+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Definition

I couldn't find it in Websters either. Weird. You made me search the net Halla!! This is what I found...
    Towards the end of the 19th century, refinements were bringing about an acceptance of the asepsis method, with particular attention to cleanliness and disinfection by the surgical team, of the patient, of the operating theatre, and steralization of the surgical equipment and instruments(49). By 1900, many surgeons had changed to asepsis, and by the end of World War I (ie 1918), only a few "old-guard Listerians" still held on to the belief in antispesis(50).
    Thanks for enriching my medical info Halla.

OH cooooooool, just thought of a new game. The "definition" game. I don't want to play with Halla though..........

j/k girl. You rock!

ohhh please it shall be fun. i'll go easy. i swear! lol
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Halla-thats what I did when deciphering 25 lettered medical terms break them bad boys down...i knew what aspesis was-omg that was when i was a junior in high school...holy crap-i realized im old.

I took courses at the hospital too-did 3 rotations. Thought I wanted to be a PT. But when the man i worked with for 9 weeks with an amputee on his right side-(up to knee) was well enough to go home-he died within the next week. I cried. It takes special people...i couldnt seperate that.

But youve chosen a great career if you can remember all those damn words!!! goodluck sweetie!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

OMG Squirrley, you learned that in junior high??? My gosh, what were they teaching you kids? lol

All I remember about it, is that some doctor a long time ago discovered that you could cut infection in half by simply washing your hands before surgery. Don't remember when I learned it and I had NO idea what it was called.

No I was a junior in HS. Did a nurses thing at the Vocational School-yes I was a certified Nurses aide. I did a rotation in OR too-that was the worst thing Ive ever seen and knew the medical health profession was not my forte..........but here I am in the Dental Field...now that I like. But even now there are times that I get grossed out. I give a lot of credit for those who work in the medical field-it takes a great deal of compassion and you need to be able to seperate it. I couldnt do it...I would always take those patients problems with me-I became emotionally attached to people-and I couldnt bare the aftermath-or the death of these people...it was too hard. So I extend a very huge thank you for those who are in the profession-its NOT easy...

thanks. well i'll see how i do at my internship. i'm just starting to hate working in my padded cell...aka cubical. I already work for a big medical insurance company. so all those lovely codes... like a venipunture 32542. ahh yes the univercal procedure, hcpcs, rev codes... i know the gist of them all. so i can do loads! lol

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

dont get me going on coding or codes...please. Im so sick of the ADA and its changing and the insurance bullshit that goes with it...I could reach through the phones at times and ring their necks...BULLSHIT INSURANCE!

hey! i'm one part of that. lmao. ok so i'm the person who decided to pay or reject the claim.

i see the dental medical too. do i know all about it.

youre a reviewer as well? Oh boy this is something we better stay away from girl! Cause my boss says shit on a daily basis about those people..oh oh amazing what you learn on a daily basis!!(haha remember our convo just shortly ago????) Ok-I will only say this from the person who sends those claims in-I honestly dont give a shit...but I get the shit from the patients...and to constantly resubmit drives me nuts. I did find out recently Aetna was sued 7 million dollars for dental claims they were refusing to pay or downcoding...and its starting with other insurance companies too...ITs a damn big deal...and I have to start reporting those companies who do that...that part of my job sucks...

But I would never say anything or disrespect your job Halla-know that-cause its still a hard one!!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that is why your mother usually gives birth to an older brother or sister. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i am a claims processor. you won't believe the errors i come across. today i did...397 claims. research, edit and pay. i worked my way up from data entry. oh man. i was recoding perscriptions into universal codes. i know brand vs generic....my brain holds way too much info.

ugh. sorry for that. i know the frustration level. i deal with medicare a lot and other states... maine, new hampshire, etc... the responses i get i want to smack people over the head.

I dont deal with medicare or medicaid-thank goodness!!! Were a private practice and he doesnt belong in any of the insurance networks-thats why I have a problem most of the time-because our patients KNOW they have to pay out of pocket whats not covered by their insurance. So every damn dollar counts.

Goodluck in school girl!!!

thanks!

oh man making people pay! i better threaten them. lol... like no novicane

Quote Originally Posted by hallanole
    i better threaten them. lol... like no novicane

(what's up with the 10 character minimum? I've never got that message before)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast