+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long distance relationships... Let's discuss

Quote Originally Posted by AmyLee
    i really think that if u love the person u can manage to make it work but this is way too
    difficult cause maybe u're behaving correctly but u will never know if ur partner is and
    there's always that "what if he's not being faithfull" feeling and that would totally kill
    me i can't live like that.
    I'm a very physicall person, i need him by my side, not miles away.
    Whoa, I didn't even think about the infidelity aspect of a L/D R/S. Probably because in a way I'm the luckiest guy in the World. Two marriages and numerous relationships later, (I'm 50 yo) I can look back over the years and honestly say that no one has ever cheated on me (nor I have them) unless they were VERY good at hiding it!

I don't know how I'd handle infidelity. Probably just walk away. Hopefully I'll never have to find out....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you have a long-distance girlfriend blackie?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    Do you have a long-distance girlfriend blackie?
    Yes and no, mostly no. I have a few ladies that I chat with online/phone that I'm sure I'd be dating if we lived closer.

There was one last year in particular that I was extremely interested in. While we actually 'met' online it was through a mutual real-life friend. I had complimented his website and asked who designed it. (I needed one built) He gave me her email, she did a great job on mine and while working on the project it developed into a mutual attraction. We exchanged pics, talked on the phone every night, she had planned to drive down for Thanksgiving (She's in Kentucky, I'm now in Alabama) Then I receive a email from her saying that, 'sorry, I met someone else here.' Oh well...

I guess at this point I'm trying to keep life as simple as possible. Surely there are local women that are datable, I've just gotta, like I said eariler, get off my lazy butt and get out there and meet them.

I spent most of my life in Los Angeles where I knew tons of people and meeting woman was actually quite easy. School, work, business, neighbors, yes even nightclubs I was a regular at. I used to laugh that the best way to meet women was to take my dog for a long walk and run into friendly people on the sidewalk! Now I'm in a new small, rather town and it's like starting over.

I'll grab some cheese to go with that whine now...
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 09-02-06 at 09:59 PM.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    Distance is only a physical measure of the space between people.
    "only" ????

That's the MAIN reason I, personally, would never get involved in a long-distance relationship. I'm a very physical and affectionate person - I NEED to have that physical closeness in a relationship... I need to be able to hug my girl more than once every 6 months.

It's not about trust, or worryin what she would be doing - it's all about not being able to look into her eyes when she's tellin me about her day, rubbin her feet after a long stressful day, or just layin together on the couch watchin our favorite shows.

We've had this talk like 90 times on this forum - I know - cause I can remember sayin this before that I DO BELIEVE they CAN work (like in your case 'bunky) but it's just not my thing. Again - that's just me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Yes and no, mostly no. I have a few ladies that I chat with online/phone that I'm sure I'd be dating if we lived closer.

There was one last year in particular that I was extremely interested in. While we actually 'met' online it was through a mutual real-life friend. I had complimented his website and asked who designed it. (I needed one built) He gave me her email, she did a great job on mine and while working on the project it developed into a mutual attraction. We exchanged pics, talked on the phone every night, she had planned to drive down for Thanksgiving (She's in Kentucky, I'm now in Alabama) Then I receive a email from her saying that, 'sorry, I met someone else here.' Oh well...

I guess at this point I'm trying to keep life as simple as possible. Surely there are local women that are datable, I've just gotta, like I said eariler, get off my lazy butt and get out there and meet them.

I spent most of my life in Los Angeles where I knew tons of people and meeting woman was actually quite easy. School, work, business, neighbors, yes even nightclubs I was a regular at. I used to laugh that the best way to meet women was to take my dog for a long walk and run into friendly people on the sidewalk! Now I'm in a new small, rather town and it's like starting over.

I'll grab some cheese to go with that whine now...
    You moved from Los Angeles to Alabama? That would be a gigantic culture shock for me! Where did you live in Los Angeles? (I live in Valencia.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tone Guest
    Huntington Park here.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    You moved from Los Angeles to Alabama? That would be a gigantic culture shock for me! Where did you live in Los Angeles? (I live in Valencia.)
    17 years in Beverly Hills, 5 years in Santa Monica and about 7 years in West Hollywood.

Valencia? Love it. My ex's parents lived there and I miss those In 'n Out burgers on 'Hamburger Hill' right off the 405. (As well as the Saugus race track/swap meet but I've heard that's closed now)

I moved here for the cheap real estate frankly. Great (new) house on an acre ten minutes from one of the greatest beaches in America for less than I was paying in rent in West Hollywood.

Culture shock? You bet, but I still like it. There's only one thing missing. A damn social/romantic life!!!!

Culture shock? You bet, but I still like it. There's only one thing missing. A damn social/romantic life!!!!
    What, you left your right in LA?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    What, you left your right in LA?

Sorry Lloyd, I'm only on my first coffee. Not sure I understand your post.

Ugh; my humor is lost. Think "Rosie"; did you leave her back in Cali? Because Rosie is always romantic to me.

Ugh; my humor is lost. Think "Rosie"; did you leave her back in Cali? Because Rosie is always romantic to me.
    I'm still lost here Lloyd. 'Rosie?' That's my dogs name.

Explain please...?

Signed,

The smart but sometimes dense Blackie

I'm still lost here Lloyd. 'Rosie?' That's my dogs name.
    That's gross.

Tone Guest
    That's gross.
    hahaha

Lloyd I got your joke.

Blackie - Rosie... PALM

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I with you, blackie. I'm lost, too. Anyway, I used to like Valencia when it was a bit more rural, but now it's populated with too many damn W.A.S.P.y yuppies and women with plastic boobs wearing their daughter's clothing.

:-)

Tone Guest
    What about Huntington Park???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast