+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I never thought I'd be "the other woman".

This guy is living the life. He found a loophole how to stay married and have lots of sex as well. So what if it takes a bit of acting.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I kinda admire him actually.

**** that.
    even being with someone who's married, i wouldn't do it no matter how much i liked the person.

Yes. He just needs to make the choice to do so. Custody will definitely be a sticky issue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    Unfortunately, when divorce takes place, if one of the partners has cheated, they loose many many rights in the divorce. He does have a lot to loose if it ends like that, not just kids but money and possessions as well. It depends on lawyers and judges but cheaters really do never prosper and the law in marriage makes sure of that.

You knew what you were getting yourself into. From the amount of time he spends with you and talking to you, he may really care, but... do you want to be that woman that splits the family up?

Let's say, he does leave her. He has kids. So kids come over to hang with their dad and his mistress who ****ed their family. Sound like a happy picture? Not so much. He has children with this woman, and it sounds like he will choose them over you. Most parents would, don't take it personally. But, this situation can never end well. And there are children involved. It sucks that their marriage sucks, and probably isn't better for the kids necessarily, but putting them through a custody battle would be hell on earth. He would resent you for the headache/heartache. How old are the kids by the way?
    I understand. But, lots of people with kids get divorced. I think eventually the situation would work out with the custody issue. One kid is 10 years old and the other is 8 months. So, I'm sure the 10-year-old can see what goes on at home. She's seen her parents seperate and get back together 3 times already. I just don't know. This is a horrible situation.

So you've made a decision to be the woman he's now with in a few years time "if everything works out well" then?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'm beginning to think most people have kids just to keep their partner closer to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by forget.regret View Post
    I understand. But, lots of people with kids get divorced. I think eventually the situation would work out with the custody issue. One kid is 10 years old and the other is 8 months. So, I'm sure the 10-year-old can see what goes on at home. She's seen her parents seperate and get back together 3 times already. I just don't know. This is a horrible situation.
    It is horrible. And yes, people w/kids get divorced. But his order of operations is out of whack. He should divorce and get custody sorted out *before* having an affair. Which wouldn't be an affair then, of course.

You need to step away from all this. Do you really want to have contributed to a failed marriage in any way? If you carry on, you are responsible, no buts about it. This karma will come back to bite you, it always does.

Good luck. See if you can't screw up the courage to do what's right. No guy is worth losing your self-respect and morals for.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

you're fuked.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12