+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please, help a rookie

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, probably not 200. A few though, yes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The competition will be great. OP, you'd better have a hot car, a damned nice job and muscles. If so, you might get a date or two and then friendzone'd so she can use you. Be wary of beautiful women.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are so bitter, lol. There are nice, beautiful women looking for nice men. Of course, most have had to run the asshole gauntlet first to realize that's what they really need. The converse is true for guys too. So many men run through the beautiful, unstable bubble-heads before they decide to connect with a lovely, low-drama, responsible woman.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You are so bitter, lol. There are nice, beautiful women looking for nice men. Of course, most have had to run the asshole gauntlet first to realize that's what they really need. The converse is true for guys too. So many men run through the beautiful, unstable bubble-heads before they decide to connect with a lovely, low-drama, responsible woman.
    Those guys you mentioned are so lucky; they're attractive enough to get the hot babes and then later on meet quality women for wives. Meanwhile, we underweight Hobbits have to await the advent of cyborgs that look like hot celebrities.

And as for those beautiful women, they first have the fun and then settle for a commoner who they cheat on because marrying for security is boring.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    They first have the fun and then settle for a commoner who they cheat on because marrying for security is boring.
    LOL! Is it? I don't think 'marriage + security' need = boring (tho it certainly can be). What's up with your parents, LR?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Neither do I but based on what I've seen, this is one reason the divorce rate is so high among beautiful women and commoner men.

Oh, they never loved each other; my mom was the typical white teen girl trying to get back at daddy by sleeping with a foreigner. And so I was born. Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by KewlStoryBrah View Post
    why u grass me to the canuck feds bro? not cool
    I wouldn't use the word "grass" in the same sentence and especially within earshot of a "canuck": I hear they kill for "grass."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If we just made pot legal, so many problems would go away.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    If we just made pot legal, so many problems would go away.
    I don't care what you Canadians do: you True Northerners are responsible and fine folk (except B.C. and Montréal).

But I want pot to stay illegal here out of spite for stupid college kids; their happiness makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I don't care what you Canadians do: you True Northerners are responsible and fine folk (except B.C. and Montréal).

But I want pot to stay illegal here out of spite for stupid college kids; their happiness makes me angry.
    Us British Columbians are just mis-understood....
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Actually, it's quite true; many assume that B.C. is only Vancouver. That is, the few 'Murricans that know of B.C. (most 'Murricans don't even know where it is).

As requested, 21 messages have been deleted from this thread. Anything not relevant to anything is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by thebloodycoon View Post
    Hi, as the title says - I consider myself a rookie, or a beginner, but only when it comes to internet flirting etc... If you put me in a room with a woman, I will definitely know what to say or do, but if you give me a keyboard and a chat window - I may start writing stuff that is not usually well understood by chatting. Also, I don't like not seeing the other person's reaction to what I say.

Nevertheless, I approached this beautiful young lady in the way described, i.e. I sent her a friend request on Facebook with a proprietary message in which I explained that even though I don't know her and have never seen her in my life, Facebook suggested her in the 'People you may know' list, that I clicked on her profile and couldn't help noticing how beautiful she was and I simply wanted to add her, and that I hope that she'll accept my invitation, so that maybe sometimes we can arrange to meet for a coffee or something and we can get to know each other.

I did that because I didn't seem to find another way for me to approach her, except maybe asking people where she goes on weekends, who she hangs out with etc... but I thought that was a little over the line, and I thought I should try this method.

So, she accepted my invitation but did not reply anything to my message.

I thought that maybe she jut did not know what to reply.

Now, I am not really sure if I should write her again, and if I do - I don't know what to write - should I invite her to a date, or maybe not call it a date - ask her to go out and have a coffee sometimes, or ask her to some theatre play, or a movie in a cinema...

Would it be a little too straightforward and direct, since we don't know each other and have never met in person, should I suggest that we bring a friend or two with us and have some group going out...

Or should I just write something that sounds like small talk for beginning, e.g. how are you, do you know me since we're from the same (small) town...?

Also, she's using facebook on a mobile device, so I cannot see if she's online to chat or not, and I need to send her a message.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't know what to do and this girl is also smart, funny and successful, beside being gorgeous(from what I heard about her). Also, I believe she's single

Thanks a lot, kind regards
    Facebook unfortunately isn't a method for online dating. If she isn't responding to you she might be creeped out. If you MUST try online, I recommend a free site like PoF, you'll get to review the most profiles and people are there for the same reason you are.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

thebloodycoon Guest
    I think I knew I should not write again, otherwise it may seem a little weird and/or desperate. I advise my friends to try and not come across as desperate all the time, but I guess when it comes to myself - my mind is not clear. Thanks for clearing that for me.

I mentioned that this girl is beautiful - but she's not one of those that are up in the clouds for it, she is extremely 'on the ground' about it, from what I've heard from friends of my friends, who happen to know her. Also, she's not very tall and that may have had some impact on her confidence. Maybe not. However, I wanted to stress out that she's a smart, successful and most important for this case - she's a quiet, 'down-to-earth' girl that does not need to get attention from males in order of validating her qualities to herself.

She had never dated some jerks from our town, and from what I've heard - she's looking for a serious boyfriend, but one who is successful, smart and who sees the future as she does, so that they would have a bright future together. She's definitely not in a 'bad boy' phase right now, on the contrary - she's looking for someone to have a stable relationship with.

Although I still have this little hope that maybe she's expecting a concrete invitation from me(for a particular event at a particular given time), I think that I won't do it. I have expressed my interest with the friend request AND the message clearly enough(even if the message wasn't concrete, but generic), so now it's her turn. If she is interested at least a little, what stops her from replying something to me?

If this was someone else's thread, I would give this advice to them: "You've done your thing, now stay still and see if she writes something to you. If she doesn't - it shows you that she is not interested in you.". Pretty much the same that most of you advised me. So, I will take that advice and wait to see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

btw, I wanna reply to Cerby: It's not that I go on facebook to meet girls, I just happened to like this particular one and that was the only means for me to contact her. I do not like online dating, as I said - I am old-fashioned about this stuff, I wanna go out with a girl, have a talk face-to-face and see if we have a good time or not. Thanks
    Last edited by thebloodycoon; 28-11-12 at 04:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12