+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with body enhancements?

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    This sounds like Michael Jackson not wanting to be black, but White, and look at how horrible he looks now.
    He looks more like a woman and he's way too skinny for his height and body development, he should have gained some muscle or definition at least.
    Michael Jackson...Hello, Crazy!

“Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I never said I was asian, I said if i was. If it isnt a culture, then thats my mistake, but I saw it as one from my POV. That wasnt even the point of my story, I was just sayin she is asian and didnt want to look asian, she wanted to look american, which is an insult to asians.No need to act as if your mother hasnt taught you any manners. I have never disrespected anyone on this forum and I dont deserve to be told to shut up. If you disagree, thats all you had to say, not act that way. Grow up.
    I have a couple of girlfriends who are Japanese, and even they don't understand this kind of eye surgery. I think the trend started with Japanese celebrities and pop stars and spread to ordinary girls as trends usually do. Some people think it's because they want to look more Westernized, but others think it's because it makes people look younger or more "cute." It's also a popular surgery in China and Korea, from what I've read. Either way, it's a weird, creepy trend.

I think people look the most beautiful with their natural born features.
    Last edited by starbuck; 05-09-08 at 09:06 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I never said I was asian, I said if i was. If it isnt a culture, then thats my mistake, but I saw it as one from my POV.
    I never said you said you were Asian.

I was pointing out specifically that you were not, as such you needn't worry about it.

Why do black people spend lots of welfare money and credit to pay for rims and grills? It's so they can look like something they are not. Any black person that thinks they should go to school and spend their money wisely should be ashamed of turning their back on their culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I never said you said you were Asian.

I was pointing out specifically that you were not, as such you needn't worry about it.

Why do black people spend lots of welfare money and credit to pay for rims and grills? It's so they can look like something they are not. Any black person that thinks they should go to school and spend their money wisely should be ashamed of turning their back on their culture.
    So now you're saying that it is the black person's culture to be on welfare, spend money on rims and gold jewelry, and live the "ghetto" lifestyle?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Arguments aside, my perception of America is one of great diversity. So could someone please explain to me what "looking American" is?

I get that vibe that you are racist due to the fact that I hadnt insulted anyone or said anything rude about anyone but you just copped an attitude for something so stupid. I mean if you have something against black people, thats your decision. But you just stereotyped all black people, and I am black, and on the entire thing you listed as what black people do, I havent done any of them. I have had WIC, but they give you the list to buy the food for your child. So your steroetype has just been proven wrong, not ALL black people are like that. Get your head out your ass and grow up with that racist bullshit. If I never said anything about my race in previous threads or put up my picture in the beautiful woman thread you would've never known I was black. I wonder if your first post would've been the same. Not all black people are the way you portray them to be. You are a disgrace to the human race with such a mentality. I know a lot of you would get pissed if I said something racist about whites,asians,or hispanics, but I have more class than some people, like Frasbee. We're in 2008, get with the ****ing times and learn to grow up, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Arguments aside, my perception of America is one of great diversity. So could someone please explain to me what "looking American" is?
    I dont know what is "looking american", but thats what she said. She said that americans have round eyes, and she wanted eyes like an american. I'm not just sayin it for saying it sake, Im saying what the girl said.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    So now you're saying that it is the black person's culture to be on welfare, spend money on rims and gold jewelry, and live the "ghetto" lifestyle?
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Just like it's an asian's culture to be chinky eyed.

I'm sorry Frasbee...as much as I love you man, you're being a really big racist dick in this thread. Never did LadieNisha4u2nv say she was asian.

Asian's wanting to have larger more "american eyes" does not relate AT ALL to blacks trying to better their lives. I'm not even black and I'm a bit insulted with the way you've responded to this thread. Your outward appearance can't even be compared to someone trying to better their life and get out of crappy neighborhoods or giving their future family a better life than what they had.

Also why are you bringing up the fact that suddenly all blacks are on welfare and have rims and grills? Stereotyping? I know A LOT of very affluent black americans that have worked with plenty of programs to help reach out and help people like this. The reason young blacks tend to be into the whole rap, grills, and rims, and gangs is because that is the environment they are raised in. It's not their choice. You either conform or you're considered an outcast. And naturally it's always easier to conform. I'm sure you never were put in a situation that these people have been put in. I don't know if you've ever been in these types of areas or schools, but it's literally a battle everyday for these kids.

Yes there are a large majority of people in that culture that feel that being on welfare is ok, and spending money on rims and grills and other unnecessary crap is ok instead of trying to get ahead. Because they were raised to believe that this is ok.

Fras I'm very surprised with the way you've responded in this thread. You're being very aggressive and racist.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Fras I'm very surprised with the way you've responded in this thread. You're being very aggressive and racist.
    Then you're not seeing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I'm sorry Frasbee...as much as I love you man, you're being a really big racist dick in this thread. Never did LadieNisha4u2nv say she was asian.

Asian's wanting to have larger more "american eyes" does not relate AT ALL to blacks trying to better their lives. I'm not even black and I'm a bit insulted with the way you've responded to this thread. Your outward appearance can't even be compared to someone trying to better their life and get out of crappy neighborhoods or giving their future family a better life than what they had.

Also why are you bringing up the fact that suddenly all blacks are on welfare and have rims and grills? Stereotyping? I know A LOT of very affluent black americans that have worked with plenty of programs to help reach out and help people like this. The reason young blacks tend to be into the whole rap, grills, and rims, and gangs is because that is the environment they are raised in. It's not their choice. You either conform or you're considered an outcast. And naturally it's always easier to conform. I'm sure you never were put in a situation that these people have been put in. I don't know if you've ever been in these types of areas or schools, but it's literally a battle everyday for these kids.

Yes there are a large majority of people in that culture that feel that being on welfare is ok, and spending money on rims and grills and other unnecessary crap is ok instead of trying to get ahead. Because they were raised to believe that this is ok.

Gosh, I'm super relieved that this was posted, and it wasnt by a black person so anyone could say "He's just picking up for black people cuz he's black". I greatly appreciate this post 1averagejoe, because not all black people are like what is portrayed by the media, inculding myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    Depends on the circumstance and depends on the person.

I feel that if something is severely inhibiting you and your esteem then it is ok.

I also think that the prevalence of these shows showing plastic surgery on TV are giving a false reality though. For instance they make it seem like a boob job is nothing. My sister recently went in for a boob job and ended up staying in hospital for over a month. She had infections and problems with drainage. At the moment she is waiting for another surgery as she only has one breast. Just awful.
    I disagree. If the problem lies in low self-esteem then it should be cured from its roots which means changing their own perceptions. People who are desperate enough to get body enhancements to fix their so call "imperfections" will never be satisfied with their looks no matter how many plastic surgeries they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Then you're not seeing the point.
    No, I definitely see your point...and it's very narrow minded.

Because you're relating the way people live to someone's outward appearance. The two can't be related. It's two different extremes. You're comparing apples and oranges. Your comments have also been on the racist side.

So now I ask you. Do you get my point?

I honestly feel you owe LadieNisha4u2nv an appology. The things you mentioned in this thread were racist. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    I disagree. If the problem lies in low self-esteem then it should be cured from its roots which means changing their own perceptions. People who are desperate enough to get body enhancements to fix their so call "imperfections" will never be satisfied with their looks no matter how many plastic surgeries they get.
    Not true.

If someone were to lose a lot of weight and had extra skin, they'd consider that an imperfection and they wouldn't feel better about themselves until it was removed. There are plenty of women that feel better about themselves once they have an elective surgery.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She deserves no more an apology than I do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast