+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Vs. Physical Involvement

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But think about this for a second.

Women are emotional creatures, right?

So if they're "emotionally cheating" on you, that means they're already a big step closer to abandoning you altogether, or jumpin' in the sack with this other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I'd be gutted about the physical cheating. It's like a pride thing - "that guy stuck his dick in my woman! He had his filthy cock in my woman."

She would be tainted for me and I wouldn't be able to touch her again.

Emotional cheating... just seems so flimsy in comparison.
    I sign below this.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still Frasbee, on a gut level I know I'd be bothered about a hundred times more by a physical act of cheating than by emotional involvement.

Emotions are temporary, after all, however much people like to think otherwise. But if your girl f-ck's some other guy - that's permanent. That can't be undone.

personally I just know I could take that much easier, not to say it'd be a walk in the park either though.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still Frasbee, on a gut level I know I'd be bothered about a hundred times more by a physical act of cheating than by emotional involvement.

Emotions are temporary, after all, however much people like to think otherwise. But if your girl f-ck's some other guy - that's permanent. That can't be undone.

personally I just know I could take that much easier, not to say it'd be a walk in the park either though.
    My thing is, I have trouble seeing the majority of women just goin' out and bangin' some random dude with absolutely no emotional involvement. That's my point, women tend open their minds before their legs. I'm making emotional cheating just a tad step lower than physical cheating. Like that gulp of air right before you sneeze.

Any man who isn't concerned about her spending quality time with another man simply because they haven't (to his knowledge), f*cked yet, is going to be in for a surprise.

I just couldn't separate the two under my circumstances.

If I found out she was spending time with another dude behind my back, I'd cheat on her so fast, and send what was left of the relationship into the ground like a flaming kamikaze.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think CB, you are just reinforcing the point about men = physical BFD; women = emotional BFD.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what's BFD?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Big f-ing deal. It was shorter than writing "physical affairs are more traumatic". Which I now had to write anyway. Thanks a lot.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Which I now had to write anyway. Thanks a lot.
    Jeez, I know. Charlieboy is such a f*ckin' asshole.

I'd be more f-cking gutted over physical cheating, too. Physical cheating would mean that the guy took action and made plans that he followed through with to sleep with someone else, as opposed to just having thoughts in his head or conversations with someone. If he just wanted to bust a nut, why not just jerk off and not go through all that trouble?

Like Illusional said, no one would want either, but for me, emotional cheating would be the lesser of two evils.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    hm well this is a good question i think for me both are on just about the same level just in different ways. The emotional would be bad because i'd have the insecurity of thinking about whether or not he cares about her more than me. or when he's looking at me is he thinking about her?. things like that. But then when it comes to the physical...a lot of ppl say it's just for the ****....what if they're already getting it from their gf or bf. That just doesn't make any sense really right?....and of course then if that is true there are the worries about whether or not they can even stay faithful if they are gonna go around and screw other ppl in the first place. it's just complicated
    main point is PPL PLZ DON'T CHEAT!!

Both emotions and physical activities can be undone if the partner break all links with the 'other'. Cuz if a girl have sex with some other guy, she can still relinquish those physical activities, therefore undoing the unacceptable behavior, same with if she's emotionally envolved with a another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I don't know. I think emotional affairs involve the significant other (neglecting, etc) more than physical cheating and that piss people off. Some people physically cheat just to do it but I would not want him. Chances are he will do it again (or fight the urges).

With emotional cheating, yes, I would feel partly to blame but I would try to fix my relationship if he hasn't decided to leave already.
    Don't you think with physical cheating, one can be party to blame for too because of neglect? Maybe he feels he's not receiving enough sex or maybe the sex was not as good as it used to be?

It's all emotional cheating, there is no only physical cheating, cheating by nature is emotional. If she's getting some emotional fullfilment that should be exclusively from me then that is just as bad as a physical affair. In CBII speak why would you want his emotional dick in her any more than his physical one in her.

They are both bad. I would expect my partner to be both soul and body in tune with me. It's kind of useless to debate which one is a lesser evil since I won't accept any one of them.
    Last edited by lastwish; 21-12-08 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pythongrace View Post
    Don't you think with physical cheating, one can be party to blame for too because of neglect? Maybe he feels he's not receiving enough sex or maybe the sex was not as good as it used to be?
    Yes, that's a possibility. I didn't mean to say it was not. However, some "studies" and a few men on here say that the sexual relationship with your significant other is not a strong reason for why they cheat.

Also, I agree with lastwash and what she said was going to be my first response to this thread but then I wanted to talk more in detail about emotional and physical cheating. I would not accept any type of cheating. Except for self masturbation (cheating by using his hands as a bf used to say ).
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast