+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My problem, how to find someone? Advice required.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg
    i can't talk to girls very good
    What about on the phone? Is it just a face-to-face problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dono
    Okay, I confess, it's just fast as hell, lol. It's a civic coupe with a K24a engine running 15lbs of turbo boost. I can run prretty easy 12's. Why do u ask?
    My friend says that 12's is slow as shiet for now a days, thats probably cause he drives a 10 seconds mustang but I dont care, I like my 14 second acura better lol.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Honestly, the sound of the blow off valve really annoys me. I don't know why.
    You can get quiet BOV's that you can barely hear, and I don't believe you even have to run a BOV or an intercooler if you're running under 9psi of boost. (Which you prolly would be wiht a stock BMW engine)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    I heard supercharging is easier on the engine; not as much hp gains as turbo though.
    Supercharging is actually harder on the engine in terms of wear and tear because what's powering the supercharger is actually the engines crankshaft. So you lose horsepower gains because the supercharger is taking 30% of the engines crankshaft before it even goes to the drivetrain & wheels. It would be like constantly ideling at 4k rm's. That's not good for your motor after a long time, whereas turbo's don't take any hp from the engine, they mearly use the exhaust from the headers and power a turbine that spits out some major air psi.

Ok, can we stay on the topic that the thread is about? I believe this threads is about how to find someone(girl) not how to pimp your ride and be like gay Vin Diesel in Gay and Furious the movie. One thing is annoying is biased opinions on technology like cars because :

One, turbo and supercharging both have equal advantages. (supercharger = quicker spool (unless you have a peanut sized turbo and S/C = better torque) (Turbo = higher HP potential(with sacrifice of reliability but requires time to spool the larger the turbo). Its not the idle that will make long term damage on the engine, turbo is less reliable because people tend to run WAY to fawking much PSI. Its the pressure that ruins motor.

Two, WHOCARES?!
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 23-02-06 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    One, turbo and supercharging both have equal advantages. (supercharger = quicker spool (unless you have a peanut sized turbo) and S/C = better torque)
    1) Superchargers don't "spool".
    2) You'd actually have better overall torque with a medium turbo, because you'd have your regular torque powerband, plus the high end into like half redline full with torque. Not to mention, hp is just a measurment or torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    turbo is less reliable because people tend to run WAY to fawking much PSI. Its the pressure that ruins motor.
    3) If turbo's aren't reliable, then why to half the cars on the road have them from the dealer?
    4) psi doesn't ruin engines. Denotation & knocking ruins engines.

But as far as the issue at hand. You just gotta approach 'em like friends. That takes all the pressure off. Then when you get to know them a little better, you don't feel the pressure, so you can slide right into things easier. (No pun intended ) So just set your mind to something, and do it.

Cars with turbos from the factory are tested over and over again and installed by professionals who made the cars fit the turbo and not the other way around. Not some idiot in his garage who blows his motor and his mommy has to buy him a new car now.

You forgot to respond to my number two.

Hey... i already have a fast car, any more advice on how to find a girl?

So, my problem is this. I'm 20 years old, i have never really had a girl friend, i can't talk to girls very good, i always turn bright red around them and get hot around the collar whenever i talk to one, even if i'm just training them on how to do something or giving them instructions.
    You may be putting too much value into treating girls. You might think you have to treat them differently than you treat other guys so you are hesitant and embarrassed when you approach them. Don't worry too much about giving girls any special treatment. If you treat them as friends, like you do with your guy friends, you may have more success. Of course, be nice and polite.

I don't think i'm ugly, i'm not physically over or under the "average" weight or appearance, and i dont have the stereotypical "computer nerd" look to me. But, one of my problems is that being a computer nerd is my job. I work as a network administrator, basically my job involves maintaining and fixing anything with an electric wall plug at my place of work. Its not a very social job, and i'm not a very social person, but no matter how much money i make, what car i drive, how i dress, none of that matters, because i have no social skills.
    If you think you have no social skills, start talking to people more. I'm sure you do have some skills since you were able to get a good job and accumulate everything you have.

Don't worry about being a computer nerd. The stereotype that girls don't like computer nerds apply mostly in high school. Many women after college look for men that are smart, successful, and have potential.

I've been around techy guys for most of my life. I go to a technical institute where the ratio of males to females is 8 to 1. I also worked at a company with techy people where the ratio was similar. I found that guys who are "computer nerds" can really get far with women if they put more effort. They all definately have the potential. All they have to do is be confident about themselves. (Also, don't stalk anyone. I found that to be a trend at the school I go to, but maybe that is because the ratio is 8 to 1.)

I don't want to end up being "the 40 year old virgin".
    You won't end up as the 40 year old virgin if you are confident and keep trying. If you do become one, it's not so bad...

Hey... i already have a fast car, any more advice on how to find a girl?
    Yes. Treat the girls as you treat your car. You know. Get to know their unique qualities and peculiarities. Do what you can to minimize their drawbacks. Give them what they need to enhance their virtues. Periodic detailing is always nice, too.
    Speak less. Say more.

"cant stop laughing!!!" u guys are sooo funny...hahahahahhahahahah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12