+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for advice - not attracted to my girlfriend anymore

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I felt sick about this post for a minute, there's too many similarities between my fiance and I.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I felt sick about this post for a minute, there's too many similarities between my fiance and I.
    blue, i am sure we can all get over it. relationships become stale after a while. go out, get new hobbies together, make new friends. there are so many exciting opportunities to revive an old relationship. but never lose a good friend. when you are old and have no interest in sex, all you need is a friend. how old are you?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    blue, i am sure we can all get over it. relationships become stale after a while. go out, get new hobbies together, make new friends. there are so many exciting opportunities to revive an old relationship. but never lose a good friend. when you are old and have no interest in sex, all you need is a friend. how old are you?

Yeah but if it is stale after 11 months then I don't think you will be making it to your 10 year anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    What???

He's not physically attracted to you Blue? (Or you are to him)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Yeah but if it is stale after 11 months then I don't think you will be making it to your 10 year anniversary.
    you must be really young Dase, that's how most marriages and relationships survive.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

you must be really young Dase, that's how most marriages and relationships survive.
    Can you elaborate please? And may I ask how old are you?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Can you elaborate please? And may I ask how old are you?
    i am 30, and most of my girlfriends do find that their relationships have lost the passion after a certain amount of time. it's all specific of course and depends on a couple. there's still love and respect and caring, and they do put the extra effort to spice up their lives by traveling, camping, going to nightclubs. trying new things in general.

I'm 34 years old Indignant..and you are???? I'm sorry if you feel that you will settle for someone you aren't initially attracted to but I sure as sh*t want to be attracted my partner and I AM.

I'm 34 years old Indignant..and you are???? I'm sorry if you feel that you will settle for someone you aren't initially attracted to but I sure as sh*t want to be attracted my partner and I AM.
    once again, you are a female. men look differently at those things. who knows if your partner feels the same about you.

Ditto.

I don't know how these people who lost the attraction do it. It would become a friendship or something to me. I don't lose the passion. It's there in some way.

Ha, even my crazy ex is still attractive to me.

once again, you are a female. men look differently at those things. who knows if your partner feels the same about you.
    My partner is mad crazy about me. I just know. He tells me and he shows it.

Are you telling me that you don't know?

What kind of relationship are these people in??
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

how long have you been together?

So first you try to attack me saying I'm young when really I am older than you...then you try to say my partner doesn't find me attractive...yeah way to go.

I'm with Lesa..my partner is head over heels in love with me. I think he is hot and he tells me constantly that he finds me sexy, attractive, hot etc

Sure relationships change over time but that is usually YEARS into a relationship or marriage. Not in the first 11 months of a relationship (which is what we are discussing in this thread). That is considered the honeymoon period when most couples find one another irresistible.

But then again..you're 30 years old so you would know all about that now wouldn't you?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    What???

He's not physically attracted to you Blue? (Or you are to him)
    Not that I know of. It was just the whole thing about both of them being 28, and her being formerly married and a bit insecure due to her ex's past behaviours......sounds a lot like our situation. For all intents and purposes, I fully believe my fiance is attracted to me. I was just thinking, wow wouldn't this be a bitch of a way to find out that he wasn't. Lol.

To the original poster......why is it you aren't attracted to her? Is she a generally unattractive person? Not your usual type? How serious is your relationship at this point?
    Last edited by bluesummer; 26-11-08 at 02:49 PM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

^^ Blue I don't think you need to worry. I have seen your pics. He will be attracted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    IMO, if you're already off her and it's not even a year, there's trouble on the horizon. It sounds like you're in like with her. That's not enough to carry a relationship, even if you didn't have the problems regarding her ex.

Some people are pretty blah about sex to begin with and they don't really need a strong physical attraction to keep them together, but if you were one of those, you'd be posting about the other stuff first. You are clearly someone who holds physical attraction to be important. I do too. It's crucial to me. If I wasn't mad hot for my husband, we would never have made it this far.

So, what is it that IS keeping you together? Is that enough to last for the long haul? If not, why are you prolonging the inevitable?
    not so thinly veiled brag...

i personally think it's a communication issue, and i think someone can actually become more phsyically attractive (or at least turn you on more) as your communication becomes more clear and you connect on a deeper level. I think you need to tell her how much it bothers you when she compares you to her ex-husband, but also understand, it's hard for her not to, and try to be forgiving of that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12