+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with body enhancements?

Whats the deal with body enhancements?

I mean, I myself have an extremely low self esteem cuz I gained alot of weight after I had my daughter and I stressed over it and alot of other things but you dont see me getting liposuction. But some women get it for stupid reasons. I saw this asian woman who got surgery on her eyes to make them more "american". If I were asian I would feel insulted because thats taking a shit on your culture and saying its not good enough to live as one of them. So what are you guys' point of views on body enhancements?

Unless you've got something really messed up with your body like from an accident, born with some deformity, or you really could use surgery, I don't think women should have it.

As for the eye thing, that's retarded. There are a lot of problems with asian eyes that sag with age and cause vision problems, this is where I see the surgery completely fine. But just to change your appearance is stupid. I don't see anything wrong with asian eyes, heck I find a lot of asians attractive.

I don't see why a lot of women will get breast implants. I find petite breasts cute, sure large breasts aren't bad either. As long as there really isn't something wrong with them I don't see any need for implants. Only reason I could see it is an accident, losing your breasts because of cancer, or born with only 1 boob. Even with only 1 breast I could live with that...but it could be a self esteem for her and I would be completely fine with a woman getting implants.

As for liposuction, I'm not fond of it. It's like the lazy persons way out. Plus just give it time and that fat will be back. As long as you try to stay active and you don't sit on your bum 24/7 a little fat never hurt.

Depends on the circumstance and depends on the person.

I feel that if something is severely inhibiting you and your esteem then it is ok.

I also think that the prevalence of these shows showing plastic surgery on TV are giving a false reality though. For instance they make it seem like a boob job is nothing. My sister recently went in for a boob job and ended up staying in hospital for over a month. She had infections and problems with drainage. At the moment she is waiting for another surgery as she only has one breast. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasein View Post
    My sister recently went in for a boob job and ended up staying in hospital for over a month. She had infections and problems with drainage. At the moment she is waiting for another surgery as she only has one breast. Just awful.
    WT???? What happened! I'd prepare to sue...depending on what happened and what they say.

Im againts with that! we should be contented of what we have!

I'm an Asian and based on my observation, there are lots here in our country. Especially those artist, they always go to clinic for body enhancement.

Also, I heard from the news that having body enhancement may have side effects in the future that leads to cancer. Also, some, during/after the operation, they died.

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I mean, I myself have an extremely low self esteem cuz I gained alot of weight after I had my daughter and I stressed over it and alot of other things but you dont see me getting liposuction.
    You shouldn't have low self esteem about things like that. It's almost impossible to keep a perfect body after you have children. Everyone knows that. The best you can do is try and not let yourself go, but it's unreasonable and unrealistic to hope that you'll have the same body you had before kids, after kids. Not feeling the desire to get liposuction just shows that although you might not feel that great about yourself, it's not something you're totally insecure about. That's a good thing. People who get liposuction only start off with liposuction. It's usually the beginning of a long relationship with cosmetic surgery.

But some women get it for stupid reasons. I saw this asian woman who got surgery on her eyes to make them more "american". If I were asian I would feel insulted because thats taking a shit on your culture and saying its not good enough to live as one of them. So what are you guys' point of views on body enhancements?
    Some women get surgery on their genitalia. Unless you really have something that's holding you back from living a normal life among society, like out of place teeth or an accident face, then there's no reason for it. You're mutilating your body.

I myself have an extremely low self esteem cuz I gained alot of weight after I had my daughter and I stressed over it and alot of other things
    Oh my god! LadieNisha, I feel like such a jerk. I totally take back what I said on the beautiful women thread. I had no idea. I feel horrible now.

this is the answer nobody wants to hear.....it takes effort...which i myself am included in not liking that much

exercise, eat organic food where possible (it affects moods) and i think if someone has low self esteem then do some volunteer work...it usually puts a perspective on things...although u having had children i dont see anything wrong with a bit of nip and tuck in small places here and there...because obviously ur probably run ragged lookin after them and dont have time for all of the suggestions above....but u might regret it later if u go under the knife...not only for possible complications but because ur body isnt the same....maybe ur partner likes u the way u r......
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 04-09-08 at 11:46 PM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not a big fan of it, so I figure that I would hire a personal trainer after I have kids to try and get my body back. If my stomach area is totally mutilated beyond what a trainer can help me with, I'm going to get a tummy tuck. I will try to do it the natural, healthy way first. But I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the rest of my life covering up because I chose to have children. My ex's mom's stomach looked like someone attacked it with an egg beater (shudder).

I would never get lipo, a face lift, breast enhancements (I've already got DD's!!), and I really wouldn't want to have surgery on my stomach either, but I don't think I could live with looking like my ex's mom did. It was really awful.
    Last edited by bluesummer; 05-09-08 at 07:07 AM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If I were asian I would feel insulted because thats taking a shit on your culture and saying its not good enough to live as one of them.
    1.) Asian is not a culture.

2.) You're not Asian so shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    WT???? What happened! I'd prepare to sue...depending on what happened and what they say.

She got an infection of golden staf whilst in the hospital. A lot of women who get boob jobs need to have drainage tubes after the surgery..that's something you never hear about.

Yeah it's a pretty horrible situation. She went in for the operation in January and it is now September and she still hasn't got the other implant. I would NEVER get this procedure. Oh and this was her second lot of implants as her first lot done in the 80's had burst which can make you quite ill.

I don't think I'd get any work done. Especially not on my face. I work in Manhattan and see ALOT of plastic. It's really sad to see the stretched aging faces of upper west side women, they truly look inhuman. I want to look like me, not some stretched version.

For body stuff, I go back and forth. There are times where I feel like, if the time comes, I might get a tummy tuck or boob lift. I would NEVER inject any foreign objects, like implants into my body. Isn't there always a chance that the body will reject them?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    1.) Asian is not a culture.

2.) You're not Asian so shut up.
    I never said I was asian, I said if i was. If it isnt a culture, then thats my mistake, but I saw it as one from my POV. That wasnt even the point of my story, I was just sayin she is asian and didnt want to look asian, she wanted to look american, which is an insult to asians.No need to act as if your mother hasnt taught you any manners. I have never disrespected anyone on this forum and I dont deserve to be told to shut up. If you disagree, thats all you had to say, not act that way. Grow up.

[QUOTE=starbuck;369292]For body stuff, I go back and forth. There are times where I feel like, if the time comes, I might get a tummy tuck or boob lift.QUOTE]

I've HEARD that with a breast lift, there's implants....but it could be just a rumor.

I never said I was asian, I said if i was. If it isnt a culture, then thats my mistake, but I saw it as one from my POV. That wasnt even the point of my story, I was just sayin she is asian and didnt want to look asian, she wanted to look american, which is an insult to asians.No need to act as if your mother hasnt taught you any manners. I have never disrespected anyone on this forum and I dont deserve to be told to shut up. If you disagree, thats all you had to say, not act that way. Grow up.
    This sounds like Michael Jackson not wanting to be black, but White, and look at how horrible he looks now.
    He looks more like a woman and he's way too skinny for his height and body development, he should have gained some muscle or definition at least.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast