+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed and lovin it!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If this isn't an example of why welfare reform is needed, I don't know what is.

Remember, this guy is LYING about the fact that he's out there looking for a job. I think ppl on the dole need to at least make a minimal effort, don't they? Miso would know, I think she works in social services/rehab.

This classless person would rather be lazy & collect benefits from society rather than have that money go to someone actually deserving, like a kid who's parents can't afford health insurance. RE-FORM, cheloveks.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You believe everybody deserves something.
    +1

The only ppl who DESERVE not to work are those who worked hard/smart enough & made their own fortunes.

Strangely, tho, these ppl are the ones who never, ever stop.

[quote=Frasbee;400000]
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post

You believe everybody deserves something.
    do i?? tbh i don't think anyone deserves to be shot at, but someone has to be in the line of fire right? surely that can cause some emotional stress that deserves a break?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [quote=ecojeanne;400015]

do i?? tbh i don't think anyone deserves to be shot at, but someone has to be in the line of fire right? surely that can cause some emotional stress that deserves a break?
    I guess that can be said about many of the non-working poor around here considering they live in areas ripe with gang shootings.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whether he NEEDS the break is not the issue. He is abusing a system that is not meant for that purpose.

He can live at home and let his family take care of him if they deem his situation serious enough.

I said it before, here's my model for how I'd like the social assistance system to work:

Anyone who wants/needs to be supported by something like welfare should have to get approval from 10 of their nearest neighbours.

If YOU were this fellows neighbour, Eco, and YOU had to decide whether this fellow was truly needy of a portion of your income, what would you say? What criteria would you make this condition on and with what conditions.

Honestly, I *might* decide to agree this person get some time off. BUT you bet your damn ass there would be conditions. He could be going to school for something, for example. Or doing some volunteer work.

Not sitting at home using a computer on the web or playing vid games all day.

[quote=Frasbee;400019]

I guess that can be said about many of the non-working poor around here considering they live in areas ripe with gang shootings.
    but they don't choose to go into the line of fire to protect the citizens, am i getting this wrong? he's a cop right?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Whether he NEEDS the break is not the issue. He is abusing a system that is not meant for that purpose.

He can live at home and let his family take care of him if they deem his situation serious enough.

I said it before, here's my model for how I'd like the social assistance system to work:

Anyone who wants/needs to be supported by something like welfare should have to get approval from 10 of their nearest neighbours.

If YOU were this fellows neighbour, Eco, and YOU had to decide whether this fellow was truly needy of a portion of your income, what would you say? What criteria would you make this condition on and with what conditions.

Honestly, I *might* decide to agree this person get some time off. BUT you bet your damn ass there would be conditions. He could be going to school for something, for example. Or doing some volunteer work.

Not sitting at home using a computer on the web or playing vid games all day.
    but what if you had an asshole of a neighbour that just didn't like you or begrudged you?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, that's why you'd have 10 I suppose. A single outlier might be dropped, but not half of them. If all your neighbours hate you, perhaps one should examine why that might be.

this is how cops do it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

but they don't choose to go into the line of fire to protect the citizens, am i getting this wrong? he's a cop right?
    Eco.

I doesn't even matter, because you just like play devil's advocate, no matter what.

The guy could be a mass rapist and you'd still manage to take his side some how, just 'cause you get a kick out of it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is this guy a cop? Who is lying about collecting benefits?

Ewww. Better off without him in that job, then.

Eco.

I doesn't even matter, because you just like play devil's advocate, no matter what.

The guy could be a mass rapist and you'd still manage to take his side some how, just 'cause you get a kick out of it.
    thats not it at all, i don't deny yes i have at times, but i'm actually serious with this one. he does sound (to me) like he had a tough time of it and is taking time out. millions of people sit on their asses all day in a job and do nothing and get paid. i do think he posted this to get a negative reaction coz maybe he's slightly masochistic. you're right he could be an absolute arse but on the other hand he may not be. i do have sympathy for people who have put their lives at risk purposely on a daily basis for the sake of others, maybe i'm idiot and weak for thinking that but somehow i feel sorry for the guy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i do have sympathy for people who have put their lives at risk purposely on a daily basis for the sake of others,
    Fine. But he could have requested a transfer to a different dept and still be doing good work without putting his life on the line. I know some police who did this after being injured and are doing good work in things like Forensics, now. He could go back to school, as I already said.

And there IS such a thing as stress leave. Since he's not on that, I suspect there is more to his situation, as Vash mentioned in her musing about why he was fired.

You get too caught up in emotions, Eco and don't use your sense of logic to look at an entire situation.

thats not it at all, i don't deny yes i have at times, but i'm actually serious with this one. he does sound (to me) like he had a tough time of it and is taking time out. millions of people sit on their asses all day in a job and do nothing and get paid. i do think he posted this to get a negative reaction coz maybe he's slightly masochistic. you're right he could be an absolute arse but on the other hand he may not be. i do have sympathy for people who have put their lives at risk purposely on a daily basis for the sake of others, maybe i'm idiot and weak for thinking that but somehow i feel sorry for the guy
    there's no maybe about it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    this is how cops do it.
    Haha, thats right. Your taxes paid my wages when I was employed and when I am not employed..well your taxes pay for me too.

For the record, I am actively looking for a job, but the hiring process for law enforcement takes just a little longer than burger king or wherever you work Indi

Thanks eco, your absolutley right. I DESERVE a break. I love America.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast