+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is it possible to last so long?

i do love how people on here are able to make me chuckle at myself, my questions seem so ridiculous really, cheers (no sarcasm btw)

Many couples marry their first love & still keep it going strong. Take my parents for example.

Simply it has to do how they're raised, their culture & religion. Not everyone become Americanize & have to date many partners in order to find their true love.

It's not possible to be together happy forever because at some point one of you will die.

Erase 'forever' from your vocabulary.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    It's not possible to be together happy forever because at some point one of you will die.

Erase 'forever' from your vocabulary.
    For some people "forever" is till they die
    And I won't erase it, no way. It's such a cool word.
    4EVER, forever, FOR EVEREVEREVER
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    For some people "forever" is till they die
    And I won't erase it, no way. It's such a cool word.
    4EVER, forever, FOR EVEREVEREVER
    Or until their partner dies and they spend their miserable old years living by themselves

Forever is an illusion used to fool people, it's not real
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Or until their partner dies and they spend their miserable old years living by themselves

Forever is an illusion used to fool people, it's not real
    Yeah,definately it's not for people like You who live in Matrix
    So,which pill did You take tonight,Neo?
    I wazzzz here

Just telling it how it is
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just telling it how it is
    For You. How it is for You.
    I prefer to be fatal romantico type ,than counting down the days till my "forever" will end up or/and I stay alone till the day I die .

And You know what? I never watched Matrix till the end. It's freaking boring and I felt aleep each time I tried to watch this.
    I wazzzz here

For You. How it is for You.
    How it is for everyone.

But sure, live in a dream world if you want to.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

But sure, live in a dream world if you want to.
    Oh I love it. Unicorns,rainbows,butterflies
    I wazzzz here

Whether or not this relationship will last very long isn't really the issue. Any chance a relationship has is sabotaged by worries about its inevitable end. Focus on making it work, don't worry too much about what tomorrow may bring... just focus on keeping each other happy in a functioning relationship. If it doesn't work out... then it's because there were fundamental differences between you --- NOT because you were so worried about the end that you created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In each relationship you have to give it your all... so that when you do encounter a relationship that can last for decades... you will have all the skills you need to maintain and keep it going. What you learn here can only bring you good later on (even the bad parts), because of what you've learn.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    How many people do you know that have met in high school and are still together 30 years later? It's not very likely to find that and that was at a time when divorce wasn't so prevalent.

Nowadays people get married too soon and with the wrong person. Even if high school relationships last to mid-20s it doesn't mean the relationship will last forever.
    I know a few of my parent's friends who are still married and were high school sweethearts. I'm only 23, so I don't know anyone my own age who has made it 30 years down the line, but I know two couples who made it from high school through college. Not married yet.

But I also know a lot of people in the world. That's why I said it was rare. And definitely not the path for most.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I have an example,maybe not 30 years later but read...
    My brother met this girl when he was 17.She was 15. They were both their first serious partners. Now he's 25,she's 23 if You can count They are married and have 10 months baby. There were ups and downs.Like in all normal relationships.
    Do You still think it's impossible to marry Your first gf,bf , and be more than 2-3 years together?
    There are many freaking things in the world.
    Sonrisa has right, why so funking bitter?
    I personally don't think You HAVE TO sleep with 10 guys or girls to find Your "happily ever after" . It can happen after first,second,third...Everything can happen
    I usually just fly by your posts since I have a hard time understanding your broken English, but since you quoted me I figured I'd spend my lunch break trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

Congratulations. I don't know either of them so I don't know what their relationship is like. But if you think marriage is a sign that a relationship is healthy and good then you're confused. How many dysfunctional relationships have you seen between two married people? And don't tell me that you would know if they had a dysfunctional marriage because that's not always true. I just recently discovered that my aunt and uncle have a pretty dysfunctional marriage and they've been together for over 20 years.

And I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's unlikely. The ratio of high school relationships that progress to marriage and last is very, very small. But if you ask anyone in one of those relationships... they'll more than likely say "we can make it forever!"
    I don't chase, I replace.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I usually just fly by your posts since I have a hard time understanding your broken English, but since you quoted me I figured I'd spend my lunch break trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

Congratulations. I don't know either of them so I don't know what their relationship is like. But if you think marriage is a sign that a relationship is healthy and good then you're confused. How many dysfunctional relationships have you seen between two married people? And don't tell me that you would know if they had a dysfunctional marriage because that's not always true. I just recently discovered that my aunt and uncle have a pretty dysfunctional marriage and they've been together for over 20 years.

And I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's unlikely. The ratio of high school relationships that progress to marriage and last is very, very small. But if you ask anyone in one of those relationships... they'll more than likely say "we can make it forever!"
    Sorry ,but if You're so sensitive than You don't have to read and answer my posts None will kill You

Where did I say,that marriage is a sign of healthy relationship? I just said my brother and his wife ARE high school sweethearts , and they somehow still are together after 8 years. IT'S POSSIBLE to have healthy marriage after this.I know many dysfunctional marriages. For example my parents. They also divorced after 20 years. And I can tell if my brother is happy with his wife, and that their marriage is healthy. Well not like You, how often do You see Your aunt and uncle? I'm sure not everyday.

Well whatever. I'm not going to discuss it with You.You seem to be convinced that You're infallible.
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 08-05-09 at 01:02 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Sorry ,but if You're so sensitive than You don't have to read and answer my posts None will kill You

Where did I say,that marriage is a sign of healthy relationship? I just said my brother and his wife ARE high school sweethearts , and they somehow still are together after 8 years. IT'S POSSIBLE to have healthy marriage after this.I know many dysfunctional marriages. For example my parents. They also divorced after 20 years. And I can tell if my brother is happy with his wife, and that their marriage is healthy. Well not like You, how often do You see Your aunt and uncle? I'm sure not everyday.

Well whatever. I'm not going to discuss it with You.You seem to be convinced that You're infallible.
    Are you dense?

I'm not saying that it's impossible. I'm saying it's rare. I don't give a **** if your brother and his wife are married for 50 years and have the most amazing relationship ever. It doesn't change the fact that it is still RARE.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast