+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Met a girl via a dating site, some advice please

No problem that I see. One can usually count on a kiss after a date or two, but not always.

First, she may be shy about it. Second, she may be unsure she wants to get involved and doesn't want to put her heart that much on the line. Third, she may just want to date as friends.

None are really bad, though some are better than others.

I guess you should ask whether she held your hand, touched your shoulder, put her arm around you. All those are good signs.

Number one sign though - did she seem to have a good time.

-PP

I would say we and she had a good time, we were chatting away and having a laugh on the way to the cinema and also while we had a drink beforehand.
    She actually touched my hand on the first date to get my attention on something behind me in the mall while we were in Starbucks.

I leaned in to kiss her when she dropped me off last night, not a full blown move really, but she offered her cheek though it wasn't awkward or clumsy thankfully!
    I don't think she is shy I would say she seems quite confident, as someone previously posted "let her dictate the pace" I definitely think that's what's happening and I'll have to go along with it.

We are seeing each other again next week so it seems to be heading in the right direction anyway.

Cute!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Cute!!!!!!!!
    What's your opinion? Should I just chill, buckle up and go along for the ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to black View Post
    What's your opinion? Should I just chill, buckle up and go along for the ride?
    At least get some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    At least get some ass.
    I hope too, she has a very nice one!

Women are a strange breed, I don't hear from her for the best part of two weeks after the first date.
    She then contacts me via her mobile phone to arrange a second date, we have the second date and it went well, as well as a cinema date can be I guess.
    Since that date, almost two weeks ago and where she said she would get in touch to meet up again, I've text her three times without reply!

I honestly don't know whether to draw on the experience between date 1 and 2 and assume she'll get back to me in her own time
    Or if that's it done and dusted

I'm leaning towards the latter : (

I'm sorry to hear that, Fade.

If it's any consolation, you did better than most of my "romances" through my 20s. You had a couple good dates, so "no flies on you".

Personally, I doubt she'll call back. And if she does, you have to ask whether an occasional casual date is okay for you or if you need some degree of commitment.

Good luck with whatever's next.

-PP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12