+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: life sucks

^yep....I agree

I find that streaking a public beach or street around dusk tends to open up social possibilities.

So does finding a town at the base of a valley and howling till every single dog joins in.

There are unfortunately some very antisocial types who chide you, though.

The good and the bad.

I got 3 streets of people to join in howling once. Got invited to a big party and had a blast with random strangers. Befriended some of their dogs too.. even one which didn't like tall blokes.

I'd think that'd just get her arrested although depending on where she is looking for companionship I supposed jail does offer an opportunity to meet new and interesting people from all walks of life....of course it also offers an opportunity to get shanked....its two sides of the same coin.

Haven't gotten caught yet by the thugs in blue. Knock on wood.

Best howl outing I've ever had was a few hundred dogs. Full moon nights can give you great gains in howl-a-bility.

The trick is to vocalize the full howl from start to finish. Their hearing is extreme, so what you think they can't pick up on, they generally do.

If you get half a dozen to join in, change your trajectory and keep going.

It's quite liberating, and like I mentioned... you meet people.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You need a little asian loooooove.
    sorry mister mack, i already beat you to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    What an insult PP. You should try giving some helpful advice to eco instead of insulting her.
    It's quite obvious she has a life but isn't enjoying it or living it out to its full potential.
    If eco wanted drama she could easily start doing what your doing. Insulting random people for no reason and to stir up shit.
    But she's not doing that... now is she? She seems very genuine in the post and in need of some good advice.
    no that isn't like PP to insult random members. that's MY job and no one is going to take it away from me. NO ONE i tell you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe I should set you up with this guy I know. He has 2 kids though.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you guys have meetup.com in Ireland? It's an internet based social network that allows people who have common interests to arrange outings and such. For example, there is a very large and active hiking club in my neighborhood. There's another group that does adventure outings, and another group formed a wine club.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    while I was living overseas I had to cope with having no social network at all. The isolation was novel for a while, but then it just plain sucked. I remember walking home from work on a Friday night and looking in at the bars, and thinking "look at all those lucky people with their friends." It was a pretty terrible time.

Anyway Eco, I think a lot of people go through what you're going through. The old friends dry up and it's time to find a new social circle, but that takes a lot of time. And it really isn't easy. Sometimes it feels impossible. But it's just a temporary phase of you life.

I think Vashti's idea is very solid.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you you're not by yourself. We are actually plenty of women out there who seem to have missed the train of husbands and babies...

I'm among those. I am not ugly or stupid but circumstances turned my life into what it is now.

34, living with my mother. My friends busy with babies. My sisters looking down at me tellingme 'I cant understand most things because I don't have a family or a partner to care for'...

And for nearly a whole decade I had quite an exciting life. Lived abroad. Met tons of people...just to show you I am not the anti social spinster people would expect me to be. I actually am very outgoing.

Now my advice based on your post would be to take a part time job. Even a bar job or working in a shop where you'd get to meet plenty of people. I understand your business is doing fine so it'd be a shame to let go of it. Some people on the forum complete their revenue with a week end job on the week end and it's really perfect to broaden your life and social circle...

On a personal level. You should do like me. I only hook up with people who are making me feel good about my life. People who encourage me with their positive energy. Not the traditional, snotty people who are not helping with their nasty comments.

I tried to send you an email but your box is full!!!!
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I am completely different in real life as apposed to here. I’m one of those awful people who suffer in silence. I keep everything to myself when it comes to relationships. My parents never knew anything about my relationships and how I felt or even when I was heartbroken/confused/lost after my ex-my first real relationship. I share everything else except relationships. Recently my mother told me about a conversation she had with my cousin after my cousin said she wanted to set me up with a string of guys she knew and my mom happily said to me ‘and I told her she is happy just the way she is, she doesn’t want a man’. Of course I replied ‘yep’ and nodded in agreement and was horrified at the missed opportunities. My brother’s partner said to me one time after I shared with her the last break up, ‘I’m sure you’re sick of family setting you up, there are good guys out there, don’t worry, now here’s a drink’ and I smiled and talked about something else. I’m horrified at the thought of people really knowing how I feel and how lonely I am. I guess it’s my own fault for being unable to share. My whole family and extended family think I’m strange just like my uncle f, there has been a recent trend ever since the nephews have been born to call me crazy aunt jeanne. I suppose I’m heading that direction. anyway i'm starting to dwell on this too much. i just don't know what's ahead for me.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    I am completely different in real life as apposed to here. I’m one of those awful people who suffer in silence. I keep everything to myself when it comes to relationships. My parents never knew anything about my relationships and how I felt or even when I was heartbroken/confused/lost after my ex-my first real relationship. I share everything else except relationships. Recently my mother told me about a conversation she had with my cousin after my cousin said she wanted to set me up with a string of guys she knew and my mom happily said to me ‘and I told her she is happy just the way she is, she doesn’t want a man’. Of course I replied ‘yep’ and nodded in agreement and was horrified at the missed opportunities. My brother’s partner said to me one time after I shared with her the last break up, ‘I’m sure you’re sick of family setting you up, there are good guys out there, don’t worry, now here’s a drink’ and I smiled and talked about something else. I’m horrified at the thought of people really knowing how I feel and how lonely I am. I guess it’s my own fault for being unable to share. My whole family and extended family think I’m strange just like my uncle f, there has been a recent trend ever since the nephews have been born to call me crazy aunt jeanne. I suppose I’m heading that direction. anyway i'm starting to dwell on this too much. i just don't know what's ahead for me.
    This reminds me of:

Last edited by sookie6; 01-03-10 at 11:07 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    What an insult PP. You should try giving some helpful advice to eco instead of insulting her.
    It's quite obvious she has a life but isn't enjoying it or living it out to its full potential.
    If eco wanted drama she could easily start doing what your doing. Insulting random people for no reason and to stir up shit.
    But she's not doing that... now is she? She seems very genuine in the post and in need of some good advice.
    LOOOL where did I insult her? I could insult you if you want
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    I'm horrified at the thought of people really knowing how I feel and how lonely I am.
    Well then, maybe it's a good place to start.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Just a note to say you are not alone. I know it can be hard sometimes when you don't have an SO. I looked for comfort in the arms of all the wrong women until I found someone that understood me. I would say just put yourself out there and don't try too hard. I know thats what worked for me. Trying too hard is something that people pick up on and it is not attractive.

Good luck.

You know what. You're not even worth me insulting and calling you dumb. So I take back what I just type.
    But go right ahead and insult me. The best part about it all is that you don't matter. And never will. You disgust me.
    Next!
    Last edited by Coco; 02-03-10 at 05:05 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast