+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Visual vs Cerebral

Accually its 3-1, not 7-1.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

3-1 would seem more believable.. I heard 6 or 7 to 1 from someone..I forget exactly where, so that was meant to be taken with a grain of salt...but I was pretty sure you outnumbered us. Maybe those figures were specific to a country, I don't know. Is the 3-1 the world-wide ratio??

Freddie

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think that it's even 3-1. however the birth rates among males to females are for every 106 males, there are about 100 females born. so worldwide, i would think that the population is near one to one. this is probably considering that china is ****ing up the counts to when they kill their baby girls. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I think it's about 1:1. Here in my country it's about 51:49.

Man, then I'm WAY off on that analysis. Why have I always heard that there are more males? Is this only in the western countries? Has anybody done the research? Any credible sources of info??

Freddie

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    world wide, the ratio is pretty close 1:1. raverboy

Credible source of info: the UN website. The ratio is 102 males for every 100 females. And oops... in Singapore it's actually 101 males for every 100 females, not the 98:100 I thought it was. In the USA it's 97 males for every 100 females. And yes, China and India are screwing the counts with 106 males to every 100 females.

Actually the 1:3 thingey is the male:female SUICIDE ATTEMPT ratio. (ouch!)

Yeah, but overall there are still more female then male in the world.

Also reverse the 3-1 from attempt in to successful in Suicides in favor of the male (Now thats ouch).

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Hmm, I'm not so sure about SUCCESSFUL suicides. But according to the UN there are more males than females. 102:100

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    wow actually females have more attempts than males do?? shit we have to drink more often, then maybe we'd have the bigger balls. raverboy

I agree that women are definitely more cerebral and men more visual. If I were standing next to a knockout, a guy wouldn't even notice me, although I'm intelligent and fun and she might be dumber than a rock. So the way I handle it is:

1. Don't stand next to the knockout

2. I don't base attraction on the first impression. I may not look perfect next to somebody else, but most men I know, even if they find a girl incredibly attractive, when they spend enough time with her to realize that maybe she isn't worth so much on the inside, they'll usually drop her. The same goes for me - I may not knock them over with my looks, but after the chance to spend a little time with them, and allowing them to get to know my personality, that attracts the (right kind of) guy to me even if he didn't do a double-take when he first saw my face.

But at the same time - there really does have to be some physical attraction. I can think a guy has the greatest personality in this hemisphere, and if I can't stand to look at him, then there's just nothing there. It goes both ways
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

In my point of view I find that both women and men are visual. At least to begin with anyways. Your first impression of a person is the first time you see them. You notice clothes, facial features, etc. Then in your mind, you either make a decision on what is best attractive or whether you find the medicore looking guy hiding in the corner to be mysterious & intriguing. Its all in your head. We all have our preferences and looks do have some form of priority for everyone.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

To an extent everyone judges based on appearences, particulary with clothing. How you dress expresses parts of your personalety. So someone could easely look at you and chose you over the 'knockout' based on what they think your personalety might be because of how you dress.

And if you are going to concentrate purely on appearences, there are alot of guys that would prefer a natural look over a fake one.

I realy dont like the whole 'sexy' look thing, it just doesnt seam right to me (mini skirts, low cut tops, high heels .etc) but those fantasy dresses you sometimes see elfs like Arwen from LOTR make me melt.
    Having said that, I guess your right, we are more visual...
    What a shameful revelation

LOL

Nothing wrong with being visual, it's just the way some people are wired - some women as well.

I don't think dressing sexy or dressing down makes someone that much more or less attractive. Most men I know don't go for the bar-slut look. It really is about how well you take care of yourself and your natural looks.
    After all, an extremely attractive person who dresses like a slob and doesn't brush her teeth or hair, isn't extremely attractive anymore.
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

I say almost all, if not all humans are visual. Like Elysium said, if you can't stand to look at someone how could you go on in a relationship with him/her? Imagine if you feel like puking when you look at your partner's face. The only thing you can do then is wish you were Hal in Shallow Hal AFTER he got hypnotised.

And I agree, most men do not go for the bar slut look. Especially here in Singapore where people are in general very conservative. I mean, we don't even dare to stand up to our government! There are NO strikes! The laws are VERY strict! And that's only the beginning of it... Pros and cons to that I'd say

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast