+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Father Dearest

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would like my father to be asked. I am close with my father and I know he'll be pleased to be asked and he will undoubabtly give his blessing. But I agree with everyone else that you don't need to ask but you should ask... though if they are not close then you should ask whomever she IS close with. How about her mother instead... or her aunty whomever is "giving her away" (in theroy).

My mother would LOVE to be asked. She's been there for me through every single break-up and she's forever terrified that every guy will break my heart. She hates hearing/seeing me in pain, and always asks me how things are with my current boyfriend. I've impressed this upon my boyfriend too. He knows that I go to my mother with everything and I would hope that he would foresee it being a smart move. I'd be more than willing to drop such a hint in the event I felt like our relationship was seriously headed toward marriage.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congrats and good luck TAVS!

Oh, and I've often wondered how this specific scenario goes with men, so please post back and explain. Both my dad and husband just shrugged me off about the issue when I asked them. They get on really well, but it was like I had intruded into some restricted Men Only club. Do you arm wrestle? Drink each other under the table? Threaten the husband-to-be with a surprise death-hit if you screw up (a real possibility in my family).

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Congrats and good luck TAVS!

Oh, and I've often wondered how this specific scenario goes with men, so please post back and explain. Both my dad and husband just shrugged me off about the issue when I asked them. They get on really well, but it was like I had intruded into some restricted Men Only club. Do you arm wrestle? Drink each other under the table? Threaten the husband-to-be with a surprise death-hit if you screw up (a real possibility in my family).
    I will at some point, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I am about the most busy man you could ever meet, so I dont know when I'll fit all that into my schedule.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Congrats Tavs! Hope the blessing goes well.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i feel that it's only respectable if you're trying to kiss his ass. then again, i've dated a lot of girls who had divorces parents and they no longer lived with their fathers.

ok, seriously though, it wouldn't hurt to ask for her father's permission, however, i'd better guess that he will say yes. if he doesn't, then you're stuck in a bind. going against your future father in law's wishes won't set to well with him.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12