+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationships?

Because i wouldn't go out with him he's ruining my life!

This has the potential to be a very long story. But don't worry guys i'll try to cut it short.

I live in the uk near manchester and about eight months ago i went down south to kent to visit my then best friend.

I'd not seen him in ages because he'd moved down there and it's a five hour journey.

For three years this guy had told me that he had feelings for me and although i cared about him i could never have feelings for him in that way. We were so close at that point it would of been like going out with your brother.

Anyhow when i went to visit him he introduced me to his friend.
    And yes i know this will sound cheesy so you'll have to excuse me. But it was love at first site.

Anyway we spent all week getting to know each other and i was gutted when i had to leave.

Two weeks after i got home i got a phone call from him saying that he would be coming up north for three weeks with his friend who introduced us and their friend.

Anyway within those weeks we decided that we would give it a chance an got together. I talked to the guy who had had feelings for me in the past and he said he was happy for us and that he had moved on.

Anyhow he wasn't happy for us at all and he has done all sorts to try and break us up. (lately he's taken it one step to far)

He was sleeping with my boyfriends sister at one point. To try and get information about me and my boyfriend from her.
    (and thats the nicest thing he's done lately)

I've done something terrible to my boyfriend lately as a result of a devious plan set up by.........you guessed it the guy who used to be my best friend.
    And i nearly lost my boyfriend as a result of it.

My boyfriend is really depressed lately and i feel guilty cause i'm not there for him.

My problem at the moment is that my he wants me to move down south to live with him and his family.

But i'm not sure if i'm ready to give up my life here yet.

Any advice?
    Last edited by munchkin; 29-04-05 at 08:17 PM.

this guy was Sleepin with your b/f sister to find out about you and your b/f?
    He sounds crazy, and thats the nicest thing he's done what else has he done thats worse?

And what terrible thing did you do to your boyfriend because of him?

So your b/f wants you to move down to Kent and live with him? Do you feel that it would be appropriate to move down there at this current time with the way your other friend is acting? Moving may cause more complications. However, is it possible for your b/f to actually come up to Manchester and live with you (that is if you want him to) ? This would be a better option as you will both be away from your friend and this will allow your relationship to be abit easier going.

I do hope all turns out for the best.

We've both thought about that, but it wouldn't work. We can't afford a flat of our own just yet and he won't be able to stay at my parents long term.

Hmm. Okay then. It might be that you just need to weather the current storm. Maybe you could stay where you are for the current time and see if things settle down, although this may depress you b/f further. On the other hand, you could move down to Kent with him in hope that your friend will eventually realise his actions and words are having an ineffectual affect on you and your partner.