+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friends with benefits, casual partners, **** buddies, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i love having sex, however have not found that one person whom i'd want to have a relationship. therefore it really helps to have fcuk buddies in my case. no one is hurt, no expectations.
    I dont think that is 100% true because as others have said, many times someone does get hurt and this is usually because one of the partners expects too much out of it or acquires feelings for the other partner, thus causing it to either fall apart or in the best case scenario both partners feel the same way and they date.

i can't complain about anything....
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I wish you lived in the US. Don't you live in Russia or Australia or something?
    i wish i lived in australia....nope US it is.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I'm surprised no one realized this is the guy with the 3 year relationship that's stuck with his ex. So who is this "friend"?

FWB imho is dumb. It's like playing with fire. Someone might not get burned, but chances are someone will.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i wish i lived in australia....nope US it is.
    Oh yeah? Well if you're ever in Ithaca NY sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Oh yeah? Well if you're ever in Ithaca NY sometime...
    NEVER BEEN TO NEW YORK

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Caps Indignant caps!!!!

I Know, I Am Typing An Exhibit Package For A Trial Next Week, It's 11 Pages And I'm Too Lazy To Switch From Caps, Sorry

Ha joe good catch!
    I'm not sticking with my Ex or even trying to get her back anymore, I just want to be friends with her. If she suggested FWB I probably would go with it but I dont think we are planning it.
    I really did just bring it up for fun and I dont even think I brought it up with my friends (all guy friends) I'm pretty sure someone else brought it up. So dont worry joe.

Been in a few romantic relationships that deteriorated into FWB... wasn't exactly happy about it. Even been with a few friends that started out as FWB and turned into a romantic relationship. So I've never personally experienced FWB being even remotely stable... seems more like a transition or gateway... either to a romantic relationship or out of one and headed toward a break up.

It really doesn't work with women's natures... and the longer a guy stays with any female... the greater the chance is that he'll become possessive of her (may never actually 'love' her) or lose interest completely.

FWB is for the indecisive... sooner or later you'll have to make a decision --- start a relationship, end a relationship, or cheat.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    how did it all end?
    After law school, we both remained friends, got into great relationships, and are still good friends now (with no more sex of course).

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by swargolet View Post
    Now most people would say this is cheating, but how do we define cheating? Some people say it starts at a kiss or at a flirt but there really is no defined answer.
    Well, where it begins is debatable, but I think everyone can agree that ****ing is WELL inside the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    After law school, we both remained friends, got into great relationships, and are still good friends now (with no more sex of course).
    Do the respective SOs know about the FWB history?
    Spammer Spanker

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    hey what a coincidence. u should read my new thread "just friends" and tell me what u think about it.
    i think fwb could work but it's hard to find two ppl that can really maintain that because usually emotions start to get thrown into the mix. And there is nothing wrong with cuddling or laying/sleeping in the same bed unless you're cheating on a bf/gf of course. And for the last thing yes, it is cheating. There's no ifs ands or buts, cheating is cheating.

Eh... ya. I guess I would have to change my stance on it from 50/50 to 100 it is cheating. So that I guess isn't the question anymore.

Ya, I guess FWB is mostly just a short term fun time until one or both partners get feelings in which case it would either end or progress further OR one of the partners wants to end it because they are entering a different relationship.

It certainly would be fun to have a FWB in college like carl did. Just a nice stress reliever and also a good friend to hang out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Do the respective SOs know about the FWB history?
    I see where you are going on this point, Giga ... and I agree that staying friends with an ex FWB would cause the same problems as staying friends with an ex bf/gf. Fortunately, after school was over, she moved back to her home state over 1,500 miles away. So our contact is very limited and chatty/professional (maybe 3-4 times a year).

I told my last SO about it. If I get into a new relationship I will tell her too.

I don't know what she told her SO if anything ... I never asked.

Carl.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast