+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting into shape...

Getting into shape...

I have been trying to get into shape since January - well not really, i was just thinking about it -- then a few weeks ago I started to play baseball with my friends - doing so has seemed to boost up my energy levels throughout the normal day now - I have gotten my arms, chest, upper back, and under my arms ****ing huge... but the main part tht I hate about my body is my damn stomach... It has gone down quite a bit (i used to have a pot belly)... But I still am not getting any new muscles or anything there...

So yeah - I am starting this thread to get some advice on how to get a 6 pack before June -- I am pretty sure I can get the rest on my own - I am doing good so far - its just this damn stomach... ...

Oh - and one thing - I do not plan to change my eating habbits - I will not count calories or carbs or whatever else there is - I eat twice a day - a small lunch (1 sandwich, 1 25 cent bag of chips) and a small dinner (ussually my step mom cooks and I get about 75% the normal serving size --- --- I am not going to change this habbit - Before I moved back in with my dad I ate once every 3 or 4 days because I could not afford to eat at all... I lost alot of weight doing that... And this eating twice a day of anything I want seems to be giving me enough fuel to gain muscles that I want without me gaining any fat.

So yeah... What should I do (besides change my eating habbit) to get a 6 pack before June ?

Go to a gym maybe..?
    Sit ups..?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy41684

So yeah... What should I do (besides change my eating habbit) to get a 6 pack before June ?

Move out of fantasy land??

Seriously. Abs are made in the kitchen. Everyone has a great six pack, they're just usually covered with a layer of fat. Abs, being slow twitch muscle fibers, don't 'grow' much, regarldess how many 'great abs in 7 minutes a day, three times a week' infomercial devices you buy.

Trust me dude, without a calorie restriced, carb controlled HEALTHY diet (which your two meal a day diet is FAR from) you will NEVER have the six pac you desire.

And if you don't think I know my shit...ask Squirrely. She'll tell you first "hand" (and lips, and tongue...lol) what my abs look like. Not to mention how many heads a good set of abs turn while we at the beach.
    Last edited by Ironliftr3; 21-04-04 at 05:22 AM.

ok.. well explain to me how to start... I am totally lost in this area dude.

I'd hafta say Iron is probly the best person here to advise you on this too.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Billy-Iron does know his shit. Weve spent, I should say HE spent hours teaching and explaining to me the Nutritional apsect of getting into shape. That is how we started talking-wanted his advice. I have the utmost respect for him and his knowledge in the diet, nutrional, and work-out world. Whats right whats wrong.

And yea he got not only looks, but women actually came right out and said things to him-they couldnt help but stare at him. I thought it was cool. but he deserves the recogntiion...he works like hell EVERYDAY. Hes a VERY motivated and dedicated person when it comes to his body. So anything he tells you I strongly recommend you listen closely-TAKE NOTES!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    And yea he got not only looks, but women actually came right out and said things to him-they couldnt help but stare at him. I thought it was cool.

But look who I went home with, sexy!

me...

ok this thread has lost its purpose - lol - someone close it - or leave it open - idc

hey I already talked to Iron about your situation! But you HAVE to WANT it...and do it the right way! You CANT have those 6-pack abs without changing your diet Billy. I even know that one. So if youre drop dead serious about it-then you have to CHANGE YOUR DIET, if youre not, then you wont get there.

SO WHATS YOUR PLAN?

my plan is to let what happens happen... My diet is not gonna change. And I thought about me being the guy that walks down the beach turning heads and decided thats not what I want... All I will end up doing is getting with someone that is into me for my looks only... That has setup for failure written all over it... So I am not gonna change my body - I am happy with who I am. and if no one wants me for this - then its just their loss.

good for you...you know what YOU want! (I mean with yourself your body).

Dont let anyone try to influence you, but keep in my mind your health. You certainly dont look fat or overweight in your pictures...but I think most people want that look-I do. So I spent hours talking about HOW to get there. I didnt want to change my diet...but being educated has helped me to see that if I want the results Im desiring then I have to change things. I want to feel good about myself...and my stomach is definetly the last of the changes. Id love to have Janet Jacksons abs-but the only way to get there is through motivation and dedication. Its what I WANT.

So like we always say-to each their own...

I do have to say this Billy-there WAS a time that I felt my appearance shouldnt mean shit...that the person should like me for who I am, but then came a point where I wanted to improve MYSELF FOR MYSELF. I already feel a ton better after losing a lot of weight. But I want to continue to strive for myself and set goals.

Its what you want for yourself and no one else should matter in that fact.

Squirrley hit it 100% right. You need to do it for YOURSELF. If the guy with the six pack and 5% bodyfat isn't who you are, you will NEVER stay motivated. Working out, a healthy lifestyle, and proper nutrition is a 'hobby' for me that has become a huge part of my life, and a good part of who I am. It's important to me, and it makes me feel good, not because other people are impressed (although I will admit, that's a nice side benefit) but because it's something I want for ME, and love to do for ME. It's not for everyone, although I think being in shape and healthy IS important for everyone. Having that six pack is an example of taking it to extremes, and that is NOT necessarily everyone.

If you honestly want help in achieving this goal, I'll certainly be willing to point you in the right direction and help you. BUT, you need to be serious about it, INCLUDING a change in diet, as that is 80%+ of the results you will achieve. Amazing abs CAN NOT be obtained for three easy payments of only $29.99.

One thing to ad, there is NOTHING like that first time you look in the mirror, and actually SEE your abs for the first time! Better than losing your virginity (almost).

Yeah. I consider myself in shape. And, yes, that's for me. However I don't care so much about getting very defined abs. I just want a flat stomach and a nice athletic build. I don't have to be crazy with it. I'm pretty satisfied with what I am right now, but continue to work out to see if I can improve. However I believe (happily) that I've hit my goal. Anything now is just 'excess'.

Alexi

see thats where I want to be Alexi! Im almost there. Ive worked my ass off trying to achieve the "look" I want. I know I can do it. But Im NOT about having the super model body. but I want to be happy with me. And for the most part I am. I really am-Im proud of myself that I took the initiative and did it for me. But I still have that goal of losing my stomach. I want a nice tight stomach. So somehow Im hell bent on getting it!

Hmmm-yea that meant no more Big Macs for me. Sacrifice.

Alexi-youve got a good thing going and know what you want for yourself. Thats awesome. I think because of your age-youve got lots of time to have that excess thing going on!!! Id be interested in seeing your pic one year from now-I bet youd be suprised at yourself too...that the work you put into it would amaze you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast