+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water, Water Everywhere And Not

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    Agreed. Cute smart. I'm not interested in gym nuts.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chump4u View Post
    Doesn't work for a fellow in the long run, Vashti.
    Actually, it does. Speaking from personal experience.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, it does. Speaking from personal experience.
    Hmmmmm...

And you think that I was speaking from chopped liver?

(Damn!...)
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had three guys who were either my tutors or TAs who I liked enough to date. I'm partial to clever guys, mind.

(your damn is cute, btw)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Tutoring would have worked for me too!
    The kind of girl youd find using MVP's instructions are the kindve girls that spend two hours in front of a mirror doing their hair.

so its a matter of, do you want a hot brain-dead girl or a cute smart girl

***Hits Boo Button***
    This is kind of prejudiced, and stupid. There are plenty of attractive women who go to the gym and are intelligent, to assume that working out indicates you are brain-dead just tells me there is some underlying bitterness you're working up. Women do not get excited over studying, and it doesn't make them more attracted to you, unless you're just a good looking guy, with little game, but you're making yourself available to the girl and she decides, what the hell.

90% of the time when women say they want a guy who is 'sweet' or 'smart,' they mean a good-looking guy who is sweet or smart, and pretty succesful. If you lack the other qualities, being sweet, overly available, and intelligent are just going to make you easier for people to use.

Tutoring women comes across as pathetic for most. Its a very obvious come on, and women don't automatically get attracted to men for being smart. There are plenty of brilliant nerdy men who cannot get any tail out there, even with the "cute smart women," because cute smart women have options, more options than the guy who goes around tutoring all day.

If tutoring is the only game in town for you, then go for it. But there are much more intelligent ways to connect with people and build your social circles. You'll find you'll meet more women and have more options if you build an active social life for yourself and have things to do, than you would if you tried to become everyone's 'study buddy.'
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 07-10-09 at 07:47 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    Its a very obvious come on, and women don't automatically get attracted to men for being smart.
    I wish someone had told me this BEFORE I developed my abnormal attraction to intelligent men then, because I'll be damned if I haven't gotten the biggest crushes of my life on average-looking guys who were BRILLIANT.

But of course you are right - they weren't just smart. They were smart about stuff I cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I wish someone had told me this BEFORE I developed my abnormal attraction to intelligent men then, because I'll be damned if I haven't gotten the biggest crushes of my life on average-looking guys who were BRILLIANT.

But of course you are right - they weren't just smart. They were smart about stuff I cared about.
    Right. And being smart about tomorrow's O Chem assignment is not a turn-on for women. Being good at schoolwork does not attract women, if your goal is to 'tutor' girls you need to find something else to get them interested in you.

Plus, at my alma mater, being smart in class did not set you apart from anyone around you. It just meant you were trying to show it off more.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm very familair with your alma mater, and I happen to have first-hand knowledge of a student who would be VERY turned on by a chem tutor right about now!

But eh - to each their own.

My big crushes were Shakespeare buffs.

Oh how romantic; I mean cliche.

Being a Shakespeare buff equates to brilliance? Funny, I thought of more than one compelling argument that would state just the opposite. lol

Vashti, would you say you can relate to the character Emma Bovary well? No I'm not a big Gustav Flaubert fan let alone "buff" so put your giant internet tits away already and go complain to the girl with the turkey avatar about the trials and tribulations of having big internet boobs and what not. lol

Now let's wait for the woman to d'ost protest to much.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Right. And being smart about tomorrow's O Chem assignment is not a turn-on for women. Being good at schoolwork does not attract women, if your goal is to 'tutor' girls you need to find something else to get them interested in you.
    Well, I agree with this^. The tutor/TAs I liked were more than 'just smart', once I got to know them. But that was the hook that gave them a chance.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, I agree with this^. The tutor/TAs I liked were more than 'just smart', once I got to know them. But that was the hook that gave them a chance.
    If a random grad student offered to tutor you, how would you perceive this?

I ask you this because this is Wallace's question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Stevens View Post
    Whenever I walk around the undergraduate campus, I see many attractive women, but I don't know how to initiate contact with them. I anticipate some advice about joining undergraduate clubs or looking for mixers, but my chances seem limited.

What would you do?
    If Wallace doesn't know how to approach women, randomly offering to tutor is going to look absolutely ridiculous, and if he just signs up as tutor for his college, he has no control over who his clients are. Its not like signing yourself up for a tutor means you get to pick the hot ones.

Wallace, if this is what you're asking: "I don't know how to initiate contact with them. I anticipate some advice about joining undergraduate clubs or looking for mixers, but my chances seem limited.

What would you do?"

Then do what I told you: join the gym, go to sporting events, join one of the cool student clubs - ask around, at Cal it was the Ski & Snowboard Club since they had the best parties, it differs at every campus - maybe even consider joining a frat, I've known 5 grad students who've pledged and they enjoyed their experiences. At the end of the day, if you want to meet women, offering to tutor them is not only not the right way to go about it, but you're going to waste a lot of time and effort and you're going to see that you got very little for it in return. Do something that adds something to your life and meet people along the way, don't just give away your talents in hopes that someone might find you attractive along the run, not only is it desperate but it is not fair to yourself.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 08-10-09 at 03:54 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm very familair with your alma mater, and I happen to have first-hand knowledge of a student who would be VERY turned on by a chem tutor right about now!

But eh - to each their own.

My big crushes were Shakespeare buffs.
    I have choices, and between meeting a cute girl at the gym or a cafe, or spending an hour explaining nuclear molecular resonance, I'm probably going to pick the former every single time. ;-)
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have choices, and between meeting a cute girl at the gym or a cafe, or spending an hour explaining nuclear molecular resonance, I'm probably going to pick the former every single time. ;-)
    Well of course, YOU probably have a choice!

Hey - speakerspoke: are you posting while drunk? Because I'm pretty sure I've never referred to my "big internet boobs", nor did I say that knowing Shakespeare makes one brilliant.

This is kind of prejudiced, and stupid. There are plenty of attractive women who go to the gym and are intelligent, to assume that working out indicates you are brain-dead just tells me there is some underlying bitterness you're working up. Women do not get excited over studying, and it doesn't make them more attracted to you, unless you're just a good looking guy, with little game, but you're making yourself available to the girl and she decides, what the hell.

90% of the time when women say they want a guy who is 'sweet' or 'smart,' they mean a good-looking guy who is sweet or smart, and pretty succesful. If you lack the other qualities, being sweet, overly available, and intelligent are just going to make you easier for people to use.

Tutoring women comes across as pathetic for most. Its a very obvious come on, and women don't automatically get attracted to men for being smart. There are plenty of brilliant nerdy men who cannot get any tail out there, even with the "cute smart women," because cute smart women have options, more options than the guy who goes around tutoring all day.

If tutoring is the only game in town for you, then go for it. But there are much more intelligent ways to connect with people and build your social circles. You'll find you'll meet more women and have more options if you build an active social life for yourself and have things to do, than you would if you tried to become everyone's 'study buddy.'
    Theres nothing wrong with meeting people at a gym, especially if you're health conscious but pairing that with :

1) Join a gym.
    2) Make friends with someone in a frat, start hanging out there.
    3) Go to house parties / frat parties
    4) Go to football games, great place to meet women

makes it sound like joining a gym is strictly to try to get more buff to attract girls for shallow reasons. and unless frat parties change drastically between states then all the guys Ive ever seen at frat parties were drunk off their asses and didnt know where they were going in life while the girls were drunk grinding up against some strangers leg. Great to go to for one night stands but to find someone for a relationship? not my kind of guys. And at football games is a great idea for you because you love football and theres cute girls that cheer players on that also love football, but if you dont like football why would you want to date a football fanatic? Its different for guys I guess because if girls like football they dont put it on the top of their priorities like some sport fanatics do. The last one is completely my opinion, I dont think its bad advice for guys to meet girls it just wouldnt work out for me.

I must be the only girl turned on by brains, I could give a damn what you look like. If you can outwit me, beat me in a mathlete competition or partner up with me for a science olympiad event Im yours. And I dont consider myself to be a dog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12