+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I will be single forever :(

I'm pretty much the same when it comes to women, I have absolutely zero romantic interest in a girl (and plenty of 'em around at uni) if I haven't got a serious crush on her and her personality solidifies my liking.

I'd say that acceptance of it works better than seeing it as a problem, and not trying to force it - I'm currently in my first relationship, been in it for more than a year and probably accomplished far more than half a dozen mediocre "she looks good, so might as well try" relationships ever would. Hell, if things stay swell this it might be my first and last.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    This is the 16th guy in the last 6 months that I've gone on 1-3 dates with before deciding "He's not it."
    That's a lot of dates! Consider yourself lucky... there are a lot of people who can't even get ONE date! You are obviously doing something right. How old are you?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianonLI View Post
    You're worried about being single forever? Try being me. Try having been so lonely and miserable for your entire life, facing nothing but rejection around every turn, and then finally finding someone who truly appeared to be "the one" for you, then have them vanish overnight never to want to be with you again over trivial and ridiculous reasons. Then imagine that person spending months refusing your attempts at reconciliation, spitting every possible type of venom to push you away. Now after all that, imagine knowing you're never going to find someone else the rest of your life. That you're going to die lonely and miserable just as when you started, that the one single person God made for you is gone and is never coming back. Walk five feet in my shoes and let me know if you don't kill yourself immediately. Because every day I feel a little bit more like that is the only acceptable resolution.

There's no point in living without the one you love. The woman I love is GONE. FOREVER. There will not be another. Why do I bother going on?
    It doesn't work like that, though... matey

"The One" was the "the one" for the world you knew up until the point you met THAT one.

The fact that she wasn't "The One" means that "your one" is still out there looking for "her one" and you're not "that one".

(It works each, every, and both ways)

In a field of over 6 billion flowers, do you mean to tell us that you couldn't again be enthralled by a chance scent encounter??

Not likely.

Live your life, be true to your friends and family, but above all... be yourself.

That's the secret of both happiness and hooking up when the random seems most pronounced.

Open yourself up to the possibilities you did previously not consider or yet realize.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That's a lot of dates! Consider yourself lucky... there are a lot of people who can't even get ONE date! You are obviously doing something right. How old are you?
    I'm 24. I like dating. In fact I love it. I love men. I'm just having trouble finding someone I like enough romantically past the 3rd date (you know, the part where most guys want to kiss you).

Out of that all the guys I've dated recently only 2 of them have made my heart speed up. One of them got himself a girlfriend (who wasn't me) and the other just isn't that into me. Such is life.

I want a spark!!! What's a girl gotta do for a spark!!!

I want a spark!!! What's a girl gotta do for a spark!!!
    Jam a fork into a power outlet.

Laila

What I've learned over the past few years: all the dates I have looked for myself (internet dating) did not work out...

I have dated 4 men I met online. They were so different age, look and personality wise. There were excellent beginnings online, we shared pictures and long chats...

But the dates: after 3 dates interest wore off....no spark, they didnt make my heart melt...they didn"t pursue me either.

Years ago, I remember a guy at work (he was quite charming). He once confided: 'I really like a girl at work...but she 's not even pretty'...

This just goes to show that there is something unexplainable to that little initial little spark...no rule...but yes it needs to be there to keep you interested...and you know it's sooo not worth it to pursue someone when there is no spark and just because you want to be with someone...

So really wait and see...but you know that already

Over the past 3 years I felt a spark for someone....he was someone I met in a work environment...I met him very unexpectedly...and I found it ironic that I put so much efforts and time on websites when really life has a funny way to naturally bring people into your life...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I'm 24. I like dating. In fact I love it. I love men. I'm just having trouble finding someone I like enough romantically past the 3rd date (you know, the part where most guys want to kiss you).

Out of that all the guys I've dated recently only 2 of them have made my heart speed up. One of them got himself a girlfriend (who wasn't me) and the other just isn't that into me. Such is life.
    You make it sounds like you are somehow the only one in this boat. You are forgetting that everyone goes through this, not just you. It's difficult for everyone. Once you accept this it will get a lot easier.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That "spark" is a rarity. It's a fantastic feeling, and I certainly understand why you'd want it, but I am not sure it should be a prerequisite for a meaningful relationship. After all, it wears off, and you would have to live without it anyway. In the end, people forever chasing that spark are the ones who end up with multiple divorces under their belt.

Of course, this is not to say there shouldn't be some level of attraction and desire. Just be careful about keeping yourself in balance. I've only felt that spark twice in my whole life, and the one time it developed into a relationship, the guy was a disaster.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's not the spark which one looks for, it's the subsequent maintenance sparks....the continued affirmations of interest, desire, respect, and love above all else.

Sparks can happen with anyone... Renewed sparks happen for a very few select couples.

Well, at least you're mature and experienced enough to know when it's worth going on and when it isn't. Better single than with the wrong guy... with my current self-esteem and loneliness values it'll take a LOT of willpower not to staple myself to the first girl that shows interest.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    Well, at least you're mature and experienced enough to know when it's worth going on and when it isn't. Better single than with the wrong guy... with my current self-esteem and loneliness values it'll take a LOT of willpower not to staple myself to the first girl that shows interest.
    Fake self esteem and ignore loneliness in that case. You'd only get there with age, experience, and wisdom... anyway. Why not give yourself a headstart?

Damn Mish. Stfu she obviously knows there are other people in the situation. Like she said earlier in the post... she frustrated and this is her rant.

Anyway girl I am in the same boat. We are both 24, young and single!!! Lucky you... you get dates!!! Keep on exploring and don't expect. I know you don't have a list... but don't have love or spark on the brain. Just try to enjoy every date you can and make the most of it. It usually happens... when you aren't expecting.

Maybe you're writing some of these guys off too soon? Attraction doesn't always happen right away.
    Last edited by starbuck; 08-03-10 at 01:38 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Maybe you're writing some of these guys off too soon? Instant attraction doesn't always happen right away.
    That happened with me too. I wasn't all that into my bf at the beginning, it somehow came after and is growing and growing
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Maybe you're writing some of these guys off too soon? Attraction doesn't always happen right away.
    I struggle with this a lot. I just don't want to string anyone along or hurt anyone's feelings. The 2 guys I was interested in never broke it off with me. They still try to contact me and keep me on the back burner and I think it's very confusing behavior. One of them has a girlfriend even, so what he's doing doesn't make sense. I don't appreciate that kind of stuff and I'd rather they tell me they're not interested instead of giving me false hope.

I guess that's why I'm always so quick to break it off. If I know it's not working I don't want to lead someone on.

Also, I wasn't always a dating maniac. I didn't date for 1 and a half years and then I decided to put efforts into dating and flirting. I find dates online, at work, and through friends. If I find the guy somewhat attractive, I say "yes" to the date and then figure out the compatibility later which is probably why the failure rate is so high.
    Last edited by LailaK; 08-03-10 at 04:55 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast