+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just a bit confused here.. can boys use phones?

Just a bit confused here.. can boys use phones?

I'm definitely frustrated right now... Long story short, there's a guy I really like and I don't just really like anyone. We interacted a little and he asked for my number not this past week, but the one before. He said, and I quote, "I've got something going on this weekend, but I'll give you a call the weekend after that and we'll hang out." He made a point to stop me before I left so he was sure to get my number. He's definitely indicated that he's interested - yet I got no phone call. And I haven't seen him this whole past week. What does that mean? Is he not interested anymore? Is he nervous to call? Is he playing games? I don't know... I'm just really annoyed because I'm having feelings for this boy that I haven't felt in a while. I'll probably see him briefly on Tuesday... I'm just going to play it cool and not say anything about him not calling. Is there any way to indicate that I want him to call me? I'm not quite sure that he knows I'm interested. I'm trying really hard not to let this get to me - any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dont not say anything about not calling. Playfully taunt him about it. Maybe he was really busy or something. He also may forget if you don't bring it up, which may leave you thinking he is just not interested when he is fact forgetful.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Never sit by the phone and wait for the guy to call. Many things could happen. Maybe he forgot or he got really busy. Until you see him again or he phones you, just move on with your life.

I agree with ratfish, taunt him about it, make it fun. Normally I don't like to generalize, but guys have a tendency to be forgetful anyways.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

No, we are forgetful... where the hell did I put my keys.

first i must say that yes, we're very forgetful ....
    About your problem, well you didn't see that guy in the whole week, do you use to see him everyday ? Because if you use to see him everyday, and it's been a week and you didn't see him, maybe something happen to that guy. Or he's afraid that he calls you and you say NO to him. Other thing did you show him explicitly that you have feelings for him ? Because men don't get indirect hints, and there'sa few cases, that even direct hints
    Anyway, like fawn said, "move on with your life"

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrattos
    About your problem, well you didn't see that guy in the whole week, do you use to see him everyday ? Because if you use to see him everyday, and it's been a week and you didn't see him, maybe something happen to that guy. Or he's afraid that he calls you and you say NO to him. Other thing did you show him explicitly that you have feelings for him ? Because men don't get indirect hints, and there'sa few cases, that even direct hints
    Well, it's kind of confusing. I used to see him everyday or at least a few times a week because we went to the same school. He started his program toward the very end of mine, so we had like a week of seeing each other every day before I graduated. I came in for friends' graduations after mine and saw him that way. However, no one was graduating last week, so I didn't go in at all - thus, I haven't seen him. I have a friend graduating Tuesday, which is how I'll hopefully run into him then. I just have to hope that he won't be busy.

To answer your other question, I'm not quite sure he knows I'm interested. I do usually make an effort to talk to him, but I don't know that it's indicated I have feelings for him. I've flirted a little, but you're right - men can be blind to that.

Another thing I was thinking about - do guys get intimidated easily? I guess I could see some ways from his point of view that he may be intimidated to call. I guess I'm just trying to figure out a way to hint that I'm interested without saying it flat out.

Thanks everyone for responding. You have been very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by chickadee

Another thing I was thinking about - do guys get intimidated easily? I guess I could see some ways from his point of view that he may be intimidated to call. I guess I'm just trying to figure out a way to hint that I'm interested without saying it flat out.
    I don't know about other guys but I get intimidated pretty easily. Especially if all I have to go on is hints. Try to flat out say "I want you to call me" that should work. Honestly just say that you are interested. The worst thing that could happen is that he isnt. And in that case you wont be wasting days trying to figure out why.

^^ True. I just find it so hard to be that upfront. Maybe I should say something like, "so when are we gonna hang out?" I don't know, I guess I just need to see how he acts when I see him. Now I'm all nervous that he's not interested anymore.

Yeah, we're definitely forgetful. He no doubt meant to call you – after all he did put in the effort to check your number.

He’s probably embarrassed and doesn’t know what to say to you after leaving the call so long.

True … where are my keys