+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cell phones...

Don't feel too bad babe, I just finally got a phone less than a year ago. Personally, the only reason it get's used is for work, the ball and chain, and the free long distance. I have something like 1100 minutes a month or so, and probably use about 400. My woman and I can call each other for no charge, so the rest never runs out. I've never even come close to racking up all my minutes.

I'm glad I have one now. Just sucks if your phone breaks/messes up and the company can't restore your numbers, like they just did to mine a few weeks ago.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Tone Guest
    Cingular here.

hey misombra.. i used to have a cellphone with camera.. but doesn't work anymore. you can still send pictures to people without cameras if they have one of those multimedia packages..

but you can send me text messages. it'll be like im-ing.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Friend of mine recently opened up a store called Wireless Toyz. It's pretty amazing. It houses every cellular carrier under one roof. You can get upgrades, contracts, plans, phones, accessories, whatever you want for any phone and any cellular company. It's a pretty cool place, and only 2 doors down from where I work.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    hey misombra.. i used to have a cellphone with camera.. but doesn't work anymore. you can still send pictures to people without cameras if they have one of those multimedia packages..

but you can send me text messages. it'll be like im-ing.
    send me your ###

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    Friend of mine recently opened up a store called Wireless Toyz. It's pretty amazing. It houses every cellular carrier under one roof. You can get upgrades, contracts, plans, phones, accessories, whatever you want for any phone and any cellular company. It's a pretty cool place, and only 2 doors down from where I work.
    that's the kind of place i got my phone from. i forget what it's called though.

Sombra, No wonder I saw you on yahoo messenger with just the little cell phone icon.. Anyway, I'm with Alltel, apparently not too many people even know them. I have a camara phone too, I like it because any time there's a photo-op I'll always have a camara handy. But really, cellphones are getting too fancy. I think they're so handy to get in touch with people, but there are cons, too. We EXPECT to get a hold of anyone any time now and we get pissed off if we don't, ha ha.. "Why the HELL doesn't s/he answer the cell phone?" But it makes it so easy to communicate and bridge large distances, like in Vegas, Illusional and I were able to meet up very easily..something that would not be possible had we not had cell phones.

Which reminds me, Cybog, PM me your number if it's cool to meet you in San Diego..and Jane, as well, if you're reading this..and NLB, and Tooxshort in San Fran, and bluesummer in Vancouver.

It's getting to be about that time, so talk to me guys..

hey nomas send me your ###. also when will you be in california. arty and i are planning a road trip labor day weekend. i'm thinking we'll go l.a. because i have an aunt there i'd like to visit.

yeppy! it's going to be awesome! i'm counting down the days.
    "Ogres are like onions."

we might have to find a hotel for a couple of nights. but if we can't find one we can just drive to mexico, i'm sure there'll be an empty room there.

wow! this sounds better and better. driving to mexico. do you think we'll be able to cover that much grounds in the two, three days?
    "Ogres are like onions."

so.. i'm thinking i can leave boston on friday in the morning or leave on thursday afternoon and get to nm late, late, late..

but that would give me a whole friday, so that when you get out of work, (if you're working that day), we can hop right to it.

rental car, i'm under 25 so if you want to rent the car, i can book the hotel room.. but all the details to work out..
    "Ogres are like onions."

sombra, the number is in your PM box...and I'm looking to be in Cali as per the following tentative schedule:

Sept.4: Cruces to Phoenix with a stop a Tucson..

Sept. 5th: drive to Puerto Peņazco (Rocky Pt) Hang out there.

Sept. 6th: San Diego..maybe meet with the SD LFers.

Sept 7 or 8th, L.A...I know people there. Then keep heading north after that..

When are you guys going to be around that area??

we'll be gone from that area by then. can't you go a little earlier? say, labor day weekend?

That kind of IS laborday weekend..I'll be on the road, though..not there yet. Exactly how are you plans? Call me tonight and let me know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast