+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rejected. Yet she still talks to me

I'd hate to bring this thread back to life but.. Things are really getting to me. First off, she never replied to my emails after I sent off that I couldnt handle being her friend anymore. her best friend was telling me that that was a very wrong move and it would only hurt both of us since we've been friends for a long time now.

Well now, she's going out with my Best Friend's brother. Let me give you a quick backround on this kid: He punched another crazy kid in the nuts today, spit in the same kids mouth a few months back. He's in 11th grade and isnt trusted by hsi own mother to watch children so his brother which is in 12th grade always has to do it.

Now that you have a backround, this kid even said to me "I know how you felt about her". That was it. A few weeks have gone by since they started going out and just today this girl calls her best friend. Her best friend calls me and two of our friends for a night out. I was kinda shocked. I asked who was all going to be there and said if this brother of my best friend was going to be there, screw it because its so hard to see the girl of my dreams walking with some insane maniac. Well her b'f had to work tonight and she and I talked like never before. This time I wasnt shy, I held nothing back and we had the greatest time. Hell she offered me a ride home and brought up the fact that she got my emails.. and just didnt know how to reply to them.. I didnt know what to say at the time and I just said that I wish I could have taken them back because i regret every single one ive sent to her in which would leave her in the position of not knowing how to reply back.

She gave me a hug goodbye (she always gives hugs to our friends when saying goodbye).. and that made my night again.. what do i do guys? Its not like im going to be shooting for anyother girls the rest of my highschool years.. do i keep waiting for this girl? Do I hang out more with her so maybe when the day comes when she realizes what a dumbass her boyfriend is and what a real boyfriend could be.. maybe i might have first shot? i dont know.. but I dont want to have her on my mind for another year wondering weather or not anything's going to happen.. hell she may not even break up with him senior year..

So to end this I'd just like to point out that her boyfriend (best friend's brother) talks to me online like this isnt a big deal. he doesnt talk about how great this girl is or anything to me.. i guess i'd thank him for that because i know how great she is... but what do I do? Give up on her? Still be friends with her? Go out with her more? She's off she said sunday before 5:30.. should i go out again with her? or should I back off from possibly putting the impression that i want her to leave her state of happiness with her current boyfriend to just have me ruin it by getting in the way.
    Alone in a world that would never understand

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know how your situation is....only Im a girl who kinda likes a guy....who Im friends with. I laid how I felt out on the table and was told that he didnt want to mess up our friendship by getting into a relationship...etc. This was told to me after being told how he thought I was attractive both physically and mentally. Its fustrating isnt it?

Its hard to be friends with someone you like as more then a friend......and when the feelings arent mutual.... It seems like being around them makes you like them more.....and then it hurts even more realizing that there won't be a chance..

You have to do whats best for you. If you can restrain your feelings and still be cool with her....then I say opt for being friends. But if you can't.....its probably best to distance yourself and look elsewhere.

I personally am distancing myself and looking elsewhere. It just works best for me..... I still talk to the guy now and then...but I know its not going anywhere so I figure why waste the time and my feelings on him.

Good luck and keep us updated.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Smithx
    He's in 11th grade and isnt trusted by hsi own mother to watch children so his brother which is in 12th grade always has to do it.
    He does sound like an ass, but I don't see why this is weird. She is having the oldest look after the children.

Anyways, you have to make this choice for yourself. I would say back off because she probably doesn't feel the same way you do. Like Ellynn was saying, it's tough to be around someone you have strong feelings for and for them to not return them.

Thing is, after the 3.25 years in high school already over i can honestly say i never looked at another girl in the same way I did this one. So first off the basic principle is here, yes it is hard to try and back off. To add icing on the cake, she's my first...

Now she told my best friend (her boyfriends brother) that she's mad at her b/f now. Damnit her boyfriend punched another kid in the nuts for a laugh. Then the kid spit up into the air and into the other kids mouth.. the other kid exploded on him. They were friends for about a year now and now thats over.. i just dont see what she could see in him.

She's always going to be in 4 of my 7 classes this year. Im starting to be myself around her finally after all these years. Knowing that she's found happiness i guess with someone else comforts me somewhat. She's an awesome friend, g/f or not. I still want to be a close friend.. but im still always going to have her on my mind.. hoping that maybe one day she'll realize she dont need strictly a comedian to make her happy. Especially when a comedian hurts other people for a cheap laugh.

To be honest though.. I think she'll catch on. When she dumps this kid.. I dont want her to feel obligated that since she's free she should give me a chance. Just last night when we went out together, with our friends.. i was sitting in the front of the car with her and she said "im glad we're talking now" and "ive never heard ya talk so much before brandon" and have a little laugh about it.. i will admit that ive always been a mute around her.. who knows whats around the corner.. if nothings there.. at least im allowed to be her friend. I'd kill to get another night like last night.. i mean she gave me a hug.. an innocent hug. Do i still have the right to feel special when she talks to me? invites our friends out with me included? or should i just brush it off as fast i can and just avoid her and a possible another heartbreak if she finds someone after the guy she's dating.
    Last edited by Smithx; 02-12-05 at 01:30 PM.
    Alone in a world that would never understand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12