+ Follow This Topic

Thread: teenage valentines day crisis

teenage valentines day crisis

im 18 and a senior in high school. of course we all know valentines coming up, but theres only one thing- i dont have any money to spend on a valentines gift!! our anniversery is this friday tha 11th and money is going into that and i have no otha money cause my parents think school is more important than work. the only thing i have of value is my class ring which is like a $875 ring. i know people give their ring to their girlfriends but is it ok for a valentines gift? i already got a person singing to her and delivering roses and chocolates that i paid fo a while ago and she know i dont have much money and she also knows that my ring is very important to me. wut do yall think? any otha ideas? pleeeez help me!!!

Piece of advice, you're a senior: you won't see her again 4 months from now.

That ring, on the other hand, is $875. Now I have no idea what the hell an 18 year old is doing with a ring that expensive, but I do know that giving anything even remotely close to that ring in monetary value for Valentine's Day is patently retarded. Go get her tickets to a movie or something. Write her a card and promise to take her to an upcoming concert so you can scrounge something in the meantime, but don't do anything that stupid.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

i agree that is way too much to spend on a class ring. trust me like 2 months after you graduate no one will wear them anymore. that's why i wish i would have gotten mine as a soph or something. cuz u get the damn thing, wear it for like 2 months and then ur done with it. tragic really.....

anyways, valentine's day isn't that big of a deal. just do something to show her you care. do some chores or something around the house. you know just enough to get money to buy her like flowers and a card or something. there is no rule stating you have to buy her jewelry or anything expensive. write her a nice letter or note and but it in the card. to me that would be worth alot more than some stupid necklace. it's the small things that count. just be creative. and if she doesn't appreciate the effort, then she's not worth your time.

jeeez man u already got her a person singing to her, roses and chocolates what more could she want?! Theres 2 points to consider here: it doesnt matter about money and expensive presents when your in love, it really is the thought that counts! and also grand gestures should be reserved for really special occassions (proposals, 20th wedding anniverseries etc) god if end up with this girl for years and years and even end up marrying her your going to have run out of stuff to do by the time u leave school!

Are such grand gestures compensating for something lacking in your relationship, emotionally or physically. It shouldnt take a man singing on one silly day of the year for her to know how much you love her, its something she should know every day of the year
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, stop it right now, you're makin' me sick. I don't know why you bought the crappy ring in the first place, especially at almost 900 bucks, I mean come on. And like everybody else said, there's a pretty good chance you guys will break up after you guys go to college, highschool relationships very rarely go beyond highschool, and don't assume you're one of the lucky ones. Plus, girls really aren't all the money you're spending, your attention should be enough.

well we have already been together for a year and a half and are going to the same college so its not like we are never seeing each other again. and the ring i got as a jr and the price was just a guess-tament cause my parents surprised me with it and i know it has real diamonds.(i too dont understand how someone can spend that much on a class ring but i didnt pay for it so its wuteva) i decided to just go out to eat and go take a walk around this nice park...hows that?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by suspence
    well we have already been together for a year and a half and are going to the same college so its not like we are never seeing each other again. and the ring i got as a jr and the price was just a guess-tament cause my parents surprised me with it and i know it has real diamonds.(i too dont understand how someone can spend that much on a class ring but i didnt pay for it so its wuteva) i decided to just go out to eat and go take a walk around this nice park...hows that?
    Sounds fine, however, it's worse that you guys are goin' to the same college, that means when she breaks up with you and ****s some other guy, you'll be around to them! Works both ways, all in all it's unpleasant for all involved.

Just make yourself too avaliable and shower her with gifts all the time mate and she'll soon get bored. Especially if your at the same college later, she'l start looking for new exciting things, 'challenges' etc trust me it will happen. Like i said before use all the exciting suprises and gift ideas over a couple of years on a few silly holidays and ul run out of stuff for later. Just cos your going the same college doesnt guarantee that you will stay together through it all, so be careful.
    I was also going to say that if you were with the right girl, she wouldnt expect massives of presesnt and suprises, especially seen as your both still in high school
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

Dont go overboard man you are too young for that. I think what you got is nice enough and she shouldn't expect a crazy amount of stuff. Im married and my hubby is overseas. We cant send each other anything and we arent going crazy about it. I am bascially gonna send him an ecard fro Hipstercards.com I found.

He would be happy just with that.

Well Thanks Everyone I Appreciate Everyones Input

dude do the easy thing man and win yourself 50 bucks at the sametime man

hipstercards.com go there and enter the contest called "win a virgin" when you send an ecard you get entered to win 50 bucks bro do that send ehr a card bea champ and maybe you may put some cash in your pocket

and a 900 buck ring? damn man

its only cause my mom is a reall sentimental type of person and she wanted real diamonds

Don't sell the ring...better yet stop being a dumbass!! I would've used more profanity, but i think i'll save it for later, hoping u got some sense knocked into ya!!
    Familiarity breeds contempt, absence makes the heart grow fonder!!!

Even if you just took her for a romantic walk or something simple and priceless- it's the thought that counts!! If she doesn't appreciate that, then she's not in it for you! Just what she can get!