+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a theme for movie club 5

Okay .. when it is time I'll just run a quick poll vote in this part of the forum.. if anyone disagrees please vocalize in here, thank you.

So we also have a suggestion by pcmaster for : Fantasy and a second vote on that from breathe123. So two.
    Directors has one but was Exeter's first choice in that large thread so he might second it too?
    Sports also has two.
    Horror has three votes? But combined with B/W horror has three. Confused. haha
    Black and white has two.

Looks so far Horror is the most popular with some of us liking idea of black and white horror as well. But if horror is picked then it can be totally up to the poster if they want black and white or not horror movies what ever you yourself want to watch and review the most.

Everyone can like more than one genre, some have already and I'll just combine each you like to genres to decide most popular.

Frankly, I am digging all of our suggestions, so I don't mind which theme we pick. I've already voted for horror, though. One, because I LOVE horror. Two, because, again, it will be season appropriate since we will probably get around to watching/reviewing for this round near Mid-September or early October.

I'm just having a tough time thinking of what I would suggest for horror. I love horror, so it is a little hard for me to think of whether certain horror movies I enjoy might appeal to a wider audience, or maybe just appeal to me because I love horror.

Looks like horror or b&w horror will win the theme so here are my movie choices case I miss the poll going up with our movies.
    B&W horror ~ The Birds
    Regular horror ~ The Babadook
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

i'd give that older director movie theme another vote, along with a vote for pc's fantasy theme.

if horror is the final decision i'll pick - the thing (1982) directed by john carpenter as my horror movie then.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

If we do pick horror, my movie would be The Human Centipede.

....No I'm completely kidding. LOL! Actually, I've not seen that. Just based on the premise, that one does not appeal to me. I may love horror.... but even I have my limits of what I enjoy and what I think is just tasteless for the sake of being tasteless. LOL!

I will wait to make an actual choice of movie until we do decide on the final theme we will be using.

I would go with the horror, directors or fantasy themes, dollhouse.

My horror movie will be - Carrie. Since in calculating that has the most likes so far, if I read the thread correctly. Hope I didn't hold this up?

No, no... you didn't hold anything up, meg's reviewing thread just ended its month( I believe) that is time you give each review? So no hold up.

I am confused haha so is Horror the winner.... I am not sure if topaz said she'd vote for each of those or was saying she liked those themes to do a movie review on but she chose horror as her theme choice? ...Because she just gave a horror movie name.

If she chose horror then the theme will be horror ... anyone else want to count and weigh in on this, that is not as confused as me haha

If that is the case, breathe123, Exeter19 and topazlight already gave their movies for the theme in here.

I need to look at lists of horror movies and see which I would want to pick myself, I'd prefer a black and white one to join two themes together.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha watching trailers to some old black and white horror movies haha Black Sunday for starters...

- - - Updated - - -

The Innocents looks good though...

- - - Updated - - -

As does The Haunting... last two are more gothic style of horror not bloody... and then there is the top one Psycho. I'll think on it until everyone else suggests theirs.

If horror is our clear winner would [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION], [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION], [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] give their movie choices for the theme.. pretty please and thanks.

Got a few minutes but can give you the movie and come back next week and will have more time to read and post -- so it's horror?

The Fly

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091064/
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I tend to be a bigger fan of modern horror, so I may not pick a black and white movie. But, again, like I said, I may have to abstain from making a specific movie suggestion at all. Horror is kind of my thing, so it is difficult for me to think of movies that I am sure would have a good chance of appealing to the group as a whole. I tend to love horror movies of all kinds, so sometimes it is difficult for me to tell if I love it because it is a good horror movie that others may enjoy, or if I love it just because I love horror. LOL!

I'll ponder upon it, though, and see if I can come up with something I'm confident enough would be a good suggestion.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] ~ Topazlight said we could suggest two movies if we wanted :]

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] ~ think only myself & dollhouse are giving b&w movie horror movies. Topaz, Exeter & Jffs gave reg ones. I'd watch an obscure horror movie, I only don't like Saw movies but I'll watch most anything & probably most of us would like to watch a movie we don't know yet.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Okay -- cool. My other one can be Pumpkinhead.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I just looked that one up, Jffs24 ~ it looks good & weird.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I'll list the movies people have suggested so others who haven't yet given theirs know what has been taken already...

Dollhouse... I'm picking The Haunting ( a black and white Gothic styled movie )

Breathe123 ... The Birds ( a black and white movie )
    The Babadook

Exeter19 ... The Thing

Topazlight ... Carrie

Jffs24 ... The Fly
    Pumpkinhead

Funny how so many have the word The starting the movie... Just noticed that when typing those out.

So now megvoh, pcmaster and TheEvilJester can see what has been suggested already. [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] pick a movie you like, don't worry about pleasing rest of us and doesn't need to be black and white, that is just if some would like to combine themes not something we all need to follow....I will watch the weirdest grossest horror movie..I don't care whatever the movie I am eager to watch and review.
    Last edited by dollhouse; 27-08-16 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    I'd watch an obscure horror movie, I only don't like Saw movies but I'll watch most anything & probably most of us would like to watch a movie we don't know yet.

For my pick, I'd like to suggest all the Saw movies. Just the entire series. LOL! I'm kidding. I love those movies, but they would definitely not be my suggestion for this. They really are NOT for everybody.

As it is, though, inspiration hit me and I thought of one I actually DO think could have wider appeal. Funny enough, it has the same actor as my suggestion from a previous round. My suggestion is 1408.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Funny how so many have the word The starting the movie... Just noticed that when typing those out.
    Let's just make an executive decision and say they all do. So, now it's "The Carrie," "The Pumpkinhead," and "The 1408." LOL!

I'll list the movies people have suggested so others who haven't yet given theirs know what has been taken already...

Dollhouse... I'm picking The Haunting ( a black and white Gothic styled movie )

Breathe123 ... The Birds ( a black and white movie )
    The Babadook

Exeter19 ... The Thing

Topazlight ... Carrie

Jffs24 ... The Fly
    Pumpkinhead

TheEvilJester ... 1408

Thank you, TEJ ...I added your movie... so we are only waiting on megvoh's and pcmaster's movies... haven't seen either online lately though so I'll send them both PMs if they do not post before this Friday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast