+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I got a kick out of this...

I got a kick out of this...

Ok, so as a gentleman, I sent a nice email to my ex wishing her happy valentine's day and truthfully wasn't expecting anything back. However, to my surpise, she wrote back, but it was kinda funny. her last remarks were "your friend always"...and to make matters even more interesting, she wrote a P.S. saying that her computer has been acting up and she may have a virus...she asked if I would fix it but then did the whole "if not, no worries" thing. I'm a computer techy so it's no surprise, but I'm not the ONLY techy. Anyway, I told some friends and they think she's trying to keep me on the "hook". For those that know, she also asked me if I would still go to a Gala with her after her partner cancelled last minute. I said NO! (of course in a nicer way). I just want to know what you make out of it? One friend even said it's an excuse for her to "see" me...I'm not an analyst or anything...but it seems sorta strange she'd include that in an email...I want to see what you have to say.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, looks like she might, but you seem sane so I don't suppose you're gonna go chasin' after her, best just to stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Yeah, looks like she might, but you seem sane so I don't suppose you're gonna go chasin' after her, best just to stay away.
    No...I'm not going to chase after her...trust me on that...I just wanted people's opinions on what she said.

I'm sure it's happened with women too.. Those untraveled venues....
    Perhaps she curious as to how you been, perhaps more importantly, what you've been up to.

You know we could just be over analyzing it too haha...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenrick285
    You know we could just be over analyzing it too haha...
    No we're not over analyzing...C1, if you could, bring her in here for questioning, we must get to the bottom of this.

No we're not over analyzing...C1, if you could, bring her in here for questioning, we must get to the bottom of this.
    Alright. I'm on top of that. Actually just to give you all an update. So I signed on to MSN later that day talking away with friends and sure enough, she msn me for help. So as a nice guy I give her what I have to offer at that moment, but told her I needed to take a look at it, just not now. Well you wouldn't believe what she told me. I will quote...

"you know what, i don't mean to be blunt, but i was hoping that this breakup wouldn't end up this way...after 3 years...i thought we could be civil and still be able to help each other with things...but i guess not". Yeah that's her quoting to me.

So this is what I said back..."I understand how you feel, but honestly it's not a walk in the park for me either...you were once in my position and now it's reversed...I have to do what's best for me to move on...I told you that I can help you, but not now...that doesn't mean NEVER...I'm sorry you feel this way...3 years is long...you're right...I wanted to work things out...I wanted to fix things...but it's not a one way street...it's two...I'm truly sorry you feel this way"

Anyway, just showed me the maturity level this is at. But by the end of the conversation she ended up apologizing and saying she was stressed about her email not working. Now this is where again I want to reconfirm my initial post with her missing me. Any thoughts?

Sounds like she was expecting something and didn't get it... ie. Drop everything you're doing and focus all your attention on me?

But if she said that out of no where, out of the blue... wow heh... Gotta wonder how "I'm busy, but when I get the time I'll check out the computer" correlates to "I hate you, I don't want to help you. I'm angry."

I think I would agree with you in that she might miss you. But you probably already know this but a lot of is lost when you're communicating through written text, probably 90% of it anyways.

I do give her points for being straight forward and speaking her mind... If more women would just be more "blunt"

Quote Originally Posted by Jenrick285
    I do give her points for being straight forward and speaking her mind... If more women would just be more "blunt"
    I totally agree with this. In a sense I was more relieved. If there is one thing she has been this whole time it was her honesty and telling me her thoughts. She used to hold things back and kept it all nested up inside. I told her to get out of her nutshell, and eventually she did so this is very true.

On the flip side, I'm sick and tired of playing the games. If she wants me back, she'll just have to straight out say it instead of giving me hints. I'll decide what to do from there. Most people will say that I'm harsh. But in reality, it's the only way to keep me strong. I'm still curious to hear what others have to say though.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just wanna say I approve of the way you're dealing with this. ::claps::

I just wanna say I approve of the way you're dealing with this. ::claps::
    Thanks Frasbee...I'm just looking out for myself.

Question? Does it have to be an all or nothing. My theme today on all my posts have been people should hang out with people they like. And when overtime you enjoy someone then you move towards intimacy. Can't you just hang out? Or was there a really nasty divorce thing where she took your wallet and left you with a shoe box. When things don't work out, but there isn't some nasty scene and she didn't screw you best friend and run around town telling people (Maybe the person needed to leave town for a great job,) can't people just like each other. You recent ex still seems to care... I don't know... It probably wouldn't hurt to drink a cup of coffe with her. I mean it probably would depend on how your relationship ended.

Well it ended off on good terms. Right now, I'm just in this whole if I see her, I will probably break down stage and that's probably the main reason why I can't be friends. Going out for coffee will probably do more damage than none and that's why I need to just back off and take more time. Sure she may seem to care. In most cases, exes do...but to look out for myself, I have to say stay away until I know I will be ok seeing her. That's all.