+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teenage Pregnancy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I personally never let it cross my mind about giving up my daughter for adoption because I feel like I went through 9 months of pain and suffering to give someone else the joy of raising a beautiful baby? .

It is very nice you feel you are handling this all well, but I should point out that most women who adpot out are more focused on what their baby will be gaining rather than what they, themselves, will be losing. Adoption is the ultimate in selfless behavior.
    Last edited by vashti; 10-01-08 at 08:34 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am pro abortion. And pro stem cell research but i am NOT pro stupidity.

learn how to use condom.. practice with condom.. USE CONDOM. Girls make sure your guy uses whatever and girls should take precations. theres so many different methods to choose from not just pill and condom. Dont just roll with the mood because then you deserve to panic and freak out about having a baby

The baby does NOT deserve a stupid parent like you. (not you personally but you as in anyone who doesnt take precautions)

Im not going to go into abortion and I dont want to hear any religious or "theyre people too!" bullshit

Just saying if it happens do what you feel is right and if you decide to keep it then devote your life to it and take care of it. Do not keep a baby if you know it is not the right thing, think of the issues that kid is going to have going through the adoption process or living with a parent that cannot take care of them properly

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Im not going to go into abortion and I dont want to hear any religious or "theyre people too!" bullshit
    It's not bullshit. What would you say if you were in a womb and you had the right to decide whether to be aborted or not, huh?

I was a teenager, 18 when I had my son. All through school my mom preached to me about this stuff, I KNEW better and I allowed it to happen. I NEVER even contemplated abortion nor adoption. I knew the father wouldnt have anything to do with us, but I had and still have a loving family who supported us. I know I did a great job in raising him, despite the issues were having at him turning 19.

Its one of the hardest things a mom can do no matter what decision she makes, she has to live with that choice the rest of her life.

I do get dissapointed when I see 14 yr olds pregnant. But I dont know that I would blame the parents. Society today is not what it was 30 plus yrs ago. Society changes, people change and acceptance of things change, good or bad.

I dont regret for one moment keeping my child, in a sense he saved my life. Made me grow up, learn responsiblity, my life changed forever.

To each their own...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

You sound very familiar to my life story,squirrley. Only difference is I am 17 and had a girl. You do have to deal with it either you keep the child or not...keeping the child may make you think about what thhe future hold for you and your child (while bein optimistic) and aborting or adoption can make you think about "It could've been you doing what the other person is doing" or "I could have possibly been a great mother". I have couple friends who've wished they hadnt aborted their child when they see how joyful and happy my daughter is.You cant blame the parents for the childs wrong doings. While the parents can think their child is in school they can be out having sex (Just an example,not of me).So its not the parents fault.My daughter has made a TREMENDOUS change in our family.She brought us closer than ever before.I currently have a bf who isnt her real father, but he treats her like his own.I dont tell him to buy diapers or anything I leave it up to him due to the fact that he is not who impregnated me. But it feels good to have this much support in such a stressful situation.I look forward to watching my princess grow into a beautiful woman

I heard something funny last night:

Motherhood. Toughest job on the planet. Easiest job to get, though.
    Spammer Spanker

Thats hilarious Giga! So true!
    Damn straight it is the hardest job. I wonder if they had to put that on a pay scale how much a mom would earn?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Alot of people expected me to fail as a mother, but when they saw what I've done to take care of her, they were highly surprised but pleased. Now yes, I am boasting and getting cocky about this, but only due to the fact that I am categorized as a teenage mother and people automatically think I would fail. I am currently still in school. People always tell my mother and I how I should drop otu and get my GED and go to nightschool.Plain and simple,bullshit.Why should I drop out and let you enjoy the experience of walking across the stage and getting your diploma getting a high paying job while Im stuck filling out applications at McDonalds to mop the floors. No, I want to walk across the stage and get my diploma just like you. I am going to prove that I can do this as a teenage mother. But yea this is my input on teenage motherhood.
    Just out of curiousity, who looks after the baby while you go to School? And who will look after your baby while you do your diploma? Is it your parents? Or are your parents giving you money for child care facilities? If yes, you have to realize that you are being a HUGE financial burden on your parents and your ambition to get education at the expense of their time and money looking after your baby is going to put an even bigger strain on them. Looks like the biggest victims in this story are your parents, I hope you treat them above exceptionally well to make it up to them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

My father does take care of her during the day until I get home.When it comes to her food, Im on a program for that because powder milk is extremely expensive (talking 20-30 dollars per can) and it doesnt last long (4 days tops).So Im on the program. My parents have never felt anyway about things financially.I plan on getting a job, but I rather save that for after school completely,when I have time for it.School,work,friends,relationships,and my daughter will be too much for me to handle.Im taking it one step at a time. She'll be 2 years of age when I graduate and we're on the program until she's 5. By 5 she's eating basic food anyway.She already started eating harder foods such as crackers and she enjoys ice cream.She made 9 months yesterday.If my parents are in anyway hurt financially thats when I would have to step in and get a job to help.But they dont see it as a problem so I'm sticking to my previous plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    It's not bullshit. What would you say if you were in a womb and you had the right to decide whether to be aborted or not, huh?
    actually abort. I dont want to be the mistake that ruined peoples lives and have my self esteem lowered each time a family at the adoption agency rejects me and takes my "friend" instead. Id probably end up committing suicide and hurting more people than to begin with. Though if i were in the womb I wouldnt be thinking until far after the trimester because brains arent even halfway developed.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My father does take care of her during the day until I get home.When it comes to her food, Im on a program for that because powder milk is extremely expensive (talking 20-30 dollars per can) and it doesnt last long (4 days tops).So Im on the program.
    So, you parents aren't supporting her, *I* am (along with everyone else who contributes tax money). Why aren't you and her father supporting her? BTW - the fact that you are already talking about "relationships" freaks me out. You haven't learned a thing.
    Last edited by vashti; 11-01-08 at 10:08 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12