+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is it taking so long to let go of my boyfriend who left me for his ex-gf?

Why is it taking so long to let go of my boyfriend who left me for his ex-gf?

My boyfriend left me for his ex-gf a little over two months ago. We have not been together for a long time, but it was not a short time either. I keep myself busy- working more, exercising, going out with friends, etc. I am a little better, but I am still hurting. I just happened to see a recent picture of them together and they look very happy. I also saw how one of his best friends wished them well. I know everyone has been telling me I was only a rebound and that should make me want to forget him quickly, yet it's quite hard to. I had genuine feelings for him. I want to stop hurting. I want to stop thinking about him. I can't seem to wish them happiness yet. How do I move on from this?

And why does he check my blog every week when I have not written anything about him?

Well, he's still curious about you and is wondering how you're doing, he did have a relationship with you after all.

I know it hurts like hell. There is not much you can do though. You're already on your way, keeping yourself busy. Make sure you're not alone, surround yourself with friends and if you can, you may not want to, but cut him out from your life, delete anything that reminds you of him, pics whatever.

Time will heal the wounds, sorry it's a cliché but there's no magic tricks to get over someone.

When you feel better you slowly start dating new guys. It will keep your mind off your ex. Although, don't involve anyone in a new relationship or as a rebound as long as you're still hurting.

Take care
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein