously.

Those are some great quotes tho, misombra!

It's common sense that smoke is not healthy to inhale. It doesn't matter if it's tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke, crack smoke, or wood smoke. It's so ironic... we have people die from breathing in smoke from house fires every year, and yet people will deliberately take some dried leaves rolled up in some rice paper, light it on fire and do the damage to themselves.

And shit, people say there is nothing harmful about ingesting drugs. They don't think that eating a ****load of marijuana laced with brownies or doing shrooms or anything is harmful... these are the same jackasses who don't know that even drinking enough water would kill you.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 23-03-09 at 06:17 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    I heard that eating pot in brownies or whatever, messes you up a LOT more and lasts a lot longer because you digest it.
    Can you provide some sort of credible link that confirms this? Because I don't believe it.

i think it has to do with the temperature. firing it up with a lighter tends to bring the temperature too high to extract 100% of the thc. (or i should say it burns the thc before it can be ingested.) whereas if you have control of the temperature in the cooking process and you're using proper oil (different oils can burn at different temps) you can extract 100% of the thc.

yeah i know this shit haha!
    Last edited by misombra; 23-03-09 at 06:29 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i think it has to do with the temperature. firing it up with a lighter tends to bring the temperature too high to extract 100% of the thc. (or i should say it burns the thc before it can be ingested.) whereas if you have control of the temperature in the cooking process and you're using proper oil (different oils can burn at different temps) you can extract 100% of the thc.

yeah i know this shit haha!
    Yeah, you're way smarter than me because I was going to say that I just heard peoples stories. I never tried eating it, I ate Nutmeg once when I was young, because I heard that you could trip on it. I can say that I was completely messed up for 2 days, but it was definitely not the kind of messed up that I wanted to be. It seriously felt like I was in hell for 2 days, then I slept for 24 hours! So I never even wanted to try brownies after that!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't find anything that supports it being worse for you to eat marijuana than to smoke it. The only thing I found said that it would require lots more to produce the same effect because of first-pass metabolism, but that was obvious.

[url]http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/research/job185drugs/cannabis.htm[/url]

Anyway, what does it matter? If someone wants to quit smoking because they are worried about the health of their lungs, why would they want to pick up another bad habit?

Quite curious - I think you should learn to do some deep breathing and chew gum. Exercise (as a distraction) is good, too.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-03-09 at 06:53 AM.

Wait, I never said that eating it was worse than smoking it, I would say that its less healthy to smoke it. In my case, I just meant that I wouldn't want to eat it anyway, plus I have a weak stomach. Just about it lasting longer, I don't need it to last longer was my point there. And I'm not telling anybody to smoke weed, that was kind of a joke, deep breathing is what I said is the best thing to do, instead of smoking cigs in one of my previous posts.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I can't find anything that supports it being worse for you to eat marijuana than to smoke it. The only thing I found said that it would require lots more to produce the same effect because of first-pass metabolism, but that was
    THC is lipid soluble. If dope heads really want to get the most for the least, they should do an oil extraction and then let it absorb sublingual. No first pass and straight into the blood.

For those who don't know, 'first pass' just means there is a direct channel of blood flow from your intestines to your liver, which is where much of our toxins get metabolized. Its an evolutionarily conserved design that goes back to the days when our diet was pretty toxic. It kept your ancestors alive.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Are you talking about the corporately controlled toxins that can only be released by use of Kinoki pad or other product?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Smoke DMT instead. Right boobaa?

Thanks for all the tips guys! It's been a few days since I posted and I'm now 10 days in. I managed to get through a pretty big drink up yesterday without touching one, which is a huge achievement for me.

I haven't needed gum and trying to steer clear of picking up any *replacement* habits (well, bad ones anyway) as this is as much about proving to myself I am in control, and not dependent on anything, as it is about health

I've started going to the gym and cooking more often; this is something I can afford to do again having recently moved closer to work. I figure with all my tastebuds returning, I will be able to enjoy these home-made meals much more!

Dried fruit sits on my desk at work though, just in case; so I'm not doing it completely cold turkey

Talking to fellow quitters is mighty inspirational so I thank you all!

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Definitely work out more ... I stopped smoking about the second week of January, but I don't keep track of how long in terms of days/weeks/etc ... If I keep counting every day, it'd just put too much pressure on me to keep quitting.

I'll admit that I did have a cigarette here and there, but definitely not a daily or weekly thing. I smoked for a good 10 years total with little breaks inbetween.

But back to working out, do it because with your enhanced sense of taste, you might eat yourself into obesity. I've gained a good chunk of weight since I stopped being a full fledged smoker. But it's only a matter of time before I stop the monthly cig and forget about it completely.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

I Have definitely noticed that I think about food a lot more often, but I'm grateful to be thinking about food if it means I don't think about smoking.

I've been doing about 30 mins of exercise everyday to combat the extra snacks. I'm lucky I'm thin so I can afford a few extra kilo's if I slack off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiteCurious View Post
    Thanks for all the tips guys! It's been a few days since I posted and I'm now 10 days in. I managed to get through a pretty big drink up yesterday without touching one, which is a huge achievement for me.

I haven't needed gum and trying to steer clear of picking up any *replacement* habits (well, bad ones anyway) as this is as much about proving to myself I am in control, and not dependent on anything, as it is about health

I've started going to the gym and cooking more often; this is something I can afford to do again having recently moved closer to work. I figure with all my tastebuds returning, I will be able to enjoy these home-made meals much more!

Dried fruit sits on my desk at work though, just in case; so I'm not doing it completely cold turkey

Talking to fellow quitters is mighty inspirational so I thank you all!
    Awesome job, that's great to hear!

tooxshort: Working out seems a lot easier when not smoking I bet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast