+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum mentality

Actually I posted this as more of a vent toward that forum. I posted a question regarding a concept and if they had stumbled across any stock that might be useful and they went to town on me. I guess each forum has certain ettiquette that must be obeyed.

Oh well bugger 'em. I found what I wanted on my own.

Graphic Designers tend to be stingy. They don't like to give out their resources because they are always afraid that someone may turn out to be better than them. The Graphic and Web Design field is so competitive... they don't like to share the tiniest bit of information with someone they aren't familiar with. Oddly, they find comfort in sharing with someone who's art they are familiar with.

In other words, if some GD's never see your work... most likely they won't help you. Some GD's want to know your artwork because if some see that you are better than them, some will befriend you because they can either learn from you or steal from you. I mostly learned this from my Best Friend Darren. He is an Interactive Graphic & Multimedia Production Artist and he had those problems coming up in the Graphic World.

Interesting comment made by Cain on the bet thread...

"It never ceases to amaze me when people that don't matter try to insult a regular."

I believe that was aimed specifically at OV. I suppose it could be interpreted poorly by a non-regular, though.
    Last edited by shh!; 27-09-08 at 12:38 AM.

Actually, it was towards doppelganger.

Doppelganger had made a comment towards Cain that made me say "And you are...?". That was the same scenario I based my post in this thread off of. When the newcomers come and speak to you like we know each other, it gets ackward. Had it been a regular though, Im pretty sure Cain would have probably joked back, because he knows the person on a different level than he does the new person.

I dont see it as something personal, I just see it as I dont know you so dont talk to me like you do know me.
    Last edited by LadieNisha4u2nv; 27-09-08 at 12:32 AM.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

c'mon this is a forum, most people don't know anyone but are expressing themselves....why should a newbie be held more accountable than a regular. There have been 3 specific instances i've seen of real bullying on this forum, where two of the people being bullied felt they should leave.....not nice at all.....and both of those times i got flak for sticking up for them, the third bullying happened to be someone in the clique of regulars and i made my point clear to the bullies.....but ye know the sayin....what goes around comes around. You should be nice to newbies. They may think differently than what is considered the norm on here....but isn't that a nice thing surely.....of course majority of regulars are great....but there are a few that just can't help themselves
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 27-09-08 at 02:18 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Personally, I don't even acknowledge the existence of most new posters until after they've proven themselves in some way. Either by having a hot picture or by saying something poignant and grammatically sound.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Actually, it was towards doppelganger.
    ???
    The newbie with the cool avatar?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Im pretty sure Cain would have probably joked back, because he knows the person on a different level than he does the new person.

I dont see it as something personal, I just see it as I dont know you so dont talk to me like you do know me.
    Doppleganger is someone incredibly familiar to this forum, he's really not new at all.

Yes it exists.

One day old or 1000 days old...I don't care. I treat everyone the way I want to be treated.

yes you definitely do lesa....i think you are fab
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I treat everyone the way I want to be treated.
    Then why aren't you giving me oral

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Then why aren't you giving me oral
    LOL it speaks for itself!

Some posters just loves to argue and won't stop till they have the last word to everything. It makes them feel better about themselves. So I let them. Just post what you have to say. Conserve your energy and ignore their silly attempt to dominate every argument.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Speak your mind, any part or all of it. Whatever you got. Its an online forum. What the hell have you got to lose??

Its good training for real life. You gotta sift lots of sand to find the nuggets. If you don't like something, improve it, change it, or ignore it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast