+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quit smoking?

I am in the process of quitting...I am 38 years old and started when I was about 12...Cigs were 75 cents a pack...

Smoking is such a filthy dirty habit that I wish I never started....I can imagine what smoking has done to my lungs...

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and told him I really wanted to quit but I just can't do it...When I stop smoking it feels as if someone is pushing me against a wall with both of the hands on my chest....I actually feel as if I am going into an anxiety attack...

Well the doc prescribed Wellbutrin for me....It seems to be working well...The idea is to pick a quit date and then quit...My date is 4/17th...So far I have noticed that my smoking has decreased and I grow impatient while smoking a cig outside...and I now put it out after only a few drags....(almost a half cig left)

I think it takes an extra something something that makes a person finally quit....Yes..it is great if you can do it for yourself...but it helps to have incentivel..

My incentive is that I want to get pregnant by the end of May

im happy to hear that this decision came over to your mind. i've been smoking since '98 but only last year, ive decided to quit. well, because my gf told me to. i love her so much and i know she just want the best for me.

my parents, friends and siblings told me to quit before but it was only my gf whom i followed....

im glad i quit....i dont regret it.
    i never had difficulties about quitting. i believe it only needs self discipline....

for those of you who wants to quit, its not yet too late.
    for those who doesn't want to...its ok. just dont abuse yourself.
    "I'm SexY...I'm HoT..I'm everything you're NoT!"

tried smoking (just one puff) and it sucked! doesnt taste good or anything!

for those that are already so addicted to it for years, why stop now??? youre already dead so might as well kill urself early! lol

Ive been smoking for 3 years... I was actually thinking abut quitting sometime soon... It's just so hard because It's so relaxing. There's nothing like taking a drive, and smoking.... or sitting by a lake and having a cig as you look at the trees. I dunno... It's just so HARD.

thats the point why should you stop if its so relaxing already..

but if youre still at the stage where smoking tastes bad and makes you cough its better to stop now before you get to the point of being relaxed.

honestly i sometimes really need a smoke at times when im stressed. but i dont!

I quit for a month (cold turkey) and gave in to them the other day, bad mood and stressed no excuse but it felt so good! Lol.. yeah I wanna quit so bad and am going to at some point. CANCER STICKS YOU WILL NOT BEAT ME! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    I got the same prescription last year! but I never took any because I heard it didn't mix well with alcohol. And I love to drink.

Yeah, listen up, people! That shit can mess you up if you drink. A good friend killed himself a few years ago, taking Wellbutrin and having a few beers. Never suicidal before. Totally shocking.

My ex was taking it as well, and had two beers. Got some crazy idea in his head that he would go out and buy some more beer and some cigarettes, because he forgot he was supposed to be quitting.

He came to full consiousness two hours later on a rural highway 20 miles from our house with no idea how he got there.

quitting aint that easy...you should do it nice and slow...
    "I'm SexY...I'm HoT..I'm everything you're NoT!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12