+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GF dropped bombshell last night

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK
    I got more news on my screwed up life I wanted to PM you blackiesharley about it as its heavy wierd stuff. but it says I've not posted enough

Go to my thread here for the latest update: It's not looking good...

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=13152&page=6[/url]

Shit man not good, I've split up with my other half, but wierdly got a date Saturday !

Shit man not good, I've split up with my other half, but wierdly got a date Saturday !
    LOL. I have a tentative date Friday night. One bit of advice though...Do NOT talk about your recent split up with your new date.

I don't know what's happening with my situation. She did call me back late last night and left a message, but I was asleep, long day.

I'm sure there will be some form of communication from her later this morning, but I just have to back off a bit and give her space right now. Depressurize the situation.

lol, it looks like ur talking to a mirror

How did that happen? Was somebody waiting in the wings for you or is it someone you just met?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    How did that happen? Was somebody waiting in the wings for you or is it someone you just met?
    Just someone i meet in the super market strangely enough, added to the complication i finally got a chance to talk to my Ex today without her parents being around we got on really really well. The mortgage is the real anchor I said she could have the place went to the Building society they refused her to have sole name so we don't know what to do, I suggested maybe we should get back together for one last try and she started looking through all the old pics of me an her. She didn't know what to say. So it looked really good today. I said that we could have councelling on our relationship to find out what went wrong

Now she goes back tonight to her parents (no doubt she'll be posioned by them again )

She said she wanted to stay over tomorrow night to get some proper sleep - but i think that'll be knocked out of her by the end of the night at her folks

but here's hoping

What do people here think do I stand any chance of getting her back or am i wasting my time?
    Last edited by BrianK; 08-06-06 at 05:23 AM.

Dude that sucks - I would find someone else if she did that to you man!

What do people here think do I stand any chance of getting her back or am i wasting my time?
    Brian, honestly nobody has a crystal ball and can predict the future.

I will say this though. Based upon my past history, almost every time I walk away and leave them alone they eventually come back and often times, it's been too late, I've since moved on.

I'm giving mine plenty of space. Yes I still want her of course, very much. She has called/emailed today several times, nothing major was said though. Maybe she is indeed going through a hell period in her life and just needs time.

But sometimes it takes less energy to go out and meet somebody new than it does to brood about what could have been with one particular person. That's real easy to say, I know....

Meanwhile, I'm in major pain and disappointment but pushing on.... No choice.

Brian, I think you have a good chance of getting her back. I think it's possible she just panicked and bolted.

Do you think real estate is a good reason to stay together? Also, are you too scarred by this episode to be able to trust her again?

I think if you both tried to get past it, you'd have a pretty good chance together.

Cheers for your responses she is here back in the flat again and we keep slipping up almost back into relationship and then saying sorry its wierd man, I'm going to try to take the mortgage over as i went with her to get it transfered to her man and she didn't earn enough.

She has told me every night that she is out, i cooked her a meal. She is now out and she even said bye.

My family would be mad if they knew that i still want her in my heart of hearts. I'm going to sleep on the sofa and she's going to get the bed tonight

She said that she feels i haven't treated her right in a while, this is why its turned out like this, and i'm finding that all I want to do is be nice, because i know in my heart its true that I didn't pay her enough attention take her out etc and want to make it up, I feel confused about the whole thing really i guess

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Brian, honestly nobody has a crystal ball and can predict the future.

I will say this though. Based upon my past history, almost every time I walk away and leave them alone they eventually come back and often times, it's been too late, I've since moved on.

I'm giving mine plenty of space. Yes I still want her of course, very much. She has called/emailed today several times, nothing major was said though. Maybe she is indeed going through a hell period in her life and just needs time.

But sometimes it takes less energy to go out and meet somebody new than it does to brood about what could have been with one particular person. That's real easy to say, I know....

Meanwhile, I'm in major pain and disappointment but pushing on.... No choice.
    I feel your pain mate I know what thats like

This happens all the time. I wish people actually had color coded indicators on their foreheads so that their SO could see if they were in the danger zone.

Are you going to have to buy her out of the mortgage?

On a related note, I must urge you to never again co-mingle funds. Keep your money separate. I just got divorced this year, and I can say for sure that having separate money made it much easier.

Colour coded indicators on foreheads thats a great idea, going to try to buy her out, she has been so kind about the whole thing she now wants me to have it as she figures that its better one of us have it.

I think in future I'm never co-mingle funds but have a mortgage account maybe to pay funds in

Sorry BrianK. I too found myself in this situation just over a year ago. It's why I came to this forum. I wouldn't suggest dating so quickly; you need time to heal. Even at your age; it's good to stand on your own two feet for a while too and prove to yourself being alone is Okay. It's better in the long run.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Sorry BrianK. I too found myself in this situation just over a year ago. It's why I came to this forum. I wouldn't suggest dating so quickly; you need time to heal. Even at your age; it's good to stand on your own two feet for a while too and prove to yourself being alone is Okay. It's better in the long run.
    I dunno its a tricky one to be honest, I need to find new friends away from my ex, it could be good to find new friends or it could flip in to a relationship ethier way I'm going to take things very slow I haven't had much chance the last couple of years to go clubbing in London etc because my ex wasn't keen on it so i might do those sort of things

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast