+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A series of questions/comments to kick it off..

I'd love to visit Florida. I've been in the southwest all my life so I'm used to the sunny weather and I appreciate the sun, even if I see it 360 days out of the year. Much like a rich kid who doesn't take his priviliged life for granted. But here it's dry, as they say. Though this year is record breaking as far as the amount of rainfall we're getting. I'm sure with the rain we've gotten this season we've surpassed the past 5 years combined!

As far as school, I'm at the point where it sounds really good to go back to school for a while and do something I'm more interested in than engineering. I only went into that field because I was good at math and there's a good job market for it and to exploit that while not totally hating what I do. Now I don't see myself in engineering for the rest of my life. I'd like to go back to school and open up new avenues, but the timing has to be right and now is not the right time. I'll have to be as patient as I've been my whole life. I can wait.

But while in school I did something I would suggest against now. I rushed through it, trying to bust out the degree ASAP so I can hurry up and get on the the next phase of my life. But that totally burns you out and you really don't enjoy your time at school as I see you are doing. Good for you.

My sister is actually in the medical field..or trying to get there, rather. She's in a respiratory program and currently doing some clinicals at hospitals. I tell you, she comes home with some stories. Will you actually be working with patients or just developing the technology?

Happy early b-day. 24 is special because...because...well because "what's my name again" by Blink 182 won't apply to you anymore.

Take care..thanks for responding, Blue.

By the way..if you love yellow so much, why is your name blue? Maybe you also like blue..in which case green must be really great for you...mix yellow and blue, get green, best of both worlds!

One more Q: Sometimes I'm writing one of my ultra long posts and by the time I want to post, I'm having to log in again. What's the inactivity time-out limit before I'm booted out? Is there a way to change this?

Nomas, it took me 10 minutes to check out your pics! Were you bored today or what? J/K!

Very cool pictures...and youre hair! Ok gotta now why you decided to buz it off? That mustve taken some heroism that day!

Anyway~cool pictures, you guys look like you have a lot of fun!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Yup, we have fun. Those guys are my real buddies. They live in Chihuahua and I live in the states and here where I live I don't really have that quality of friends to hang out here. I go places alone a lot around here..but I blame this on other factors that are about to change..we'll see.

Hair:

I grew it out for two years! From summer 2001 to summer 2003 when I buzzed it. I guess the photos aren't in order..I tried to put in the comments the approximate (if not exact) dates they were taken because some of the pics are kinda old. I mainly wanted to show the different looks because I like to keep changing it up..on facial hair it's easy because a couple of weeks will give me the bearded look and a couple of minutes can change that to the goat-T, beardless or inbetweens. But growing my hair is a totally different beast because as you could tell I've got really really curly hair and it doesn't really look long unless I've got braids or if it's really long. Also I'm growing it out again starting right now.

I cut it because at the time (2003) my plans were to seek a job in Chihuahua to relocate there for a while, but those plans fell through and got postponed until next year at least so I can grow my hair again, and there's no limit to how long I'll keep it out since my plan is to have a little adventure after I quit here next year. In other words, I'm not going to seek out a professional position..well, not if it takes away from my freedom..but I guess I'd have to weigh the choices when the time comes.. but for the time being I'm thinking I'll be free to have long hair and have odd jobs to help me survive.

So you actually saw the pics. You're on top of everything! Or is it your job as a mod? Naw, I wasn't so much bored as COMITTED. Come on, let's use those positive words! I figured that if I was going to be serious, I should post pics too. Pics are fun, I like to see them, so I'll be fair and not keep you guessing as to what I look like.

It only took me a couple of minutes to upload, though. I take advantage of the fast LAN at work. But don't tell my bosses.

Youre funny! Nah~I like to check the gallery to see if any of the newcombers posted pics, I do check several times of week, not just because its part of the job, I love lookin at pictures, theyre fun to put a face to whose posting in here. We didnt always have that option. Hell just a few months ago, someone decided to post a pic in a thread and kinda grew from there and the administration put up the gallery, which is awesome! Unfortanetly I cant upload any photos right now, did awhile ago-til my comp crashed and now I cant. Administration is working on it. Damn too~cause Ive got some great new pics to put up!

Ok so the hair thing is important to you? Thats awesome. I thought it was great how you could change out your look so quickly. If only some of us women could do that! I mean the growing out part, changing of color is easy, the grown out kills me.

Oh by the way, if ya havent noticed im from FL too, there are a few us who live down in the HUMID part of the country. Someday Im going to meet Jules! Shes awesome! Fl gots some great points of interests. I love it here! The more sun the better for me. I hate the snow or anything to do with the cold! Oh yuk.

I met Iron through here...how strange that was how we came to meet. He hasnt been on much lately...but hes a major fitness man! Hes kinda like our forums leader on fitness and health. Hes my sweetie pie if ya havent seen that on here thorugh our little flirts now and then.

Ok Breezy will be along, shes from Canada, awesome too! You met Jane~mod. Gonna meet those two too someday...hell I better get a second job to pay for these meetings! Anyway-looks like youre going to be able to contribute some HEALTHY fun and constructive posts, that will be nice to read! HAve fun!!!

Hey Nomas! Welcome to our happy little group. You, my friend, sound cool as hell! A bit verbose, but FUN! I kid! You will love it here when we get a really good thread going. You know guys, that's one thing sweetie was good at. Starting threads that kept going and going and going and going........sorry. LoL I am in Canada. But, not in an igloo, teepee or wigwam though. A real and for true house! With running water and everything. (What's that aboot, eh Zekk?)
    I look forward to talking with you at length in the future!
    Cheers!!!

Cool, nother Canadian.

Verbose huh? You know, english was my second language and this may be a case of overcompensation. Again I'm ambitious as far as trying to be really good in everything I do, so I'm probably just trying to prove to myself and the world that I learned to spoke gud inglich. Don't you just hate admitting your own flaws? That's where these things help me. Writing stuff down has always helped me explain things about myself, and being at the safety of a just a written post makes it that much easier to be sincere to yourself.

Ha ha..funny that I'm also already defined as somewhat fun and funny (talking to you squirley). I have not yet began to joke, heh, heh!!

Yeah..I picked up a little something about the squirley/Ironlift vibes. Esp since I saw the pics of you 2 together. Is he from Florida too?? Don't answer if it's none of my business, but out of curiosity, are you two an item? Like seriously dating? But yeah, the dude's ripped and inderstandibly proud of his bod. Plus he's a musician which is my number one passion! I own easily over 300, maybe over 400 CDs.

So being in FL, have you learned how to salsa dance from the Cubans? Man I love those salsa beats and the dancing and the spinning and...and I gotta go put on some music.

Till tomorrow...

Yea this is a good place to see or be to told your flaws thats for sure! I think youre funny Nomas just by some of your statements! Dont know if it was intended to be, but came off as! Looking forward to your jokster side then..

Iron is in GA. Na, I dont mind talkn about him, hell we were pretty open on this forum! Its where we met! Yes, we are an item. But let me tell ya, when we started talkn I was not they type of person to do internet dating, and we started as a friends which was even cooler. But, eventually we wanted to meet, and OMG I let him come to my house at like 1:00 am! So he shows up and the rest has been wonderful! I adore him! He doesnt get to the boards that often anymore, too damn busy at work, his co-employees dont do their damn jobs! You guys could talk for hours about music then...and as far as his body, well holy hell, to see it in certain pics is one thing, but to see and touch is definetly another...

Ok~so I love to dance, and want to learn salsa...I think its the most sensual form of dance! I had a neighbor who won contests in it, and we've talked so many times about her teaching me, but shes since moved. Im in a crappy area here in FL, there are no classes for salsa, its all retirees in Citrus County! But someday Nomas I WILL learn to Salsa!

[QUOTE=
    By the way..if you love yellow so much, why is your name blue? Maybe you also like blue..in which case green must be really great for you...mix yellow and blue, get green, best of both worlds![/QUOTE]
    well my favorite color is yellow, but sedaline blue holds alot of sentimental value for me. Green is a great color also.
    I will be working with patients & drs of course, im excited in another 12 weeks ill be in clinicals.

Ah..now I see it. I guess I did make a funny back when I responded to Blue..but I didn't go back to see it until I went back and read once blue wrote back. By the way, blue, my favorite color is brown. I thought I'd throw that in since a lot of people find that strange..maybe it is an unusual choice. But when I have a clearly defined favorite on something I'm really excited about it. I guess it's because I'm not passionate on too many things and I wish I was. Passions are a spice of life (not THE, just "a"). So I like brown, the number 3, and my favorite artist is Alejandro Sanz. These are clear favorites. Next come the Lakers..which are a definite favorite, but I consider them an artificial passion. One I just created because I wanted to be passionate about it...but at the same time I put things in perspective. If they loose (which they did) I'm not going to cut my veins..but I did get bummed out for a while. And it was cool that this passion I built served it's purpose: how?? well, enough people recognized my passion for the Lakers that, though I don't get calls on my birthday or if I graduate or do something good, my home phone and cell phone rang off the hook as soon as the Lakers lost just so that all my friends could laugh at me. It was great...made me feel like the passion was there due to the RESPONSE it caused. Does that make sense??

So what was I talking about?? Ah, yes..addressing everything..

One thing I forgot to mention before: when you (squirley) said I'd probably contribute some "HEALTHY" posts, I couldn't help but think "conservative". Not that it's a bad thing, but here's the situation: By US standards, I was brought up quite conservative in terms of family values and religion. By Mexican standards we were pretty well moderate or moderate liberal..but at least for my Mom a lot of the stereotypes associated with hispanics are true: the superstitions, the blind faith in the Catholic Church..some of those things. I was a good son to my Mom in this respect. Once I got to working and had some exposure to other view points I started questioning some of my customs and when there were no better answers than "that's the way it is..that's the way we've always done it" is when I started declaring myself a liberal by US standards. But..easier said than done, my friend. I find it difficult to change certain things. I feel out of place and to some degree hipocritical...a pretender, pretending to be something I'm not..there's still a little voice in my head that I've built a reputation for years of a certain pattern of behavior which, if I stray from the path, it may disillusion a lot of people. But my reasons for my actions are now warranted by logic, not by tradition, so...anyway..that's just a little dilema that keeps my brain muscles as fit as Iron's pecs..but right it's all good. I'm in control, make no mistake.. so I vented a little, but I can really get carried away if I wrote down everything that's on Fred's head.. By the way, that's my name, if you care to know: Freddie. I don't mind you call me whatever you want, but it was funny to have been addressed as "Nomas" since I've never really had a nickname before that's stuck. Freddie isn't a nickname..that's my legal name...weird, no? My friends did call me Simba or Mufasa for a while when I had the hair going...but it didn't stick.

Well, I want to write more..but I'll break it up into 2 so that you can take a bathroom break.

INTERMISSION...

comercial ads: Drink Sprite!! No wait..Kobe doesn't drink sprite anymore.. Buy Addidas...wait..that contract got terminated too...

see what you can cause with such a simple word as "HEALTHY"? a post so long that it makes me log in again because I surpassed the inactivity timeout. Now I went ahead and clicked "remember me on this computer" and maybe that will help some.

Salsa dancing. When you're into the music and you're lucky enough to have rhythm built in already..in the blood I mean.. the dancing comes more naturally and you have more fun with it. Or maybe specific kinds of dancing...because while I can dance certain types of music, I don't think I can do the hip-hop dancing worth a crap. But I haven't done it a whole lot. I'm confident that as with anything, practice will make perfect. But if you want to talk about sensual dancing, my lady, look no further than hip hop. If sensual is interchangeable with erotic. It is easy to see why I wish I got out and tried it more often..the erotic element for the dude is clear..you've got a girl rubbing up right onto the man's most erogenous zone (excluding the brain)..but what do girls get out of it. My guess is that it's the way they know they've got the dude all into them for the moment..Everyone loves attention and if the girl is dancing with an obviously very happy guy, they KNOW they've got his undivided attention. Man, I really should get out more. Again..hate to admit it, but I guess I've exhibited some antisocial behavior. I haven't partied near the average dude my age. I've just recently, with the whole thing I talked about, am trying to get out more. But I don't think my social skills are hurting.. Some things you can hide well by just having studied the theory, i.e. living the party life through movies and TV..makes you savvy to some degree, but as for practical practice..I'm hurting I guess.

..but back to Salsa dancing. Down here the "Cumbia" is big. To me it's all one and the same. The rhythm portion of the music is the same. Basically the same counts, though some faster than others..some slower. But I figure that the moves are pretty much the same. The spins (which is my favorite part..the fun part) are the same for Salsa, cumbia, vallenato, merengue, ...obviously your limbs only bend in certain directions so the moves will be the same, with just slightly different rhythms and maybe footwork, but as I said, if you got the rhythm in you, you can have fun and not look like a total doofus out there with the turns and spins, even if you're not following the "proper" form of the dance. Choreography I don't like as much. And Tango I'm just lost in unless it IS choreographed..but I have no repect for choreography dancing because I think anyone can do that.. it's just memory.. wait, I take that back..not EVERYONE one can do it. In fact..some is pretty tough..like jazz dancing. So there, I take it back and I should expect no angry choreographers telling me off.

By the way..why is it that only women have responded to this post? Aside from me, of course, I think only women have responded. Maybe this is the chick flick of threads with not a shred of testosterone. Not that I care what anyone thinks or believes but I am heterosexual. Really the only person that I care believes in my heterosexuality is the girl I date/marry. Actually, even then I don't care that she thinks I'm gay..so long as I still get the benefits and privileges..ha ha.. Come on..we're ALL just PEOPLE.. I'm all for equality..but there are some romantic elements to chivalry and the flip side for women and...well, that can open up a whole big can of worms. really that should be another thread.

I'm done.
    Freddie

*claps for freddie*

Okay~now I dont have a bone in body that can get my hips to swivel right! damn that drives me nuts, but I have yet to have someone SHOW me or teach me, so maybe I'll get the hang of it. I love dancin to hip hop. Cant shake that ass like some gals, but shoot Id love too! The merengue is definetly on the top of my lists of dances to learn. Freddie~if I were to compare sensuality of hip hop vs salsa, IMHO~ salsa tops! Its the way the body moves, yea in hip hop with pump'n grind'n thats erotic, like dancn to Nelly's latest "Drop down and get your Eagle on..." oh yea! There again, thats just down "get ****d" music! Salsa=Making love...this is only my opinion though!

As far as the guys~most of them won't take the time to read long posts, they see it and find short ones to reply to with the exception of a couple of a guys, which one hasnt been around lately(Innova) hes awesome! It depends on what people are in the mood for...lots of people try to bring different things to the boards, cause it gets monotous reading the SAME dilemmas over and over again...

But I'd be interested in hearing about your view point on chivalry for sure...the romantic part that is...and if you feel you want to start another thread...by all mean go to it!

Oh when I say HEALTHY, yes constructive comments, opinions, and or advice that is WORTH reading and thinking about...you dont come across as a know it all, youre fresh to the boards and its nice! Someone whose not egotistical or thinks they know it all...youre laid back and easy to talk with! ITS NICE to communicate like civil people, cause we've had our spats in this place...I normally dont get involved with those~stay out unless its something I strongly believe in, then Im involved.

Thanks for finally joining and adding to the forum!!!

Oh, no, Squirley! You gotta have the swivel! In the latin swing it's essential that you have a good sense of the the side to side swivel! I'd have to see what you got, but I know you can get it. Everyone can. For some it takes more effort than others, but as in everything, you work at it, you achieve it.

Well, yeah, maybe erotic doeesn't equal sensual...so you're right, maybe "the hip hop music" isn't really that sensual..but in that case I believe Tango is way more sensual. Maybe it's just my style of dancing. I like the fast, loose dancing. Nonstop turns, then I get into some fast turns, afterwards I'll top it off with faster turns, ha ha.. I got way too much energy.

You know, you're right. Honestly, even I fall victim to this. On long posts I get lazy and not read them all the way through. I guess part of it is I don't know who's going to be serious and who's just going to come up with something that seems suspect. But as I get to know the group I'll definitely learn to recognize what I may find interested based on whether one of you responded or initiated the thread. I'll definitely place stock into anything anyone who posted on this one has to say.

Chivalry..really, you want me to go there?? Okay..check the next post...I'll write a lil sumpin.

Uh yea...I need to learn to swivel those hips

Yea I want you to go into Chivalry! HOP to it, I'll read it in an hour when youre done!

ha ha..in an hour..I can type faster than that..just that in between internet entertainment I do some real work here at work..you know, just to keep up with the weekly reports, hee hee..but I'll get to it soon..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast