+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Boyfriend CUT UP my Thighs...(long)

The only help other then that I can give her is a number to a hell of a lawyer I know. He will make sure the next person this guy tries to shank is going to be Mad Bob in cell 33 upper level.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I know I have problems (it's why I came).

But SOME (not all) of you...are moronic. Maybe I'm crazy - think what you will - but some of you are morons.

I've already explained some of the questions and doubts you've mentioned AFTER my posts explaining them. I guess I'll make this more simplistic for you.

""Is it a touchy subject with you? Did someone stab your thighs? Cause honestly the only advice is really obvious here. She should leave him and he should be thankful she doesn't press charges. That is it. ""

- Simply cutting him loose without even trying to address his problem could mean bad things for the next girl he decides to date. Maybe worse things than it meant for me. That would be selfish. And people who have feelings for one another don't just *leave* when the other has an issue or two. Maybe that's what YOU do - but not me.

""nah, we're just having fun with the troll. There is no way someone in their right mind would create an account so they can write a graphic novel about being physically assaulted. Seriously. The first thing a normal person would do is go to the police - not do a search for loveforums so they can post about it.""

-I asked any PhD's in Psychology to reveal themselves earlier. What grand wisdom gives you insight into the mind of a "normal person"? I've explained the hell out of why I don't want to call the police on him, I WON'T do it again. You think I was posting for the hell of it? Fine. I created the account because I sh*t daisies. You believe me now? Explain what a "right mind" is, too, while you're at it. Unless you have sarcasm or some other counterproductive mess to offer.

I mean...honestly. I came for help.

Thanks for not joking at me, MerryH.

someone in their right mind
    This is the important part. If true, she's not in her right mind, and it's pretty understandable that she doesn't know how to deal with a traumatic event in the most responsible way. And I don't think it's that outlandish that someone would search for a forum about relationships and make their first post about their problem.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue to argue this point. I just found it depressing that someone goes "I was attacked" and the first reactions from others are basically "You ****ing liar." or "What's wrong with you?" or "You're so stupid for being with him." It's never that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Analeigh008 View Post
    I mean...honestly. I came for help.
    It becomes harder to believe that you came here for help when you only respond to the people that are flaming you and not to the people who have offered honest advice.

Good luck, lady.

I definitely feel your boyfriend is suffering from sexual sadism, a psychosexual disorder. He must absolutely be diagnosed by a psychiatrist and seek the proper treatment. I would definitely encourage him to seek help-if he seeks help from an appropraite source well versed in psychosexual disorders, he will get the help he needs. You should not feel like you are responsible for this, unless he gets help, this will continue. Staying in this relationship and standing by while he is not under the appropriate care will only show that you are in the relationship for the wrong reasons. Loving someone does not mean stand by them while they continue to hurt you. Definitely, he needs help-you can encourage this, but it is his choice ultimately. Also understand, even if he does seek help, these problems may not immediately change, if at all. This may be something he will struggle with for the rest of his life. If you stay, and he does not get help, it is something you are accepting as sort of a learned helplessness. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Analeigh008 View Post
    - Simply cutting him loose without even trying to address his problem could mean bad things for the next girl he decides to date. Maybe worse things than it meant for me. That would be selfish. And people who have feelings for one another don't just *leave* when the other has an issue or two. Maybe that's what YOU do - but not me.
    This is really funny. You don't understand how messed up and delusional your priorities are? You have no right to call anyone here moronic when you can't even realize that you have been assaulted. Pretending that you aren't a troll, you are right after all...you should date him and be his pin cushion so no else becomes his pin cushion. I don't know where you live but where I live we have laws that put people away so they don't do that to the "next girl". I don't leave a relationship over petty issues either, you have me all wrong...how ever getting stabbed while being held down ISN'T a petty issues you stay with your lover over anyway to work out.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 19-10-10 at 01:04 PM.

I definitely see how it looks that way, and I'm sorry, but my anger button has been pushed. Multiple times.

But other than yours (MerryH) and M08Well, I haven't really seen any advice that was relevant or helpful (the rest pretty much say leave/call the police, unless I missed some). I haven't been ignoring the rest. Just angry, is all.

