+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting into shape...

I think I'll do that. I'll take a digital pic in a bathing suit and post it here in the forum (in case I inadvertantly delete it from the comp for some stupid reason). I'll write the date on a big piece of paper and check back like every three months or so with a new pic. So everyone (including myself) can see the progress (or lack thereof should I stupidly STOP working out).

Alexi

Which reminds me. Tonight's a workout night!

there you go!!! you can see your own progress and everyone on here will too!!

Postive feedback is ALWAYS good...get clicking!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Done. First pic is up. Forgot to mention that Sir Mix-a-lot would say that I "pack much back".

Yeah. Got a big ass for some reason. And I've actually gotten in trouble for it in military school! So funny! They kept yelling at me to get my 'butt down' while doing pushups (they thought I was wimping out and arching my back). Finally I had to say it. "Sir, may I make a statement?" "What is it [last name]!?!?!" "Sir, I just have a big butt." After a bit of chuckling and poking it with their sabre they laughed and said, "I guess you do [last name]! It's HUGE! Just continue with those pushups. I'll leave you alone now."

Needless to say it was a few days before they left THAT comment to rest.

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by Ironliftr3

INCLUDING a change in diet, as that is 80%+ of the results you will achieve. Amazing abs CAN NOT be obtained for three easy payments of only $29.99.

It can't? awe........damn!!!

Seriously...I've been working out (with a purpose), for over a year now and LOVE the results, but you are right, when I changed my diet and started adding more protein, the results zoomed!! What do you think of the 40/30/30 diet? (40 carbs, 30 protein and 30 fat).I mean the lifestyle, not going on it to lose weight and then quitting. I try to have protein with EVERY meal. I did a diet journal for a while to see how I was eating and I was shocked to see how little protein I was consuming and just how "bad" (according to their glycemic index) the carbs were that I was eating. No Big Macs for me either Squirrley! (I don't even think that stuff is real........ ). I am doing this for myself, but not just for health. I want to look good too, because when I look good, I feel good and that equates with huge confidence.

Okay, one more question. I know you should do both cardio and weight training, but how much of each? I don't want to build body mass, just tone and tighten. I was also told that walking at a fast pace, but still being able to hold a conversation, is just as effective as running. Is this true? Because I can't run. I used to be a long distance runner in high school and LOVED it, but let's just say.........there isn't support enough in this world for me to be able to run comfortably. I'm what some would describe as voluptuous. (envied by some, pitied by others.......it's a curse). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voluptious Breezy18
    I'm what some would describe as voluptuous.
    envied by some
    ....AKA - Males.
    pitied by others
    ....AKA - Females.

Am I about right?

As for me, I'm thinking about doing the diet thing. Although I love eating! You'd be surprised at how much I eat and somehow not manage to blow up. When I get home from work, I make eight slices of french toast DOUSED in syrup. Then I wake up and have a few poptarts (usually two or four) and about half a package of Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies (half a package meaning one of the two sleeves of cookies). Then at school I eat a beef steak grilled in barbecue sauce in a wrap with cheese and mushrooms. Then I get home and work out for an hour, then munch on either the other sleeve of cookies or some ramen noodles until it's time to go to work.

Iron, I'm assuming this isn't the 'optimal' diet for fat reduction?

Help me out if you don't mind! I feel bad since you normally get paid for this so will understand if you can't afford to let out all your secrets for free. But if you feel you can, PM me and let me know what I could do and some easy ways to change.

Alexi

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi

As for me, I'm thinking about doing the diet thing. Although I love eating! You'd be surprised at how much I eat and somehow not manage to blow up. When I get home from work, I make eight slices of french toast DOUSED in syrup. Then I wake up and have a few poptarts (usually two or four) and about half a package of Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies (half a package meaning one of the two sleeves of cookies). Then at school I eat a beef steak grilled in barbecue sauce in a wrap with cheese and mushrooms. Then I get home and work out for an hour, then munch on either the other sleeve of cookies or some ramen noodles until it's time to go to work.

Alexi
    That's it! I officially hate you.

j/k If I even SMELL a cookie, I gain 10 pounds. Never mind looking at or tasting one. Crap!
    Last edited by Breezy18; 22-04-04 at 10:14 PM.

lol! Funny thing is though that I really can't eat any other deserts. Chips Ahoy is the ONLY cookie my stomach/taste buds will tolerate. Anything else tastes like crap, and if it's a warm, hot cookie fresh from the oven, I'll literally throw up. No cakes, no cookies, no brownies, no ice-cream, etc. I'm more of a "carb whore". Guess I need to slow that down.

(And I guess I shouldn't have just eaten 5 english muffins for today's breakfast I'll start the diet tomorrow - Famous last words . . .)

Alexi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12