+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm almost 19 and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm getting depressed about it.

21 and haven't had a relationship yet, and at one point I was in the gutters about it (notice the name "all alone and the date i joined these forums a few years back). But since then i've definitely made moves forward in just relaxing and learning to enjoy myself more and take a lot of pressure off myself. I'm in a great place right now. Trust me, you need to take time to just learn to be comfortable with yourself, because if your not, its hard for someone else to be as well.

well, you're a clear case of low seft-esteem and insecure. Love will craw its ways to you so dont need to be so depressed. Lift your spirit, believe in yourself
    keep it simple

Self-esteem isn't bragging about how great you are. It's more like quietly knowing that you're worth a lot (priceless, in fact!). It's not about thinking you're perfect — because nobody is — but knowing that you're worthy of being loved and accepted.

"Me, I try to send this note
    float it like a paper boat
    But paper sinks
    and words are weak
    i try, but i cant speak"

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    *muah*...

now you've been kissed by me!!

raverboy
    Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    This isn't going to be a helpful post but goddamn Brownhair, you're like the female version of me. Wanna meet up?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm almost 21 and never had a girlfriend or kiss either

Hook up!?>!??!?!??!!!!
    We need to start a Random Lonely Depressed People Hook-up thread.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I definitely agree that I need to find ways to be more comfortable with myself, but I'm not sure how to do that. I used to think that once I left high school and started college with a whole new group of people I'd be okay, but it's not. I mean I'm definitely more social and comfortable than I was in high school, but I still feel like people are alienated by me. I have a hard time making eye contact with certain people, usually people who seem very self-confident. I don't really have this problem with people who are shy or who just don't have an intimidating (even if they're friendly) vibe around them.

And sometimes I still feel like I'm the outcast, but I don't know if I'm being paranoid since I was so used to being the outcast in high school. I still have that feeling that I'm the "outsider" following me around, even if people are being totally nice to me.
    Last edited by brownhair; 31-01-10 at 11:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12