I didn't know there were psychiatrists who dealt specifically with things like that...if they won't just throw him in jail or take him away from his family in any way, maybe we can do that? If he'll accept, of course.

I never said with any certainty we WILL change this...I said I have to at least TRY. I hope he can at least do this ONE thing for me and go to therapy. I'll stay with him if he agrees to work on it with me.

I'll still need to discuss it with his family...which is the awkward/intimidating part. They're lovely people, but how do I explain this?...
    Last edited by Analeigh008; 19-10-10 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to add...

Okay, well I hope you the best in whatever you choose. This is insane, some women dump guys cause they lost their jobs and others stay with them even though the guy is chasing them with a knife. Bat shit crazy people.

Hey sorry, u had to go thru dis horrible ordeal. Rem dis ur body, ur scars and ur pain. And yes, most likely he will do it to somebody else and prolly much worse. Ill leave it like dat.

OP what do you expect from people when you tell them that your boyfriend the guy that is supposed to love & cherish you has physically assaulted you?? Do you exepect everyone to say, "Oh, it's OK honey, let him keep on doing it" or "Man up, you need to take care of that man cause he's too stupid to get help for his issues himself".

Seriously, OP, the people that have told you to leave him, call the police, talk to your parents/friends, people you can trust about this are really telling you for your own good. They may be going about it in a gruff manner because they want you to WAKE UP & see that this guy hurt you. Who cares if HE has these sick ass issues, you are NOT responsible for him. HE is responsible for himself & the things he does. So if he thinks he's messed up in the head & needs help then HE is the ONLY ONE that can get help. If he doesn't think what he did was bad & won't lead to something more horrible down the line, blah blah blah. What makes you think you are so special that by you trying to help him he will get the help??

NOBODY from an addict to someone with any kind of mental issues won't get help until they deep down realize they have the issues/problems & WANT HELP!! No amount of anybody family/friends/loved one's will convince them of it. So NO you "standing by your man" isn't going to help him or any potential girl down the line. All it's going to do OP is get your hurt worse or killed the longer you stay with him.

Hmm sounds like he's a sadist which isn't a mental problem and you shouldn't feel bad for him. Thats just a bunch of bs that he's telling you so you'll play his game just like a typical sadist. Also how old are you that your sneaking around behind your parents back and then how old is he? Either way wether this is fake or not if your not a masochist and your obiviously not you should just move on. Theres no way of pleasing him without you being in actual pain thats kinda the point behind it. Personally I think you're young and probably hooked up with an older guy and find the idea more appealing and exciting then it actually is.

You deserve whatever treatment you get from him from here on out.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ I agree.

If you don't leave immediately you have worse issues then you're bf the creep who by the way violated you and completely assulted you. Not to mention disrespected you, and ripped trust in half. Wow, sounds like a great, loving relationship.

your so-called 'boyfriend' is a potentional serial killer. seriously even sadists dont just go around stabbing their girlfriends/boyfriends in the body without discussing it with them, if this is really true you should get as far as possible from him, cause he WILL cut you up again, possibly even worse or even rape you.

"Leaving him isn't going to do much good except maybe for me. But what about the next girl?"
    "And what for the next girl he dates if I did just dump him and I did NOTHING knowing he isn't right, and this or something worse happens to her?"
    "Simply cutting him loose without even trying to address his problem could mean bad things for the next girl he decides to date"

Admirable but it's not YOUR problem, it's his - all you're doing right now is saying that this behaviour is somewhat acceptable and that it's forgivable. . . if you call police or some domestic abuse hotline he will get his help.

I assure you any woman who values her body and her safety will leave this guy instantly . . . I hope you break up with him and he lives a long lonely life from now on.

"I never said with any certainty we WILL change this...I said I have to at least TRY. I hope he can at least do this ONE thing for me and go to therapy. I'll stay with him if he agrees to work on it with me."

His actions was he took a blade and CUT UP YOUR THIGHS . . . not only are you staying with him after he did this, you are going to see if you can change his behaviour!? Such behavior shouldn't be happening in the first place.

-

Btw, I love the fact random people on an internet calling you a 'troll' can upset you more than this f'ed up jerk of a boyfriend . . . you should really focus on your priorities and your values.

Could you link to that other advice forum you posted your original post to?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast