+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Career

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing89
    my original plan is to be a bum
    Whats the education that goes behind that?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

If it's something you're interested in, do some research on it. I'm of the opposite opinion as Lloyd. Money makes some things easier but if you hate waking up everyday to go and make it what's the point of living? Do what you love to do. If it's something you adore and look forward to waking up and doing it everyday the money will come. Look at Donald Trump. When he has free time he goes and reviews new properties because it's what he LOVES to do.

The greatest thing money can do is allow you to do things you enjoy. If you enjoy working then the money is just gravy. Just my opinion.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Ok, what about when you have kids? And a mortgage? College is going to cost about $100K/year in 18 years for a private school, not including all the costs within the next 18 years.

Delivering a baby cost $30K. My insurance, since I work for myself, is >$1K/month; that's $12K/year, net. That's like an extra $18K/year I need to make on top of a salary, just to get ins.

Yes, you have to be happy, but you know what? If someone paid me $2K/day to stand on my head in a pile of shit, I think I'd do it.

Well Lloyd, I have some spare money laying around. Wanna make a deal?

Yea, work takes up a lot of one's day, but it's not the whole time. If I earn good money, I can have a lot more fun outside of work doing things I might be able to do otherwise. But admittedly, its the mortgage payment that's really keeping me at my job.

$30K to have a kid? Are you serious? This is pre-diapers and everything? Damn!
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

i might become a sort of counselor/psycologist . the program is called "intervention of delinquency" , Basically its dealing with little punks that got into trouble , they cant go to jail cuz their too young so they go at a center where i will straighten them out . Just dealing with them , finding a solution to their problems and if their addicted to drugs iv got to un-hook them .,

pay shouldnt be that bad . what do you think about this ?

Tone Guest
    See I agree with Zekk, cause I was there.

When I graduated with my associates I got a job making really good money... but I hated it there, everyday I woke up thinkin "How can I find a way to not go to work today"

Where I'm at now I'm making half what I was there, but I actually don't mind comin to work each day.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well Late Vamp,
    It probably won't be an easy job....and you may find the same people coming thru over and over again because they go back on drugs....

But honestly the world needs people who will help.....so I say go for it. If you decide you don't like it....you can always go into something else.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah its expensive to have a kid......just the hospital costs and all. Thats why it pays to have good insurance if you can get it....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

My last kid cost $28K to have, and that was the 3 days in the hospital, the birth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    My last kid cost $28K to have, and that was the 3 days in the hospital, the birth etc.
    Damn the US is expensive. Thats all free here. Thank the goverment for the NHS .

It's a matter of priorities really. An easy life or a happy life. Life has to have a little bit of challenge in order to truly be fulfilling anyway.
    Heit ist mein taug.

To each his own Zekk. I can be challenged in more important things than money.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I am having trouble taking anything seriously from this Zekk guy after reading his 3some story...hahahaha.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ok, what about when you have kids? And a mortgage? College is going to cost about $100K/year in 18 years for a private school, not including all the costs within the next 18 years.
    You are a chump if you pay for your kids to go to college. My dad is a doctor and he hasn't given me more than $300 in the last 10 years, college included.

All you do is teach your children that they don't have to earn what they want in life - Daddy is there to pay for it for them.

God I hate kids exactly like that at my school. Jobless. Carless. 22-23 years old still living at home. Haven't grown up one bit since high school. I can't wait until they go out into the Real World and get fired or can't make rent and are back at mommy and daddy at the age of 26. Good times.

RSK anyone...?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Tone Guest
    Yes, because we all know Cybog was never young and naive. Soon as he turned 11 he was on his own cause who needs mommy and daddy right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast