+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would YOU want to know if your boyfriend cheated?

To answer the question, in all honesty. people coming clean about a random night of casual sex that meant nothing, with someone you'll never see again, does much more harm than good.

I wouldn't tell and I wouldn't want to be told. But I would hope that I or my s/o, whomever did the cheating would honestly move on if they didn't want to be committed and faithful.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    cheating ain't no thing.

Bunch of f-cking drama queens.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Artagnan88 View Post
    I will NEVER cheat on her again. This incident showed me just exactly how important she is to me. She's my entire life.
    I don't believe you and I don't even know you. But if she really is that important to you then you will respect her right to know what happened and tell her.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i cheated many years ago when i was young, dumb, and stupid...i loved my gf at the time but i did it anyways. After it happened, i never felt so guilty in my life and it turned me into a different person. My GF(at the time) was soooo good to me and i did this to her. I had to break up with her because of my guilt and when she said y, i told her what happened...to this day...i have never cheated again!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sometimes the hardest part isn't saying GoodBye, Its waking up the next morning knowing that its TRUE" -AR

" When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want your life to start as soon possible" -?

"Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die" -James Dean

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The entire time I knew what I was doing was extremely wrong.
    So^, you don't even get the excuse of hotheadedness that your SN might suggest.

You cheated by choice. Now comes time to pay the piper. She will dump you, or she won't, unless you try to hide it. Are you a lying cheater?

Did you at least wear a condom? Or are you a stupid, lying cheater also?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

My girlfriend is out of town for school. A few nights ago I was hanging out with some friends who just happened to be girls. We got extremely drunk, and one of them ended up coming home with me, partly because she doesn't live in town and needed a place to stay. We ended up having sex. The entire time I knew what I was doing was extremely wrong. I am in love with my girlfriend and thought I respected her. But I'm also in love with having sex, and had not done so for a long time before this incident.
    I will NEVER cheat on her again. This incident showed me just exactly how important she is to me. She's my entire life. But.... the question is: Should I tell her what happened? Or let bygones be bygones, and vow to be faithful?

Thank you for your feedback.
    Gee, a lot of people on here are being awfully nice to you. I won't;

You're a ****ing weasel. Love? Respect? Faithfulness? Hahahaha, don't take the meanings away from these words. Drunkenness is the weakest of excuses for cheating. In vino veritas. You acted out on your true intentions by cornholing your bimbo friend. BTW what kind of 'friend' would get in the way of her friend's relationship like this? "I will *NEVER* cheat on her again," yeah right, weasel. Alibis.

Your mistakes should be carved on your forehead.

I have a feeling my take on this is going to be a bit different and might not be popular, but here goes. As long as it was a one-time thing, I wouldn't want to know. Why? Because as long as she realizes internally that what she did was wrong and doesn't do it again, I don't need to hear about it. It's going to do more harm than good between us for her to tell me if she in all honesty is never going to do it again. Anyone, even really good people, can have a moment of weakness and do something stupid. As long as that's what it is and not something that is a core trait of the person, then I don't want to hear about it. If it's happening over and over, you better tell me and you better expect to never see me again.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What would you put up his backside if he cheated and didn't tell you? A fir tree? A rabid weasel?

Me, I'd probably go for the hot poker followed by a porcupine.

Oh, you mean like my ex-husband did? Well, unfortunately all he got was a divorce.

Given the chance again, I'd probably go with the thorny branch up the backside, followed by a jar of salt.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by achilles9 View Post
    I have a feeling my take on this is going to be a bit different and might not be popular, but here goes. As long as it was a one-time thing, I wouldn't want to know. Why? Because as long as she realizes internally that what she did was wrong and doesn't do it again, I don't need to hear about it. It's going to do more harm than good between us for her to tell me if she in all honesty is never going to do it again. Anyone, even really good people, can have a moment of weakness and do something stupid. As long as that's what it is and not something that is a core trait of the person, then I don't want to hear about it. If it's happening over and over, you better tell me and you better expect to never see me again.
    You're kidding right?

Not at all. Think about it like this. She messed up. She knows that it will never happen again. And I mean this, like this was literally a one-time thing that she actually knows will never happen again. Now, if she tells me, I'm going to be pretty pissed, might end things with her, and certainly am going to be more suspicious in the future no matter what she tells me, which is going to put our whole relationship on edge. Or she could not tell me, which will keep things fine between us. People aren't perfect. They make mistakes. I'm not saying to go out and start hooking up with people behind each other's back. I'm saying that if it happens once and you know it won't happen again, then I don't need to know about it. It's a non-issue to me.

my gf cheated on me but I stayed with her...

still, my gf and you, are both stupid. I'm too laidback to deal with going after other women. I already have one. Why do I need more? Keep your stuff in your damn pants, be a man.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I put up with that shit in one relationship, and I'll never do it again.

You let them get away with it once, and they always do it again. I have seen nothing to prove otherwise.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I couldn't forgive so easily when I was cheated on.
    It broke the trust, it created some insecurity.
    He was irresponsible and immature.

bluesummer, sometimes they change. Maybe not the guys, but maybe women?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles9 View Post
    ...a person who cheats in a moment of weakness is lets say 'just human' but may want to tell the truth because it was a mistake.... a person who cheats over and over is hardly going to pour their heart out now are they?

I think the GF should be allowed to choose her own fate, and not have it maniuplated by lies and deciet, if OP is really a genuine person and it was a one time thing, she should be the judge of that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast