+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to find out if she's single...

How to find out if she's single...

There's this girl in one of my classes who really seems to like me. She says hi to me everyday when I walk by and sometimes tries to chat with me when she sees me. I think maybe I have a chance with her.

The thing is, I don't know if she's single or not and I'd really like to find out.
    What would be the best way of finding out if she's single?

I'd like to find out before I ask her out because I don't want to get caught in an awkward situation if she's seeing someone.

Well, I'm guessing she is single, since she likes you. She might just be being polite or something. I dunno. I would just go up to her and ask her if she is going out with anyone, then ask her out... simple!

ask her during one of your chats "so...hows your boyfriend doing?".
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Lol, very sly.

Yeah, that's really subtle.

No, seriously how can I find out? If I just outright ask her if she's seeing anyone, that might be too forward and it might scare her away. Do you think I should just ask her out and hope for the best? Because I really don't know what else to do at this point. I don't think there's really a subtle way of asking something like this.

yeah if you thinkyou have a chance ask her to do something. could always invite her out with a group of friends so its not an actual date

yeah if you thinkyou have a chance ask her to do something. could always invite her out with a group of friends so its not an actual date
    That would be a good idea, except we don't really have any mutual friends between us that we hang out with regularly. We're kind of just casual friends right now, but I want us to be something more, which is why I don't really want to go out in a group.

I'd much rather go out one on one with her and make sure she knows it's a date, because that's what I want it to be. I just don't know how to get things to that point.

I don't want to come on too strong either, because that tends to scare them away.

I dont see the problem with just saying "Are you seeing anyone?"

Course a lot of girls end up flipping out and feeling weird when they see the guy who asks them..I personally do not because its not a big deal really... but some girls do. So maybe not like that... nah do what OV said.
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Watson
    Im serious. You don't need to be subtle. Your making a bigger deal out of this then it really is. Believe me..the worst you can get is "oh, hes fine". Also you said your-self that she seems interested in you so whats wrong with showing her that you are interested as well?

The hell with it. I'm just going to ask her out point-blank. You're right, OV. This subtle stuff is crap. By asking her out, I'm showing interest and I'll find out if she's single at the same time. Asking her out would answer all my questions once and for all. So that's what I'm going to do. Now if I could just come up with something better than a movie date, I'd be all set. If anybody has any ideas, feel free to chime in, but the movie date is one of the few good things I can think of.

The hell with it. I'm just going to ask her out point-blank. You're right, OV. This subtle stuff is crap. By asking her out, I'm showing interest and I'll find out if she's single at the same time. Asking her out would answer all my questions once and for all. So that's what I'm going to do. Now if I could just come up with something better than a movie date, I'd be all set. If anybody has any ideas, feel free to chime in, but the movie date is one of the few good things I can think of.
    Good for you..I wish I had the nerve to do something like that in highschool but I was a wimp. A movie date could be fine as long as its a good movie..crappy movies suck because they are crappy lol. Can you ask her what she enjoys and likes and then work of that?..just a thought.

No, seriously how can I find out? If I just outright ask her if she's seeing anyone, that might be too forward and it might scare her away. Do you think I should just ask her out and hope for the best? Because I really don't know what else to do at this point. I don't think there's really a subtle way of asking something like this.
    Ov had a decent point that you might want to actually consider...

If the question "hows your boyfriend doing" doesn't work for you then why not try to change it up a bit to something different?

Eg: She looks at you giving you that curiously flirtacious look, you say to her "Would your boyfriend appreciate you giving me that look?" with a GRIN to let her know your sort of kidding. 9.9 out of 10 the first words out of her mouth will be "I don't have a b/f" if she doesn't have one. If she says something like what look? You will have a bit more of a challenge on your hands, but since you initiated a conversation it is a start.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

someone said this to me once and i kinda liked it...

"you are so pretty you MUST have a boyfriend.?"

i don't think those were his exact words but something along those lines.

Oooooh ya thats the most common one for the 40 year old rednecks around here. lol... they say it more like "My God girl you one good lookin lady, wheres ya boyfriend at hunny?" lol... so sad..
    They would do it all the time when I worked at the grocery store lol
    ~Sarah~

King Zarathu Guest
    in a sarcastic tone: "wow you're sooooo pretty who's ur boyfriend i'm gonna go kick his ass"

but then again joe--that's just my sick, ****ed up mind speaking.

agreed: ask her out. if she doesn't say yes, resort to plan B:

rape her ass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast