+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've finally figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I tend to be a little bit the same way because I am on the shy side. Are you shy, too or maybe your seriousness can be explained solely by your anxiety about not having had a boyfriend?
    I think a lot of it is probably the anxiety. I'm also a little shy.

Being described as "serious" has had an effect on me in the last week or so, to be honest. In a good way, I think. I've been a little more chatty and tried to let my silly side loose. It will take some more doing but I think it's a start. So thanks!

I think your hobbies are good. Maybe when you get home you can try something out that is more interactive though, and perhaps a bit more physical? (The hiking is good - maybe you can look for some sort of hiking club, but I'm not sure about the age/gender demographics that would appeal to.)
    Yeah, physical activity would be good for me anyway. I have a potential date to play Frisbee with a friend of a friend (guy) this week. And when I get to NM I will be surrounded by people who love to hike so that's good. I'm involved in an informal "outing-club" here where we go on pretty low-key walks around various more rural parts of the city, but I think both the guys who go are gay.

Edit: I realized something else. It's not whether I can have a serious conversation with a guy that determines or indicates the chemistry or connection. It's whether we can have a casual conversation that's pleasant and enjoyable. I can have a serious conversation with anyone. In fact, sometimes it's easier to start a serious conversation with someone when you have nothing else to talk about. But it's nice to be able to just banter and chat about random things with people instead of having serious conversations all the time.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 09-03-09 at 07:18 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12