+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What could I have done that was sooooo ****ing bad?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Um yeah it's over and it didn't even start.

Dude, you fail.
    What do you think I should have done?

Well, you want to come off as attractive, right? Getting huffy and giving her the cold shoulder because you feel slighted by something that MAY have been a misunderstanding is not attractive behavior. You guys don't know each other that intimately yet, so deciding that she's a liar is pretty harsh. Like I said, she doesn't owe you a time stamp on every one of her activities. She's trying to live her life, you should too.

Now, if you want to get back in after already giving her the cold shoulder, you might try approaching her by saying, "Hey, sorry if I seemed unlike myself the other day. I have stuff on my mind." Which you do! Hopefully, if she is into you, she'll inquire if you want to talk about it. Maybe you can even ask to see her tattoo again, which will show you are interested in something about her.

i'm sorry to hear that man. i think tho u didnt do anything wrong. it was HER fault for lying to u in the first place. and dont let this weigh u down. u'll b able to find a way better girl that wont lie to u.

Okay, enough bullshit. I'm going to give you all some more info...

First of all, we're both young. I'm 19 and she's 18 (PLEASE FACTOR THIS IN). I've been getting advice from different people. Some guy friends have been telling me to act polite, but uninterested in what she says for 1-3 weeks to see what she does, so if she did lose interest this could possibly increase interest and attraction (I do not want to be in the dreaded friend zone, either) because she may wonder why I would go from nice guy who talks to her multiple times (going out of my way) during my workout, to just saying hi and bye (with a smile) but not going out of my way to talk to her at all. That's why I said what I said to her. This was my initial question, what did I do to make her lose interest? I have an idea, but am not sure.

But I'm feeling like shit. I like her for more than just physical looks, and I know what I feel for her is more than just lust... And that's one reason why I am starting to re-think this 1-3 week "ignoring her to see if she talks to ME and is interested." The other reason is this, she has guys talking to her (possibly hitting on her) all the damn time every day while at work, AND she is dating another guy, so why in the living **** would she care if I (even though I was mr. nice and took her out on a date) starts to ignore her? In other situations where the girl wasn't surrounded by guys drooling over her, it would make sense to me, but I'm in the worst case scenario.

I wish I could turn a switch and turn off whatever is attracting me to her, because I really don't need this shit. I don't want to seem like a complete asshole and have her totally hate me, but I don't want to be a huge chump and go to ask her out again (knowing all this information) just to get rejected (look like an idiot, at least in my own mind) or used so she can tell her friends she scored some chump who pays for every date and asks her out even after she blows me off which gives her another "chump trophy" to add to her mental collection case.

I'm thinking that I was waaaaaay too nice to her (seriously, if she is dating a "thuggish guy" maybe she doesn't like nice guys).

you have to build attraction by giving her something to be attracted to. You can't establish that without talking and going out with her in some fashion.

Don't focus on buying stuff, that's definitely a chump thing to do. What's important is the time you spend trying to get to know her, and that shouldn't cost you anything. Grab a cup of coffee and go for a walk. Meander around the mall. There are plenty of things you can do without spending money on her while building some attraction - just don't think you can build it cuz you took her out once and then blew her off.

When you went out with her the first time did you have any chemistry going on? touchy feely flirting and whatnot or was it standing at a distance and just conversing to converse. Your gut probably knows if she was digging you or not.

Bets of luck, in the end there isn't really a fool-proof method because every girl is different. Just be fun and give her something to be attracted to and hope for the best. If you get rejected at least you can move on and know for sure - right now you're unsure. Bump into her at the gym and tell her she should take you out for pancakes some day in the future. Be creative.

Wow... Her friend talked to me and totally gave her up... Like everything I didn't want to know....

Her friend told me all this **** like she was in a relationship with a guy for 3 1/2 years, and the guy started to be a total weirdo ***-**** creep late into their relationship. I found out that she has slept with "only" (her friends words) three guys (not too bad... BUT SHE'S ONLY 18 AND MOVED DOWN HER NOT TOO LONG AGO). Oh, and the guy she is "dating," she isn't dating, she's just ****ing him. Also, since she was in a long relationship, she wants to be single. Told me that she is attracted to ***-****s who play hard to get and those dumbass games and ****, I'm not into games nor am I an ass-hole. So, this chick has low ass self esteem. Her friend was telling me all this **** about how I should ask her out again, and she's been telling her to go out with a nice guy, blah blah...

Oh, she blew me off that one day we were supposed to work out because she's embarrassed to work out with me. Supposedly she believes that I'd think she's fat or something. Oh my God, I'm going to be such a chump for going out with her again.

Oh my God, I'm going to be such a chump for going out with her again.
    Haha, if she seems like too much of a fixer-upper, then forget it. No harm done. See? She was nothing to get all up-in-arms about, just another chick with some more issues. Sounds like she's screwing this other dude as a confidence-booster. She'll find out that it'll do nothing for her self-esteem.

It's your move now. Most likely she's not going to listen to her friend that is referring to you as a nice guy, especially if this chick is into head games and playing hard-to-get. That is BS.

She may like you alot, espcially from what you were saying about flirting for a couple of months... It may be that she didn't want you to know that she was going out with her friend because she didn't want you to be thinking she could be meeting other people while she was out.
    Try putting it to one side and seeing if anything can be salvaged... if something is worth having its worth fighting for. Trust me. If she see's you are truly interested, she may open upto you alot more!

Bad update.... She said yes to going out today on Wednesday, so I called her to make sure, no answer. Texts me a couple minutes later that she's at work so I text back "just makin sure we still on 4 2nite." I get a long text back: "Actually I can't tonight. I forgot tonight was my mom and brothers last night here. I have to go out to dinner with them." Well, I'm totally done pursuing her after this. Why you ask am I being so brash?

Her myspace update says that she's hanging out with a friend.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trust your gut. She sounds like too much work and not compatible for you. Forget her & find someone more suitable.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I knew it was going to be awkward in the gym, but wow, it is awkward haha (don't really care though). Women truly are special. She's a ***** to me, and cancels on me, and she is acting like I did something wrong? Ignoring the **** out of me? Jesus, I have A LOT to learn about this special breed... I really don't know what this chick is playing. I'm about to leave the gym and always get a drink of water from the fountain before I leave, so I walk over there, and it seems like she purposely timed some **** out because she comes walking up behind me and says "Hey, what's up," I turned around and she has just made a call on her cell, and I just thought, "Wow, what is this ***** playing?"

Sounds sketchy to me. Don't risk being her plaything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12