+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying that she's single when she's not

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ouch! Well, I guess it is better to know. At least now, you could move on. Maybe next time you want to be exclusive, you should say so a little sooner?
    I don't think that would change anything, vashti. She clearly wasn't into him.

Look at it from your perspective. Would you do this to a guy that you were truly interested in long-term? Forget the word "exclusive". It's just a word. Locking her down wouldn't have done anything to make the relationship better.

He's better off this way. Much better off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I agree in part, but I was addressing more his assumption that they were exclusive. Had he brought it up sooner, he would have found out how shaky the ground was upon which he was standing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    oooooo you were too fast!

anyway, i don't know. if it were me, and i were single and just dating around and having fun, nothing serious... i would be telling that person that that is what i'm doing. it would be one of the first things out of my mouth.

::::don't get attached to me, i am unavailable. if you want to have fun too, then awesome, if not, i will be running away fast as i can::::

that's the general message.
    I would agree.It's only right (to me) to make it known that you are dating around and not looking for anything exclusive from the start.It's only fair, the other person may be looking for something exclusive, so I always make sure it is known from the start if I am not interested in that.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure that either position should be mutually exclusive. You tell other people youaren't interested in a serious relationship as a matter of courtesy, so they can protect themselves. If you want a serious relationship, though, you would be stupid to assume you have one without explicitly discussing it. You have to protect yourself.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah, I agree in part, but I was addressing more his assumption that they were exclusive. Had he brought it up sooner, he would have found out how shaky the ground was upon which he was standing.
    That's fair, but I think the responses to what he was doing should've done that for him as well. He just chose to ignore them.

italian shit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12